Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2
Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2

A Moment on Thouhgt of Ekta Kapoor's Style

Du_Nish Goldie
Du_Nish
Du_Nish

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:26am | IP Logged
Hi Guys

Few days ago,I was thinking how even at times soap shows give us the typical ingrdient masala but we still bear it! I was thinking what does it we really attract to that at times even if we feel the show is predictable, we took some time on our life and sit and watch it.

I went more to try to understand the key ingredient of Ekta Kapoor's shows and even if I did not watch a lot shows, I must agree most of my read shows and have in mind that should be though typical but can watch are Ekta Kapoor's production indeed. Now I really don't know if there is any lucky charm in astrological term with the k factor or is it really shows that emote us as how they want the audience to react.

I actually did not know until I met someone who was previously a model actor and then did his masters in advertising and communication field, among his research of work,there was something like movie screen research that he did. That actually made me get a greater picture of the world of reel. Like any other work field and industry, the movie is another prosperous and stable industry as a whole but volatile for the employees.

So with my own knowledge of business world and on my passion on writing, I felt to have a inner study of this industry, what is it all about? I have realised when I joined India Forums, that this is actually amazing!

Indeed what do we really get pulled to? What do we really like in a show?
Is it:
A -  The concept of the show 
B - The Sizzling chemistry of on screen of the lead characters
C - The Background Setting
D - Actually a blend of overall critical success factors that range from the good characters portrayal to the background music that fits the concept which prevail so real life themes

Reading past posts, I realised that I was right,this answer differentiates on the age group and taste of the audience but then how really do they want the audience to watch the show? That's another question in itself.

Another question in my mind prevailed, why soap shows attract certain age group of a particular gender to a major extent compared to general overall agegroup without gender discrimination.

To get an answer of this question, I joined some fan pages and saw I was a bit wrong, there are a class of men who like watching shows as well. Well I liked it indeed. Then still how shows differentiate people's taste were still another good observation from my side.

Yet I felt whatever is coming, majority audience actually get pulled to the Ekta Kapoor's production! I was thinking as  I was among them too how did she do it. On webs I read that Ekta Kapoor is described as the queen of indian soap and now she is on the way to conquer bollyworld after having a sort of monopolistic power in the telly world. There are new entrants but the intensity of rivalry that exist in the industry competiveness are actually of low risk to Ekta Kapoor's shows.

Ekta definitely deserves the title of reinventing the whole concept of the telly soap. She hits the market at the moment where the tellyworld industry was expanding and when a show used to play once a week now starts playing five days a week with good channel distribution.
I realised there is definitely a unique charm in Ekta's shows, digging out new fresh talents that turn to be a win win situation on both business terms and viewers terms. Then she started to adopt the selling of dreams what a movie used to do in a different way, in really a masterpiece way, she is going to sell the dream that is her product, giving the flavour of real theme in a passionate love story that make the audience emote the exact way she wants the product to be watched. With a formula of dramatisation that includes a start on either happy feel or thrilling feel then how during the concept grows one faces various emotions and then end on a positive ending. Her characters in her shows are not new but they are innovated. The concept of the show are shown in a different feel with the same theme and yet wonder to watch. Arohi's character and Gauri's character of Kutumb is similar indeed in both season but then the way the concept went is different,while Gauri had to show her strong willed character after wedding while Arohi's story is the journey of love. The character of Arjun and Pratham was also not different in the sense that both of them have a hard nature imagewised but are soft inside,yet shown in a different way, Arjun is depicted as the struggler while Pratham as the playboy! Yet the concept of Kutumb and KMH was both that in love there are sweet moments, a moment of dard and then how love transgress all of this and find the way to win. Ekta's shows adopt the style of happy ending that is really justified as it is reel life.  I agree that the pitfalls of Ekta was when she used to show these concepts that love win by winning death and one humchakar comes back and happy ending. She learned definitely from her mistake. She knows that audience are intelligent viewers and definitely she showed that she learned from her pitfalls with KMH.

Something more what Ekta add flavour too was the music in the show, it was with her show where a lot of background music were playing and a show with songs for themselves and defintely she needs another round of applause here because she has moved with trend of music as well. From the slow music of Kayamath to the nowadays trend of indian rock and bring the flavour of rock sufi version in KMH2 track. That is amazing. The kutumb track do have the music of the 90s and then moved to the awesome KMH1 music,this is definitely an exploit!

What I realised is that new entrants used Ekta's formulae and win also the audience but as i am more of a critic writer,I will give the recognition to Ekta's formula who takes some concept from south american soap operas and adopt it with the right flavour in indian show and culture. It works too. Ekta learned from her lessons for sure and she is witty as well,she knows when to have overdrama,she will do it on the peak of the show where the audience have no choice but to bear it.

KMH1 was truly an award wining show for Ekta,and KMH2 rocks yet it is adopting some old styles, I hope she moves it to the KMH flavour as it is unique.

Presenting the lead characters as the romantic avtar icon and knowing that the lead characters are the core assets, she used the characters depiction indeed in the perfect way.
She adopts new technique like voice modulation,sound proofing that enhances the show but I think some mates are right on the camera position in some of the scenes are actually misleading.

Whatever title Ekta won from the audience's heart, I feel she has definitely revamp telly world.

Edited by Eshu11 - 05 January 2011 at 6:35am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rasika_DSkavyasamshibz.Jane..

Aarohi.. IF-Dazzler
Aarohi..
Aarohi..

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:48am | IP Logged
ekta kapoors shows becum baseless after sumtym but KMH is an exception

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-medz-rasika_DS

kavyasam IF-Rockerz
kavyasam
kavyasam

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 6:52am | IP Logged

res. 

loved it Nisha.
.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:21am | IP Logged
I totally agree with your post! No matter how much we criticise Ekta, we have to admit that end of the day, no matter how 'ghisa pita' her shows get, they're still a treat to watch because of the way she handles everything. At present the only shows I watch are hers: PKYEK and KMH and sometimes, Tere Liye. She presents even the cliches with her own twists and turns. And of course, no one can deny that she's given us the most memorable jodis! Chhoti Bahu has been added to the list but before that, the only two shows which came back on audience demands were hers: Kutumb and KMH. So, ya no matter how much you mock her, you can't deny that even if her shows get pointless after a time, once gone, they are cherished :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kavyasam

-Vrinda- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vrinda-
-Vrinda-

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:30am | IP Logged

Du_Nish Goldie
Du_Nish
Du_Nish

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:49am | IP Logged
@ Aarohi -  I am not denying your point but this is truly in the micro image, I tend to look at it more on a bigger image

@ Neethi right! I really loved HitenGauri as jodi both in reel and real life and the best part was wen I watched KMH i felt the same flavour in KaranKritika and I had a wide smile when they too choose to go towards their onscreen flavour in real life. Yeah even If i dont watch choti bahu and pavitra rishta, again 2 new jodis added to list of reel that turned real and even favourites like Karan Singh Grover, Jennifer Winget, they backed their start with Ekta's production! Well I am not comparing,there are a lot versatile actors in the industry and then also I will agree that not all of them are from Ekta's production. How can we forget Hussain Tina or even Aamir Sanjeeda lolz again from Ekta flavour;-) She is a real entrepreneur and I like admire this on her! She has the entrepreneur flair and knows definitely how to attract both employees and viewers! A good brand in the market and definitely a good relationship with the channel distribution! I feel this is a worth appraisal of the business.

@Kavya thanks! I am coming with anothe general post like this again soon and that I will talk more how the product is manufactured and what we got the end product. I think we must not forget the whole team work and how the macro image of the business!

@Vrinda  - I am happy you have a smile with it too ;-)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kavyasam

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index