Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

10 films worth waiting for in 2011

theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:37am | IP Logged

No One Killed Jessica

Details:
Starring Rani Mukerji, Vidya Balan; Directed by Rajkumar Gupta.

USP: A hard-hitting real-life expose on a high-profile murder done with style and swagger (the expose, not the murder), the film's director earlier helmed the well-received Aamir.

Downers: Two ladies no matter how talented and no matter how dramatic, the context of the gender-domination still add up to a chick flick. And these seldom do well in our country

Dhobi Ghat

Details: Starring Aamir Khan, Prateik; Directed by Kiran Rao

USP: An Aamir Khan production. Need we say any more? This one is extra-special because Mrs Aamir Khan has directed it and because Aamir plays a stellar role in it. He won't be seen in any film for at least one year now. Go for it.

Downers: The trailers look strained and pretentious. They are cut in a very European way. Even the music is resonant of European influences. Also, episodic films don't do well in India.

Patiala House

Details: Starring Akshay Kumar, Rishi Kapoor, Dimple Kapadia, Anushka Sharma; Directed by Nikhil Advani

USP: A cross-generation saga of a Punjabi family in UK, Patiala House features Akshay in a rare non-comic role. It also brings together the Bobby pair - Rishi and Dimple. Cricket and international cricketers form a part of the backdrop. Lagaan used the same formula to great success. Films with a Sikh backdrop Singh Is Kinng and Love Aaj Kal have succeeded.

Downers: Nikhil Advani and Akshay Kumar delivered a super-dud called Chandni Chowk To China in the past.

Saat Khoon Maaf

Details:
Starring Priyanka Chopra, Naseeruddin Shah, Irrfan Khan, John Abraham, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Anu Kapoor, Aleksandr Dyachenko; Directed by Vishal Bhardwaj

USP: Quite incontestably, Priyanka Chopra is the most complete actress today. To watch her play a woman who murders seven husbands (none of whom look like Gerard Butler) would be a fascinating experience. Director Bhardwaj has a proven track record with and without Priyanka in the lead.

Downers: Again a woman's picture and therefore ranks under 'Endangered Species'. Also the concept of a woman marrying 7 times is bizarre

Mausam

Details:
Starring Shahid Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor; Directed by Pankaj Kapoor

USP: Pankaj Kapoor's directorial debut is an intense love story. Shahid-Sonam pair never seen before. The film has been shot lavishly in different parts of the world.

Downer: Do we really want to see Shahid with Sonam?

Rock Star

Details: Starring Ranbir Kapoor, Nargis Fakhri; Directed by Imtiaz Ali

USP: Ranbir Kapoor is always an exciting actor to watch. To watch him play a rock performer jiving to A R Rahman's songs is a tempting idea. Ranbir says Imtiaz is the best director he has worked with. We can take his word for it

Downers: Films about musicians and music don't always work. For every Rock On there's London Dreams

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Details: Starring Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar, Katrina Kaif, Abhay Deol, Kalki Koechlin; Directed by Zoya Akhtar

USP: Great Spanish locations, zany road movie with the never-tried pair of Hrithik and Katrina. What more do we need? Except the guarantee that Zoya is up to the task

Downers: Does anyone remember Zoya's first film Luck By Chance, by any chance? And Farhan's Karthik Calling Karthik? And Hrithik's two box-office thuds Kites and Guzaarish?

Ra.One

Details: Starring Shah Rukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Arjun Rampal; Directed by Anubhav Sinha

USP: SRK's home production, said to be the most expensive special-effects film in Hindi. SRK playing a super-hero is always a pleasant if not a jolting thought.

Downer: We've already seen all the hi-tech stuff in Shankar's Robot. And can Anubhav Sinha's whose earlier credits include Tum Bin, Dus and Luck, handle it?

Don 2

Details: Starring Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta; Directed by Farhan Akhtar

USP: Don ko pakadna mushqil hi nahin naa-mumkin hai. It will be fun watching Farhan Akhtar's efforts to pin the original story down to a sequel

Downer: Frankly, the first part of Don was not a great motion picture achievement.

Dum Maaro Dum

Details:
Starring Abhishek Bachchan, Prateik, Bipasha Basu, Rana Daggubatti

USP: Said to be a stylized, docu-drama on the drug racket in Goa with slick action, Abhishek's no-nonsense cop act encores his Dad's Zanjeer style of score settlement

Downer: Rohan Sippy's track record isn't impressive enough to make us hold our breath

For me i replace Abhi film with Salman bodyguard to mke it better but in general good list

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4everNuktaacheen-Sakina-RagMastasafeplacetolandnikita_88

Shreyacool Goldie
Shreyacool
Shreyacool

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 6:29am | IP Logged
I m waiting for no one killed jessica, Saat khoon maaf, dhobi ghat & mausamTongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

scinerd

chatpati900 Senior Member
chatpati900
chatpati900

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Chick flicks seldom do well in our industry? Seriously? ALL we have are chick flicks! In fact, NOKJ is one of the few films that doesn't sound like a chick flick.

Edited by chatpati900 - 05 January 2011 at 10:17am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

scinerdkoolchickruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatpati900

Chick flicks seldom do well in our industry? Seriously? ALL we have are chick flicks! In fact, NOKJ is one of the few films that doesn't sound like a chick flick.

Yh I agree, I'm a girl myself get bored of chick flicks now Sleepy

Abbyviv

RagMasta IF-Sizzlerz
RagMasta
RagMasta

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
All look awsome, but insanley waitiing for Saat Khoon Maaf!

And i dont agree for the down for that movie, how saying how she married 7 times bizzare, bc thats the aspect that makes the movie standout and Priyanka is a psycho in the movie, so that is def an up!

ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
DarrrrrlingBig smile SKM can't wait!!!!!!!!!

RagMasta

jonnybgood Goldie
jonnybgood
jonnybgood

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
dhobi ghat looks good
Don 2 not going to bother watching it, first one was major Trash
RA one is copy of Tron not worth watching
Abbyviv Goldie
Abbyviv
Abbyviv

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Since I havent watched Tron I think I'll enjoy Ra.one.. :)

SKM... and plus Salman Khan releases 

Go to top