Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Memories - what do you do with them? (Page 5)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Memories are funny things! I sometimes go through an event or meet a person not even thinking I will remember it or them, but then I will all of a sudden remember that time or person.

Also, sometimes I really want to forget a person, but then I cannot. I always remember them! Even still off and on. Don't know why.

Memories are good to some degree, but they can be dangerous too. Sometimes we get so caught up with our memories we forget to live in the present. One time I saw this lady who did not forget anything. She had trouble in school because she could not memorize information, but she remember people, events, and really small details. At first i thought it was cool, but then i saw how dangerous it was. She could not even forgive a person fully because the event would play back in her mind like it was still happening. That's scary.

Memories are important for learning and growing, and it's good we have access to this knowledge and the ability to retain such knowledge.

If not for the consciousness that advises and consoles us we can go crazy and turn suicidal with an uncontrolled mind. I guess extreme love or extreme hatred/addiction makes us fly over the cuckoo's nest and go nutty. Photos, souvenirs, letters, memorabilia etc helps us remember.
But the ability to forgive and forget is also a wonderful thing.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
I think persons who are generally straight and honest tend to remember better cause the mind needs to focus rather than hop around all over.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Memories are funny things! I sometimes go through an event or meet a person not even thinking I will remember it or them, but then I will all of a sudden remember that time or person.

Also, sometimes I really want to forget a person, but then I cannot. I always remember them! Even still off and on. Don't know why.

Memories are good to some degree, but they can be dangerous too. Sometimes we get so caught up with our memories we forget to live in the present. One time I saw this lady who did not forget anything. She had trouble in school because she could not memorize information, but she remember people, events, and really small details. At first i thought it was cool, but then i saw how dangerous it was. She could not even forgive a person fully because the event would play back in her mind like it was still happening. That's scary.

Memories are important for learning and growing, and it's good we have access to this knowledge and the ability to retain such knowledge.

If not for the consciousness that advises and consoles us we can go crazy and turn suicidal with an uncontrolled mind. I guess extreme love or extreme hatred/addiction makes us fly over the cuckoo's nest and go nutty. Photos, souvenirs, letters, memorabilia etc helps us remember.
But the ability to forgive and forget is also a wonderful thing.

That why memories can be scary too. When people will not get past an event like a betray to the point they make themselves insane or cause harm out of rage to that person.

But, my memories are simplistic at this point in my life. Nothing that I really wish to forget, and I not one to hold grudges because I get angry at the moment and move on. There are some things I will sometimes remember and lament on, but I get over it too. 
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:56pm | IP Logged

I think persons who are generally straight and honest tend to remember better cause the mind needs to focus rather than hop around all over.

this might be true...i don't know
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:22pm | IP Logged

Ah I am only guessing. some people remember by association too.

Gayatri Mantra too should sharpen our intellect.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 9:50pm | IP Logged

Ah I am only guessing. some people remember by association too.

Gayatri Mantra too should sharpen our intellect.

oh okay LOL i don't know about either
crazybobblehead Senior Member

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psychoboblehead

Originally posted by crazy_sunny

What last longer? good or bad memories?

What would you like to recollect often - a girl's kiss or a kick ? LOL

LOLLOLGood one!

Go to top