Laagi Tujhse Lagan

MR's Exit - All Discussion HERE! - Page 13

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: HumaG

i would rather remember LTL has the love story of DN that was so imperfect it was perfect. the DN that made me fall in love with love. and i would like to thank MR for giving me DSP the guy who despite all his imperfections was perfect. Love how you put this! They were indeed perfect in their imperfections๐Ÿ˜

the day MR leaves that will be the day i say bye to LTL. because LTL was is and will remain the love story of DN for me.

p.s i think this week should give the CV's and colours what MR not being in episodes does to the TRP's :) LOL....it remains to be seen....usually the lead heroines tears instantly translate into TRPs for a show as well๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†.....but more than that....the thing is that most of the audience watching the show is probably not aware of MR's impending exit...so they will all keep watching in the curiosity of WHEN Dutta will be back....which just might keep the TRPs high....hmmmm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HumaG thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

thats our DN for us ๐Ÿ˜ to be honest i think the indian audience have wised up they dont like tear fest anymore. they prefer a stronger lead or a happy lead thats why shows like pratigya (no i dont watch) and SGP are ruling the TRP roost. and even if it did i dont think MV's slender shoulders can carry the huge weight of LTL forward on her own especially with her being busy with jhalak and her getting married. so i think we will be heading towards the wrap of LTL ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Assuming that this report is accurate...what an incredibly sad turn of events...which are unfortunate for all parties involved really. I wish MR the best in whatever he wants to pursue because he has full right to do so...however, that's not to say I'm not disappointed because the story so far at the very least--if not the show in entirety--deserves a decent culmination. Of course MR can't exactly be held responsible for it, but I won't be one to blame the writers and production house either because they are in a sticky situation here. Think of it strictly from a business-minded point-of-view...the show has been garnering top spots on the charts, it is barely a year old, they (probably in their opinion) still have so much fodder to stretch it out with, and their sole purpose in creating the show to begin with wasn't for creative satisfaction, so should it really be expected that they will end it? I'm sure they realize what an asset MR is to their show and team, but if he wants to move on, should the entire unit shut down and pack up...the writers, all other actors(!), and hundreds of technicians in pre and post production all loose their jobs just because one person isn't there anymore? The show will definitely suffer big-time and loose on audience, but maybe they're hoping and trying that there will still be an audience that they can catch and keep with whatever happens afterwards and though it might not work, I can't begrudge them that effort...if MR is moving on, it shouldn't mean that all these other people 'stop'...

As for us viewers, when have things ever ended well? ๐Ÿ˜† Rarely...and as someone who has watched countless shows that have had a similar fate, I can't say that this is new to me anymore...it's saddening definitely, very much so because LTL was undoubtedly unique in the way it managed to perfectly click on so many levels. Yet we can only cherish what we've had so far and hope for a decent cut-off now. I don't think there is any use in petitioning to get MR back because he has gone of his own will with bigger things in mind, which he must have thought well and thoroughly about...and to demand that the show ends, IMO, is not very mature...if they do end it, no one would be happier than me because the story will remain untainted...but if they want to go on, it has to be remembered that this is a business for them at the end of the day and we can't hold them at blame for doing their jobs in the best capacity possible within the circumstances.
AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: make-believe

and to demand that the show ends, IMO, is not very mature...if they do end it, no one would be happier than me because the story will remain untainted...but if they want to go on, it has to be remembered that this is a business for them at the end of the day and we can't hold them at blame for doing their jobs in the best capacity possible within the circumstances.

Why, Fatty? Why is it immature? Do we watch these shows as "business ventures" which have hundreds of ppl involved in them or do we watch them cuz we connect to a story and characters? If we want to go by this logic, then every other crapfest on TV also should continue forever cuz it has the livelihood of hundreds of actors/technicians attached to it.....shouldn't it?

It is a business venture for the producers, not for the audience.....for the audience, it is an investment of time, energy, emotions into a story....so why won't they think of a payoff for that?

I don't find it immature to demand an end....if the producers have a right to watch out for their profits/investments, the audience has its right to demand a happy ending to leave a beautiful story untainted.

rayjst thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

thats our DN for us ๐Ÿ˜ to be honest i think the indian audience have wised up they dont like tear fest anymore. they prefer a stronger lead or a happy lead thats why shows like pratigya (no i dont watch) and SGP are ruling the TRP roost. and even if it did i dont think MV's slender shoulders can carry the huge weight of LTL forward on her own especially with her being busy with jhalak and her getting married. so i think we will be heading towards the wrap of LTL ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The poor girl is having such a hard time keeping her eyes open these days๐Ÿ˜”, yesterday when she was standing at Dutta's room's doorway holding that diya, thinking, I almost expected her to fall down asleep then nd there.It was like watching people falling asleep in class during early morning lectures...Is she still there in JDJ???
Edited by rayjst - 13 years ago
HumaG thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rayjst

The poor girl is having such a hard time keeping her eyes open these days๐Ÿ˜”, yesterday when she was standing at Dutta's room's doorway holding that diya, thinking, I almost expected her to fall down asleep then nd there.It was like watching people falling asleep in class during early morning lectures...Is she still there in JDJ???

yep shes still there hanging in there from what i here ๐Ÿ˜Š
rayjst thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

yep shes still there hanging in there from what i here ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hope she doesn't get sick or nything๐Ÿ˜”, me going way off topic ha, will stop...

Edited by rayjst - 13 years ago
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: nureat01

Why, Fatty? Why is it immature? Do we watch these shows as "business ventures" which have hundreds of ppl involved in them or do we watch them cuz we connect to a story and characters? If we want to go by this logic, then every other crapfest on TV also should continue forever cuz it has the livelihood of hundreds of actors/technicians attached to it.....shouldn't it?

It is a business venture for the producers, not for the audience.....for the audience, it is an investment of time, energy, emotions into a story....so why won't they think of a payoff for that?

I don't find it immature to demand an end....if the producers have a right to watch out for their profits/investments, the audience has its right to demand a happy ending to leave a beautiful story untainted.

LTL is not every other crapfest, Anu...it might turn into one of them down the line, maybe in just this one upcoming month, but it still hasn't expired beyond its natural life RIGHT NOW and they make these decisions of whether to continue or not based on the perception of how things are at the moment. 

And if we can look at this whole situation from MR's point-of-view and understand why he is taking such a step, then why not do the same for the production house and understand why they might think that continuing on will actually be profitable? Maybe the reason why I am indifferent to whatever they do with the show beyond DN's story is because I've already had much practice with cutting-off from shows in the past and believing the characters to be either dead or happy after a certain point in the story. To me, it honestly doesn't matter what they do to the show after MR leaves, because that will be the end of it for me and I will cherish the first year of LTL regardless of whether the show ends, continues, shifts over to Mars, etc. etc. I can hope for a happy, untainted ending, but if it doesn't happen (worst case scenario and most likely right now), I won't crib about it because the PH people too are in a fix because of what has happened (they are trying to accommodate an actor's wishes, not thinking this all up out of voluntary whims) and I can understand their point-of-view as well. 
Edited by make-believe - 13 years ago
Dancingdoll thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
MB, your views are definitely practical and completely from the POV of the PH....But we are viewers, on the other side of the screen...LTL has touched us so much that we don't want it to join the same list of "crapfest" (Thx Nu).....Do we think PH would listen - I dont think so because as you have stated - as long as a venture is profitable, they would go on....End of the day "THEY" are bothered about profits....but we arent...We are not here for Profits, we are here for eternal experience that LTL offers and its our love for this show that makes us "appeal" to not let it join the same rat race....To not make it a TRP Generating machine...To not kill the eternal feeling that we have grown to live in....

MB, Ours is an emotional appeal, PH's would be a practical one for their shoes....There is nothing immatured about either of us, for a mere fact that each of us are not on the other side of the table....Ofcourse, we know they wouldnt kill the show, but its our emotions that speak...our conviction to not see the ultimate deterioration of a masterpiece...and let it go in the golden pages of the TV Industry as a unique artistry in "totality"...I am tired of watching shows in piecemeal....Show 1, Watch forst 180 epsidoes...Show 2, First 100 episodes and then from episode 150 to 175....Why cant we have a show, complete and beautiful in itself....We cant see a masterpiece falling into pieces...That's why the appeal but we arent disillusioned about the business affects...I can assure u that!!!
Edited by Dancingdoll - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: make-believe

LTL is not every other crapfest, Anu...it might turn into one of them down the line, maybe in just this one upcoming month, but it still hasn't expired beyond its natural life RIGHT NOW and they make these decisions of whether to continue or not based on the perception of how things are at the moment. 

And if we can look at this whole situation from MR's point-of-view and understand why he is taking such a step, then why not do the same for the production house and understand why they might think that continuing on will actually be profitable? Maybe the reason why I am indifferent to whatever they do with the show beyond DN's story is because I've already had much practice with cutting-off from shows in the past and believing the characters to be either dead or happy after a certain point in the story. To me, it honestly doesn't matter what they do to the show after MR leaves, because that will be the end of it for me and I will cherish the first year of LTL regardless of whether the show ends, continues, shifts over to Mars, etc. etc. I can hope for a happy, untainted ending, but if doesn't happen (worst case scenario and most likely right now), I won't crib about it because the PH people too are in a fix because of what has happened and I can understand their point-of-view as well. 

Fatty, I don't think this is a question of not understanding why the producers WANT to keep on extending the show since it is their revenue machine or whatever....LTL is not every other crapfest....EXACTLY why I DON'T want to have to see it reaching that point....sure the show will be dead for me too once MR leaves but what exactly is so bad about asking for a proper culmination and ending to a story that has been built up so well for a year?  I'm not looking at this from either MR's point of view or the production house ka point of view....I'm looking at it from my own point of view....and my point of view is related to what this story has been....how amazingly this character has been enacted by MR....this entire journey....won't it be for naught if the character doesn't even reach a resolution?....Ofcourse we will all cherish the memories of the first year....but the story is at such a point and they DO have a time of almost two months to make it reach a good conclusion...then why not? Would you seriously rather watch Dutta talking to Seema for one month as Nakku cries or challenges Kala in PN simultaneously and then MR just leaves? After allllllllll this time.....this entireeeeeeee journey....everything....all that leads to just THAT?!

Continuing the show beyond that with new faces/characters whatever WILL turn LTL into a crapfest....so can you blame some ppl who may not be as good as say you at being able to make themselves indifferent so quickly to the situation for wanting a nice ending with all those ends tied up and the story untainted? I can't really......I'm not as torn up about this as everyone else either....I can also happily remember the DN of the last year and keep that DN alive in my memories....but I don't find it immature really to ask for a good ending for such special characters. Cuz personally I don't really have any faith in this show surviving MR's exit no matter how good the writers/technicians etc. may be....this wasn't an ordinary character....if it was any other character played by any other actor, I probably wouldn't even care that much....but this is a very unique case in my opinion.