Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

   
Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

MR's Exit - All Discussion HERE! (Page 11)

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Joined: 21 September 2010
Posts: 3591

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:14am | IP Logged
my take is fine MR leave...But atleast give us two months worth of Tasha romance...After that you are out of show and LTL is out of my life...I was never a fan of MV and I just liked the Character Dutta played by MR...even today Nakku's dramatics were getting on my nerves as i was thinking how calmly baaji accepted that dutta died...did he look for the charred remains...No..so how did he say dutta died...And i did want a SuperCop to enter the show..It was my fondest wish..but at cost of Dutta....i wanted that as a subplot after tasha union...some super intelligent nemesis for dutta, whom we all can consider his counterpart and liked not hated, some sort of cat and mouse chase between them....some action and mazaa...and side by side awesome tasha romance..

Socho kaisa hota jab Dutta nakku ko pyar se dekhte huye..apni ankho se bye bolke nikalta....During some business deal he clashes with this cop and manages to get back home to his loving wife ki baahon mein.....bring the cop fine but bring him as a way for dutta to turn back to dutta from duttabhau...but this cop as replacement for dutta will never work out...not for me.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosaMrsKhan

.scorpio10 IF-Rockerz
.scorpio10
.scorpio10

Joined: 23 August 2010
Posts: 6052

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shilpita87

my take is fine MR leave...But atleast give us two months worth of Tasha romance...After that you are out of show and LTL is out of my life...I was never a fan of MV and I just liked the Character Dutta played by MR...even today Nakku's dramatics were getting on my nerves as i was thinking how calmly baaji accepted that dutta died...did he look for the charred remains...No..so how did he say dutta died...And i did want a SuperCop to enter the show..It was my fondest wish..but at cost of Dutta....i wanted that as a subplot after tasha union...some super intelligent nemesis for dutta, whom we all can consider his counterpart and liked not hated, some sort of cat and mouse chase between them....some action and mazaa...and side by side awesome tasha romance..

Socho kaisa hota jab Dutta nakku ko pyar se dekhte huye..apni ankho se bye bolke nikalta....During some business deal he clashes with this cop and manages to get back home to his loving wife ki baahon mein.....bring the cop fine but bring him as a way for dutta to turn back to dutta from duttabhau...but this cop as replacement for dutta will never work out...not for me.
 
totally .. I was never a MV or MR fan ..I love  the story of LTL , I love D character ...
 
If has to end ... then end it ... but bring  ill logical and absurd twists in teh story ...
 
I getting irritated nd pissed with articles ... leaving aand then he not ...what do they take us for ... fools ...
 
Naku was on my nerves today ...  This is turning me off the show ...


Edited by scorpio10 - 05 January 2011 at 11:44am
droopy_asleep Goldie
droopy_asleep
droopy_asleep

Joined: 31 August 2005
Posts: 1887

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01


Are you seriously saying that there can be a replacement for MR as Dutta?ConfusedLOL.....Ok firstly KSBKBT was a KEKTA soap....and Mihir was a TYPICAL sort of character....since then, manyyyyyyy replacements have happened in many shows and ppl hardly blink....most recent case being DMG with its THREE RiddhimasWacko.....all of these shows are very typical types which hardly ever put in the kind of thought and nuances to their story like LTL has.....and much more than that MR has! The way MR has breathed life and soul into Dutta, NO ONE can....and I'm not saying this with bias or as a blind fan....I've watched a lot of shows.....seen a lot of actors....and no one has left me in awe as MR has....so in my eyes, that is no small feat.....and I will maintain....no one else can play Dutta.....they can TRY....but it just won't work.....MR's exit is a death knell for LTL anyways.


I agree with you that MR has breathed life into Dutta the character. But I am thinking about what a production house would do right? Their goal is to keep their project running, since its fecthing them TRPs, so think about it this way. I am a Project Manager and my awesome lead dev who knew everything about the system, decides to quit and gives me 2 months notice to do so....what should i do? Scrap the project itself or look for alternatives. Hey..the channel has to be reasonable to its revenues too.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeakingMrsKhan

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Joined: 28 March 2006
Posts: 100880

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by droopy_asleep



I agree with you that MR has breathed life into Dutta the character. But I am thinking about what a production house would do right? Their goal is to keep their project running, since its fecthing them TRPs, so think about it this way. I am a Project Manager and my awesome lead dev who knew everything about the system, decides to quit and gives me 2 months notice to do so....what should i do? Scrap the project itself or look for alternatives. Hey..the channel has to be reasonable to its revenues too.


From a project management perspective, they should see WHERE their TRPs and revenues were coming from and they'll get their answer....if they want to be blind or in denial and actually think that this show can run without MR, they are most welcome to try....but this is no typical show where such fundas will work....that is my point. The most reasonable thing to do WOULD be to end the show obviously....there are no other alternatives.....Dutta and MR's portrayal of that character is the life and soul of this show, it's as simple as that.

For whatever it's worth, they DO have a month and half's notice time....so it's up to them how they make use of that time in an optimum manner....if they want to waste it all in setting things up for a new entry/replacement, that's going to blow up in their face anyways.....so in my opinion, the only reasonable thing to do is give the show a good ending....give the characters a good culmination to their journey....make it all worthwhile, that's it.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-sub_rosakhushix

droopy_asleep Goldie
droopy_asleep
droopy_asleep

Joined: 31 August 2005
Posts: 1887

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01


From a project management perspective, they should see WHERE their TRPs and revenues were coming from and they'll get their answer....if they want to be blind or in denial and actually think that this show can run without MR, they are most welcome to try....but this is no typical show where such fundas will work....that is my point. The most reasonable thing to do WOULD be to end the show obviously....there are no other alternatives.....Dutta and MR's portrayal of that character is the life and soul of this show, it's as simple as that.

For whatever it's worth, they DO have a month and half's notice time....so it's up to them how they make use of that time in an optimum manner....if they want to waste it all in setting things up for a new entry/replacement, that's going to blow up in their face anyways.....so in my opinion, the only reasonable thing to do is give the show a good ending....give the characters a good culmination to their journey....make it all worthwhile, that's it.


I will just agree to disagree here, since I am in complete agreement that MR is fantastic and defines Dutta. But I am also of the opinion that nobody is irreplaceable. It is the character Dutta that has clicked very well with the audience, if they are able to bring in an equally talented actor, then it might work for everyone involved.
Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Joined: 06 August 2007
Posts: 8200

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:57am | IP Logged

I am completely choked up, totally lost for words. I didn't think something like this could get me so disappointed, but like Rosa, I also feel cheated. To have so much love for a show, high expectations, receiving this news is like being knocked down to the ground. We watched the characters and their lives progress as if they were real- loved them as if they were real, because the actors had truly breathed life into their roles and made them so appealing. I'm not angry or disappointed at MR for leaving, he's human, has his dreams and now he feels it is the right time to fulfil them. Yet, I feel more sad for the show, which had so much invested in it and so much left to offer- I feel really low, and I am so not interested in seeing an undercover cop become Naku's saviour. The moment MR is out of the show, that is the end of LTL for me, no more. I just wish they could give us at least some happy and peaceful moments between Dutta and Nakusha. I feel really upset at myself too for getting so attatched to a show, I can't even think positive guys. I'm really sorry, but I can't believe this is happening to such a beautiful show, a show which I have always harped on about as being 'different'. x



Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 05 January 2011 at 11:57am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosafuzzyfacekabeeraspeakingkhushixMrsKhanAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Joined: 28 March 2006
Posts: 100880

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by droopy_asleep

if they are able to bring in an equally talented actor, then it might work for everyone involved.


Do you have any suggestions for such "equally talented actors" to replace him?? Any names that come to your mind? I'm curious to knowSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pyari_Zahra

Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Joined: 06 August 2007
Posts: 8200

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by droopy_asleep


I will just agree to disagree here, since I am in complete agreement that MR is fantastic and defines Dutta. But I am also of the opinion that nobody is irreplaceable. It is the character Dutta that has clicked very well with the audience, if they are able to bring in an equally talented actor, then it might work for everyone involved.
 
No matter how talented an actor they are able to rope in, it cannot erase the niche that has already been carved by the previous actor- especially one of MR's calibre. And even more so, when MR has been doing this role for almost a year now- that image, physical presence cannot be matched in my opinion, and certainly won't be accepted easily by the public either. Fine if they believe that this is Naku's story, and not TaSha's- they can live in this little bubble of theirs, but we all know what has really driven this show! x

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

shipsrayjstsub_rosadivy609fuzzyfaceMelodiousDreams-bharti-*dewdrop~pearl*Dancingdollincandescence--Sia--khushixMrsKhanAreYaar

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
All Discussion on MYNM here || 2 Latest promos Pg 37

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38 39

Author: Dew-drop   Replies: 308   Views: 21759

Dew-drop 308 21759 17 December 2010 at 8:13am by Goodd
LTL Daily Epi Discussion Thread #1|

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 145 146

Author: minuu   Replies: 1164   Views: 48253

minuu 1164 48253 01 September 2010 at 2:21pm by zeekaytg
Discussion: Saturday Special Episode

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13

Author: iwantitall   Replies: 100   Views: 6914

iwantitall 100 6914 02 May 2010 at 7:09pm by MrsKhan
Kala's Plan, TaSha's Shadi & Supriya's Exit Thread

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19

Author: -Fivr-   Replies: 144   Views: 7063

-Fivr- 144 7063 28 April 2010 at 9:53am by -Madzy-
Ridhi DOgra soon to exit LTL article

2

Author: cameroon16   Replies: 11   Views: 2847

cameroon16 11 2847 28 April 2010 at 6:48am by CantThnkOfAName

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index