Uploading your creations - IMPORTANT

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi everyone,

You must have noticed since yesterday that many signatures and avatars that people have uploaded in tinypic.com have been removed/deleted by that website. 

A member of our forum, Sallufanno1, has contacted Tinypic.com to find out why. You can check the thread below for answers:

Whether this is a temporary or a permanent thing, we don't know. But my suggestion is for people to take precautions with their work so as not to be disappointed if we lose them again. 

There are other websites we can use to upload our creations, such as www.imageshack.com, www.photobucket.com and www.imgur.com. (If anyone knows of any others please do let us know). Please use these alternative sites as much as possible to ensure the safety of your creations. I understand that when people regularly create sigs you cannot save them all on your computers due to lack of space; Photobucket is a great site for storing all your creations, and it is free and easy to set an account up. However, please note that Photobucket does have a bandwidth issue; when too many people use the sig hosted on PB, it sometimes can cause a server overload. So upload them there for safekeeping, but do remind people to download and reupload the sigs elsewhere when they want to use them. 

If you are already using/or want to use a sig created by someone else, please do download them and save them somewhere (with the creator's permission) so that you can reupload them on an alternative site. Remember that this is not an excuse to take credit for their work. 

I imagine that many people who have used tinypic in their galleries (I was one too) may find that those links are no longer working. If you have them saved elsewhere, please reupload them. 

I don't know how long this will last with tinypic - the sigs I am using currently are all uploaded on tinypic and they are, for the time being, visible. So feel free to use it still if you need. However, do please make alternative arrangements as well because we don't want our members to lose their hard work because of a third-party technical problem. 

Regards
AS Dev Team

*EDITED*
SUGGESTED SITES
Imageshack.us 
Imgur.com
Photobucket.com (use with caution as this is affiliated with tinypic)
Min.us
Flickr
Picasa
Edited by psawyer - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for this buddy, and guyz, its better be careful while you upload ur files on any server !! so, that we just dun the ones we have....!!!
 n more thin' all the Banner Contest Votings have to be done all over again cos of this fault, cos most of the banners are not there !!😕
Edited by starry.phoenix - 13 years ago
psawyer thumbnail
^Well, not really, because most of the voting had been done before this, and only since yesterday 2 of the banners were not visible. 

HOWEVER, if everyone does want us to do the banner voting, then please let me know and in the interests of fairness, I guess we will re-do it. 
.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: psawyer

^Well, not really, because most of the voting had been done before this, and only since yesterday 2 of the banners were not visible. 

HOWEVER, if everyone does want us to do the banner voting, then please let me know and in the interests of fairness, I guess we will re-do it. 

na na..m not talkin' about this forum particularly !! m talkin' about SBS & HP forum😳
psawyer thumbnail
^Okay, but I've set up a poll anyway. Might as well check what people want to do. 
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
I have just got this new site. Incase, imageshack doesnt work.

aishhh. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Can't believe where this policy suddenly came from when people have been doing this for years. And why is a "forum code" provided anyway?

Vasu, can I ask you to take Photobucket out of there as well? Photobucket is a part of Tinypic, and frankly not of much use either.

Imagehost is great for avis and big files (; And as for most other stuff, then Imageshack is good, as you mentioned above, and is working fine.

Thanks so much for the topic!
Thank you for the topic, Vasu!!
Am so glad I have all my sigs saved in my comp, so I'll re upload on them :)

x x
mariasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks For Thread Vasu!!!
-Moni- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Tinypic is re-allocating the urls to other pics...some of the previously deleted pic r now replaced with new pics...one of my old sigs was replaced by a pic of a puppy😆...it's better to re-upload everything to a new site...good knows what pic we might land up with in our siggy box n our galleries