Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Memories - what do you do with them? (Page 7)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:17am | IP Logged

I find it weird that so many people find it memorable to be out of school. For me some of the most memorable days in my life were school days. In fact if given a chance I'd like to relive 8th standard through 12th standard, including the lovely SSC and HSC exams. Those really were the best days of my life. I think I made some of my best friends, and most cherished memories during that period.

SSC exam was most memorable. In the one month study break I conquered Duke Nukem 3D. I don't think I have conquered any game since then.

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I find it weird that so many people find it memorable to be out of school. For me some of the most memorable days in my life were school days. In fact if given a chance I'd like to relive 8th standard through 12th standard, including the lovely SSC and HSC exams. Those really were the best days of my life. I think I made some of my best friends, and most cherished memories during that period.

SSC exam was most memorable. In the one month study break I conquered Duke Nukem 3D. I don't think I have conquered any game since then.

if you grew up in the 80's then school would be nice.70's and 80's, yeah. holidays for test matches, everyone happy and uncompettitive,etc. Even my mum loved her school and college. It really is a pressure cooker these days, like Aamir Khan keeps saying LOL

Edited by old-black-joe - 06 January 2011 at 9:21am
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:26am | IP Logged
"

"

you could have, though. The games are so much easier these days. I have to play wwe on legend mode, just to get some sort of compettition. Even hard mode is kinda simple if you reverse properly. I remember even in 2005 easy mode would be deathly tough. I dreaded to find out what ahrd mode was. :(
crazybobblehead Senior Member

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:37am | IP Logged

Joe, I also went to school during a pressure cooker area. The board exams suicides were common in my time too. But I know it's gotten worse over time. Maybe I would not enjoy it as much today. Although I have three things to thank for making school memorable

-          Parents who did not pressure me, but let me do things at my pace

-          An excellent school with great teachers who taught well. There were some horrible ones, but overall I think I had good teachers

-          My hockey team and classmates. I made some really great friends then.

crazybobblehead Senior Member

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:38am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Joe, I also went to school during a pressure cooker area. The board exams suicides were common in my time too. But I know it's gotten worse over time. Maybe I would not enjoy it as much today. Although I have three things to thank for making school memorable

-          Parents who did not pressure me, but let me do things at my pace

-          An excellent school with great teachers who taught well. There were some horrible ones, but overall I think I had good teachers

-          My hockey team and classmates. I made some really great friends then.

- Parents were never too pressuring, and got even less pressuring later on.

- Overrated crap school with irritating foolish teachers and students. How I hated that school.

It has gotten worse. Like the price of gold, pressure on a person to do better increases in correlation with the rising population.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:51am | IP Logged
I loved my school, even though I had times when I absolutely hated everything about it. Even the building was so old and then they decided to refurbish it after I left!

It seems like my mum had so much more fun at school than I did. Mass bunking to go and watch a film? Oh man, that sounded like so much fun! Try bunking here and the school would immediately pick up the phone once they've checked the register and call your parents. :(

Edited by hindu4lyf - 06 January 2011 at 12:13pm

Go to top