Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Memories - what do you do with them? (Page 8)

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I loved my school, even though I had times when I absolutely hated everything about it. Even the building was so old and then they decided to renew it after I left!

It seems like my mum had so much more fun at school than I did. Mass bunking to go and watch a film? Oh man, that sounded like so much fun! Try bunking here and the school would immediately pick up the phone once they've checked the register and call your parents. :(

haha, we do a mass bunk in the college whenever the HOD tries to give a general lecture LOL Actually I will miss college - crazy but sweet masters, funny people, friendly classmates, and I sit next to a guy whos dad is a stock broker, so we usually talk about stocks during class. Walking to the auto stand and catchin an auto etc.. College life is cool. Clown

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psychoboblehead

CBSE students have an option to take up 10th standard board exams now or never. The present generation gets more perks, honestly speaking. 

the boards exams have been completely done away with for the 10th unless someone wants to change schools after it. but the new CCE system is pure bullshit and only increases the burden more. the current generation has more perks but they have been calculated in such a way that it's a no-win situation in any case. the cut-throat competition doesn't make things easier. the first cut off list goes upto 98% - are you freakin kidding me? Angry
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

Ninety eight percent is crazy! India needs more world class institutions if its going to cope with that huge population. Competition is ruining the education system.

tell me about it! it's damn crazy. Confused unfortunately things are just getting worse and so is our education system. Stern Smile
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Any memory that you always cherish or a face or event you can never forget and keep playing in your mind or keep dreaming of ?

Absolutely, but I never try to lose that memory. If its a good one, I cherish it. If its a bad one, I use it to realize how much better off I am now as opposed to the past. Memories mean the world to me - the strong memories are fresh in my mind and I think they'll always stay that way. I can still taste my tears from some of them or hear the sounds of laughter from others.

Baatein bhool jaati hain, yaadein yaad aati hain
Yeh yaadein kisi dil-o-janam ke ... chale jaane ke baad aati hain

Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 06 January 2011 at 5:28pm
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

What last longer? good or bad memories?

Both - strong emotions, whether good or bad, can last a whole lifetime, I think.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

</div>
Any memory that you always cherish or a face or event you can never forget and keep playing in your mind or keep dreaming of ?

Absolutely, but I never try to lose that memory. If its a good one, I cherish it. If its a bad one, I use it to realize how much better off I am now as opposed to the past. Memories mean the world to me - the strong memories are fresh in my mind and I think they'll always stay that way. I can still taste my tears from some of them or hear the sounds of laughter from others.

<div>

Very well said Sis Anju. I think most of us are sentimental about certain things, could be friends, family, occasion, event, etc The time when Kingji wanted to leave the forum was a pretty sad time for all of us as Kingji has been quite a central unifying force. Time has lapsed but the moment gone is still alive in me. Khaty Bhai's shayari still lives on n occasionally Antar Bhai gives a peek. ROA has fallen in love and moved on too. Cloddy Bhai has become a magician under Mindbender. Inshallah may all be well with everyone.
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:22am | IP Logged

Very well said Sis Anju. I think most of us are sentimental about certain things, could be friends, family, occasion, event, etc The time when Kingji wanted to leave the forum was a pretty sad time for all of us as Kingji has been quite a central unifying force. Time has lapsed but the moment gone is still alive in me. Khaty Bhai's shayari still lives on n occasionally Antar Bhai gives a peek. ROA has fallen in love and moved on too. Cloddy Bhai has become a magician under Mindbender. Inshallah may all be well with everyone.

No Summer ji, you misunderstood me - memories from life are the ones worth treasuring. Silly forum antics don't mean anything to me.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:31am | IP Logged

No Summer ji, you misunderstood me - memories from life are the ones worth treasuring. Silly forum antics don't mean anything to me.
<div></div>

Ah quite true but then even life itself is also a dream, except slightly more stable. The Almighty is the only reality and the universe is not separate from us. Still in creation we have to follow certain rules, as we still cannot experience the Oneness fully. But I believe in time everyone will.

Go to top