Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

droopy_asleep thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: nureat01

Are you seriously saying that there can be a replacement for MR as Dutta?😕😆.....Ok firstly KSBKBT was a KEKTA soap....and Mihir was a TYPICAL sort of character....since then, manyyyyyyy replacements have happened in many shows and ppl hardly blink....most recent case being DMG with its THREE Riddhimas.....all of these shows are very typical types which hardly ever put in the kind of thought and nuances to their story like LTL has.....and much more than that MR has! The way MR has breathed life and soul into Dutta, NO ONE can....and I'm not saying this with bias or as a blind fan....I've watched a lot of shows.....seen a lot of actors....and no one has left me in awe as MR has....so in my eyes, that is no small feat.....and I will maintain....no one else can play Dutta.....they can TRY....but it just won't work.....MR's exit is a death knell for LTL anyways.

I agree with you that MR has breathed life into Dutta the character. But I am thinking about what a production house would do right? Their goal is to keep their project running, since its fecthing them TRPs, so think about it this way. I am a Project Manager and my awesome lead dev who knew everything about the system, decides to quit and gives me 2 months notice to do so....what should i do? Scrap the project itself or look for alternatives. Hey..the channel has to be reasonable to its revenues too.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: droopy_asleep

I agree with you that MR has breathed life into Dutta the character. But I am thinking about what a production house would do right? Their goal is to keep their project running, since its fecthing them TRPs, so think about it this way. I am a Project Manager and my awesome lead dev who knew everything about the system, decides to quit and gives me 2 months notice to do so....what should i do? Scrap the project itself or look for alternatives. Hey..the channel has to be reasonable to its revenues too.

From a project management perspective, they should see WHERE their TRPs and revenues were coming from and they'll get their answer....if they want to be blind or in denial and actually think that this show can run without MR, they are most welcome to try....but this is no typical show where such fundas will work....that is my point. The most reasonable thing to do WOULD be to end the show obviously....there are no other alternatives.....Dutta and MR's portrayal of that character is the life and soul of this show, it's as simple as that.

For whatever it's worth, they DO have a month and half's notice time....so it's up to them how they make use of that time in an optimum manner....if they want to waste it all in setting things up for a new entry/replacement, that's going to blow up in their face anyways.....so in my opinion, the only reasonable thing to do is give the show a good ending....give the characters a good culmination to their journey....make it all worthwhile, that's it.
droopy_asleep thumbnail

From a project management perspective, they should see WHERE their TRPs and revenues were coming from and they'll get their answer....if they want to be blind or in denial and actually think that this show can run without MR, they are most welcome to try....but this is no typical show where such fundas will work....that is my point. The most reasonable thing to do WOULD be to end the show obviously....there are no other alternatives.....Dutta and MR's portrayal of that character is the life and soul of this show, it's as simple as that.

For whatever it's worth, they DO have a month and half's notice time....so it's up to them how they make use of that time in an optimum manner....if they want to waste it all in setting things up for a new entry/replacement, that's going to blow up in their face anyways.....so in my opinion, the only reasonable thing to do is give the show a good ending....give the characters a good culmination to their journey....make it all worthwhile, that's it.

I will just agree to disagree here, since I am in complete agreement that MR is fantastic and defines Dutta. But I am also of the opinion that nobody is irreplaceable. It is the character Dutta that has clicked very well with the audience, if they are able to bring in an equally talented actor, then it might work for everyone involved.
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

I am completely choked up, totally lost for words. I didn't think something like this could get me so disappointed, but like Rosa, I also feel cheated. To have so much love for a show, high expectations, receiving this news is like being knocked down to the ground. We watched the characters and their lives progress as if they were real- loved them as if they were real, because the actors had truly breathed life into their roles and made them so appealing. I'm not angry or disappointed at MR for leaving, he's human, has his dreams and now he feels it is the right time to fulfil them. Yet, I feel more sad for the show, which had so much invested in it and so much left to offer- I feel really low, and I am so not interested in seeing an undercover cop become Naku's saviour. The moment MR is out of the show, that is the end of LTL for me, no more. I just wish they could give us at least some happy and peaceful moments between Dutta and Nakusha. I feel really upset at myself too for getting so attatched to a show, I can't even think positive guys. I'm really sorry, but I can't believe this is happening to such a beautiful show, a show which I have always harped on about as being 'different'. x

Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

if they are able to bring in an equally talented actor, then it might work for everyone involved.

Do you have any suggestions for such "equally talented actors" to replace him?? Any names that come to your mind? I'm curious to know😊
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail

I will just agree to disagree here, since I am in complete agreement that MR is fantastic and defines Dutta. But I am also of the opinion that nobody is irreplaceable. It is the character Dutta that has clicked very well with the audience, if they are able to bring in an equally talented actor, then it might work for everyone involved.

No matter how talented an actor they are able to rope in, it cannot erase the niche that has already been carved by the previous actor- especially one of MR's calibre. And even more so, when MR has been doing this role for almost a year now- that image, physical presence cannot be matched in my opinion, and certainly won't be accepted easily by the public either. Fine if they believe that this is Naku's story, and not TaSha's- they can live in this little bubble of theirs, but we all know what has really driven this show! x
droopy_asleep thumbnail

Do you have any suggestions for such "equally talented actors" to replace him?? Any names that come to your mind? I'm curious to know😊

I am no creative, but I like Iqbal Khan (though I know he has a show at hand), Shabbir Ahluwalia (who seems to at least have the look of a Don) and possibly Raahil Azim (though he too has a show at hand), Anas Rashid (again he also has a show). But these would have been good possibilities to fit the brooding hero that Dutta is.
I would like to re-state that I really like MR as Dutta and having him leave is sad, but life has to go on.
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail

^^ I don't even think these guys could do an amazing job as Dutta, in my opinion- once an actor has got into the skin of a character, for another dude to come and rip that skin off and wrap himself with it is near impossible!! Anyway, it doesn't even matter, because I'm not going to be around long enough to watch any other guy ATTEMPT to play Dutta! x

Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 13 years ago
Rani48 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Will If he is going out of this show. I personally will stop watching this show all together.

This show is made up of Dutta, Naku, Baji  with out those people its nothing of a show.

There is no way you can show us that Naku and Dutta are sole mates and then bring someone else and then later on make her fall in love with that person.

How much do you guys bet it will be her real life Boyfriend as the undercover Cop?
desisisters thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It's a very sad day. I can't believe this is happening. It's official now 😭