Rang Badalti Odhani

Suraj-Shaan...Oops..Sunny too!

tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Friends,
This is actually for everyone in the forum but I specifically wanted to get the attention to those who have joined the forum recently and/or started watching RBO recently.

I was looking for scenes with Suraj, just to get a sense of what it was like when he was around. I never saw any Khanak-Suraj scenes before....

This scene below, ShaNak scene no.17, brings the whole Shaan-Suraj story into focus... and why Mr. Sunny (along with Mr.Shaan and Mr.Suraj) could be very important for RBO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kOD-Ld9YKU

Khanak says she can never forget Suraj. My guess is, she never will. Not easy to forget first love, however brief or immature it was.... time has come for her and for Shaan to confront this issue... Shaan seems a bit unrepentant here that a man died because of his carelessness!

But worry not, doston, because Suraj is dead, and Sunny is only a look-alike, nothing will happen to ShaNak relationship.

Haan, agar it was Natasha re-enteing the show, tho, baat kuch aur hoti!!!

Anyway, those who have not seen ShaNak scenes before, share your views on what you think of this scene.

Edited by tvrasika - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Dilwale. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

arey gaayu! that's right! you haven't seen the khanak suraj scenes. chal, let me give everyone a summary of their relationship.

it was clear from the very first promo that sooraj would die and the lead couple were to be shaan and khanak, so there was never really any chance of seriously thinking about the khanak suraj relationship. i was in love with shanak from the very first episode, before they'd even met!๐Ÿ˜†

anyways, now that i think about it, sooraj/khanak love was sweet yaar. harpreet is a cute guy and his character sooraj had a very genuine and calming presence around him. he gave out a positive vibe. he was very likable.

their love was kinda cute. however, in that relationship, sooraj was the mature one and khanak was the one who was pampered by him. shanak's marriage is just the opposite.

i remember there was a scene in the 3rd or 4th episode. it was a day before suraj/khanak wedding and khanak's mom had forbidden her to leave the house as she was a soon to be bride. gopi came to meet khanak and agreed that bai was in fact right, that khanak sooraj should not meet before their marriage the next day. khanak went like;

"aisa lagan tu mujhey karna hi nahi hai, jis mein ek bhi din ki doori ho."

and she donned gopi's odhani and went to meet sooraj anyway!๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by zennnn - 13 years ago
priya_cool_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
and there was also a scene right after the title song gets over... where shaan blows the candle on one side while khanak s diya which she s holding goes off..... suraj sees that but before khanak opens her eyes... he lights it again...... filmy though... but my heart went out to this guy.. knowing that the suraj wud die soon......

he was shown as a very responsible guy... right after his marriage.. he goes to the factory.. also his brother mangal taunting him for money......

i know it was shanak s story....but i liked his charactre and infact wanted it to get extended..... sigh.... but he s coming now ..... hope they sketch his character well....
.Dilwale. thumbnail

@priya

yeah! that was really sweet too. he seemed to protect khanak and her tender feelings like a child's. that's another contrast in their's and shanak's relationship. this sunny track has potential. just hope the CVs use it to the show's full advantage๐Ÿค”

priya_cool_123 thumbnail
oh i cant believe i am going gaga over suraj s entry.......i liked him a lot really...

i hope the cv s bring out the conflict of emotions in shanak well with good sensibilities......

4 guys who havent seen suraj s part... pls do see.....
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks Priya and Zennn. Your comments helped me understand Suraj too...

Am really looking forward to Sunny's entry.
.Dilwale. thumbnail

@priya

i don't know how much i'll like sunny but i agree that sooraj was a very likable character.

@gaayu

anything for you love! gaayu, i really think you should watch the first few episodes of RBO. they were very well done. some really great shanak scenes in there too.

priya_cool_123 thumbnail
@zenn... even i was tring to tell that only.....sunny s chracter need s to be sketched well.. but doubt that cos he s an emergency entry...... but atleast they should explore shanak s relationships based on suraj rather than sunny s
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Suraj was my fav ... i loved him a lot , he was matured, responsible, romantic and there was fun side of him too ,

Hmm first love. man how  i  love to go on and on , on this topic ๐Ÿ˜†.... for some first love is real and for some infatuation, craze , etc ........ it could be sensible and mature or like gaayu said could be immature and brief ......

One thing i will disagree with is , its not hard to forget first love.......some want to rem  it even after finding real and true love as they tend to compare and some want to forget and move on ...........

coming to khanak , well not a must that she should rem suraj after seeing sunny and start drifting btw present and past.... she wants to lead  a comfortable .,normal life better not to compare how sunny look close to suraj ................
Edited by JustJ - 13 years ago
.Dilwale. thumbnail

@just j

jaya di! is that you?