Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Abbyviv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I thought to win best actress award you have to be good at acting.. not my fault tho, atleast this what happens in every other country! but glad to finally understand what best actress in bollywood means.. acting doesn't count! Best actress = the most popular.. 
Originally posted by: AbbiePrivate

I thought to win best actress award you have to be good at acting.. not my fault tho, atleast this what happens in every other country! but glad to finally understand what best actress in bollywood means.. acting doesn't count! Best actress = the most popular.. 

Well I'm also assuming that in other countries there are more than three top actresses that can act. Bollywood doesn't have that, so until more talented actresses come in and we have more than 6 or so actresses to choose from (like the BW actors), talent will always come last
Thats the problem, people confuse actors with stars. Katrina is the best Female star but this years best actress has got to be Vidya Balan.
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have realised now that Katrina is a star whereas Vidya, Kareena, Priyanka they all are Actresses
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AbbiePrivate

Unfortunately in Bollywood that is how it is. If you notice in all the upcoming award shows only the popular hit movies and their stars  will get the recognized as Best film, Best actor, Best actress etc.So whoever rakes in the moolah is the King/Queen of the industry. That is why most shows now have the "critics awards" even that is actually a farce.
ruky786 thumbnail
Originally posted by: qwww

Unfortunately in Bollywood that is how it is. If you notice in all the upcoming award shows only the popular hit movies and their stars  will get the recognized as Best film, Best actor, Best actress etc.So whoever rakes in the moolah is the King/Queen of the industry. That is why most shows now have the "critics awards" even that is actually a farce.

Absolutely, even though sometimes I think Oscars are a bit biased😆
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ruky786

Absolutely, even though sometimes I think Oscars are a bit biased😆

biasness is a perspective... if people we think deserving don't win, it's biased... and if people we think are deserving win, then someone else will think it's biased... you can't please all...!   😉

i don't think all of the awards are biased...!   😛   also depends, on who is voting...!
ruky786 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nuktaacheen

biasness is a perspective... if people we think deserving don't win, it's biased... and if people we think are deserving win, then someone else will think it's biased... you can't please all...!   😉

i don't think all of the awards are biased...!   😛   also depends, on who is voting...!

Yh I do agree it depends on who votes
Edited by ruky786 - 13 years ago
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
something's fishy going on this year. kat's winning way too many consecutive accolades. it's surreal. maybe she's going around bribing poll makers. hmmm. 
ruky786 thumbnail
Originally posted by: CZ..

something's fishy going on this year. kat's winning way too many consecutive accolades. it's surreal. maybe she's going around bribing poll makers. hmmm. 

mujhe bhi kuch garbar lag raha hain😛