Sorry if already posted
Rishta (Zee) & Geet Hui Sabse Parayi (Star One) - if we refer to the TRP charts for the whole year, Pavitra Rishta is on the top position but Star One's Geet Hui Sabse Parayi is also very popular among the youngsters. Though its TRP is less but it is the no. 1 show online. So I m keeping these two shows on my no. 1 position for this year.
First talking about Pavitra Rishta, in the 1st half of the year the show was on its full popularity with Sachin already dead, Manav and Shravani's intending marriage & Manav and Archana's unspoken love for each other. Everybody was waiting for the uniting of their favorite couple as all the misunderstandings were already resolved. But the show had a sudden leap with Manav and Archana on their separate ways which really saddened its fans and affected the show's TRP.
Now talking about Geet, the show premiered on April 10 of this year. This was a story of a small town girl, Geet (played by Drashti Dhanmi) who got married according to her family's wish and then ditched by her husband and then her struggle to keep her child from this marriage. From the day 1, the show has its impact on the audiences and when the male lead of the show, Maan (played by Gurmeet Choudhary) made his entry in to the show, the show become an instant hit in no time. Now Maan- Geet's pair is the most popular onscreen couple of 2010.
2) Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (Star Plus) - This year there were lots of ups and downs in the life of Akshara and Naitik- first Naitik's family's protest regarding Mohit and Nandini's marriage and Akshara being blamed wrong regarding this matter and Akshara and Naitik's separation. But then it is resolved with Mohit and Nandin's marriage and Akshara back to her in-laws house. Then we had Sneha, the third angle in Akshara- Naitik's love story and lots of misunderstandings with her presence in Naitik's life and again everything is resolved in the end.
3) Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya (Star Plus) - the show started in the month of December last year and soon become one of the most popular shows of the Indian Television this year. The show depicts the story of a middle class girl Pratigya (Pooja Gor), who against her wish got married to Karishana (Arhaan Behl) whose family support the patriarchal system where women have no rights to speak and Pratigya stood against all this to keep her individuality. To make this show popular along with the lead pair- Pratigya- Karishana, one more person who had his major share, is Pratigya's father-in law - Sajjan Singh (Anupam Shyam) whose brilliant performance made Sajjan Singh one of the most hated person on small screen.
4) Sasural Genda Phool (Star Plus) / Satha Nibhana Sathiya (Star Plus) - the show started from March 1 of this year. It was a remake of a popular Bengali daily soap named 'Ogo Bodhu Shundori'. And like its Bengali version, Sasural Genda Phool too became a big hit. This is a story of two entirely different personalities- Ishaan and Suhana who got tied in the sacred bond of marriage and how their lives change afterwards, especially for Suhana who has to adjust in an entirely new atmosphere. This heart warming story of family values soon become close to viewers hearts.
Sathiya - the show started in the mid of this year in the 7 pm slot. Soon its protagonist Gopi (Jiaa Manek) with her innocence become every one's favorite. Currently it is on the top position based on TRPs despite being telecasted on 7 pm slot.
5) Sapna Babul Ka….Bidaai (Star Plus) - this year Bidaai started on a saddened note with both the couples separated, Ranbir in Jail, Sadhana accused for this & Ragini's miscarriage and thrown out of Rajvansh's house, Ragini angry with Sadhana. Soon all the misunderstandings were resolved and both the couples were together again but then we had another heart breaker in the form of a leap with Sadhana and Ranbir already dead. This didn't work well for the serial and soon the serial went off air and it was really very heartbreaking for all its fans who still miss Sadhana- Alekh and Ragini- Ranbir.
6) Balika Vadhu (Colors) / Uttaran (Colors) - this year in Balika Vadhu finally the youngest couple i.e. Avika Gor and Avinash Mukherjee bid adieu as they were being replaced by Pratyusha Bannerjee and Shashank Vyas respectively as the grown up Anandi and Jagdish. With this the viewers got to see some chemistry between the main leads, though they still miss the younger Anandi and Jagdish and their cute bickering.
Like last year, this year too Uttaran had lots of twists- Ichha getting married to Vansh, then Tapsaya instigating Vansh against Ichha and Veer and then making him to commit suicide, then Ichha's life as a widow, Tapasaya thrown out of her sasural after revelation of all the truth, Ichha and Veer's marriage and comeback of Tapasaya in to their lives. All this was enough to keep its loyal viewers stick to the show.
7) Laagi Tujhse Lagan (Colors) / Na Aana Is Desh Lado (Colors) - talking about Laagi Tujhse Lagan, this story of an extremely beautiful girl Nakusha, who is disguised ugly by her mother in order to keep her from the evil eyes of society. Then the underworld don Datta Bhau enters in her life and ultimately they got married, but still this pair had lots of hurdles in their way to actually come close to each other. There are many fans of the serials that are really rooting for Datta- Nakusha's love story.
In Na Aana Is Desh Lado, lots of things happened this year, Raghav (Aditya Redij) finally feeling guilty for his acts towards Sia (Natasha Sharma) and Raghav and Sia's union, Ammaji's daughter- Amba's (Shikha Singh) entry in the show etc. Recently the show had major revamp in the form of a leap of 18 years with Raghav and Sia dead and story's focus on their daughters- Diya (Simran Kaur) and Jhanvi (Vaishanvi Dhanraj) with Ammaji (Meghna Mallik) still very much part of the show. Let's see how the show will perform next year.
8) Tere Liye (Star Plus) / Chand Chupa Badal Mein (Star Plus) - this year Ekta Kapoor came up with a love story at 10 pm slot on Star plus- Tere Liye. Soon Anuraag and Taani's love tale has its charm on the viewers and the pair got famous even when anuraag and taani were young i.e. when Prachi Deshmukh and Devarsh Thakkar played the younger Taani and Anuraag respectively. Then Taani – Anuraag were grown up and Harshad Chopra and Anupriya Kapoor entered the show, and they too became instantly popular.
Chand Chupa Badal Mein was Rajan Shahi's 3rd venture on Star Plus after Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. Initially the show didn't get too much attention but soon it started attracting more and more audiences and with Kinshuk Mahajan's entry in the show the show's TRP got an immediate boost.
9) Miley Jab Hum Tum (Star One)/ Dil Mil Gaye (Star One) - sad!! This year Star One's both these Youth oriented shows went off air. Both the shows tried a revamp in the storyline with a leap and the introduction of the new faces in the shows, but in vain. The biggest mistake was breaking the Armaan- Ridhima pair in Dil Mil Gaye and Nupur shown dead in Miley Jab Hum Tum. Soon the makers realize their mistakes and they tried to rectify them.
10) Rishta.com (Sony) / Mahi Way (Sony) - My top 10 will be incomplete if I will not include these shows in my list. Though talking about TRPs these shows lag behind very much, but who cares. These shows have their own fan following. Mahi Way charmed the viewers with its unique storyline- a love story of a chubby girl who finally gets her prince charming but then she realizes that she wants to enjoy her life the way it was before, so she escapes from the wedding and finally enjoys her meal at Wimpy's.
In Rishta.com the main delight was seeing the two contrasting individuals Rohan and Isha trying to match a fresh case in every episode. They both had different opinions regarding various matters but still shares a brilliant chemistry in work and are very close to each other though they call it as friendship. Their constant bickering and Rohan's teasing to Isha was an icing to the cake.