Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Memories - what do you do with them? (Page 4)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by return_to_hades

How do you ride in the boot of a car? Confused

Maruti 800 is a hatch-back.  People often put couple of stools there too when too many are riding the car. 

Xobile, you guys are lucky you did not get into any car-accidents while you riding in the boot!

Hmmm, I never knew about that. My focus was a hatch-back - so I tried figuring the logistics and I could not. Looks like this must be one of those awesome desi things.

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:52am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

for me- when I left school LOL

I think I'll cherish that one forever too LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.ass

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:05pm | IP Logged

Maruti 800 is a hatch-back.  People often put couple of stools there too when too many are riding the car. 

Xobile, you guys are lucky you did not get into any car-accidents while you riding in the boot!

Yeah, Maruti 800 is a hatchback like this one:

Ha yeah but late at night there was little traffic on Delhi highways a decade ago. Day Dreaming

Edited by xobile - 05 January 2011 at 12:05pm
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged

Hmmm, I never knew about that. My focus was a hatch-back - so I tried figuring the logistics and I could not. Looks like this must be one of those awesome desi things.

He said he was a child back then.  A child can lie down comfortably in that boot.  I am hoping his mom put some blankets on the car floor to make it comfy for him.

Yeah I was little then so I could get in the boot easily. And it was really comfortable - I would rip the plastic of the seats where my parents couldn't see. LOL

I don't remember any blankets Ouch
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Any memory that you always cherish or a face or event you can never forget and keep playing in your mind or keep dreaming of ?

Memories are funny things! I sometimes go through an event or meet a person not even thinking I will remember it or them, but then I will all of a sudden remember that time or person. 

Also, sometimes I really want to forget a person, but then I cannot. I always remember them! Even still off and on. Don't know why.

Memories are good to some degree, but they can be dangerous too. Sometimes we get so caught up with our memories we forget to live in the present. One time I saw this lady who did not forget anything. She had trouble in school because she could not memorize information, but she remember people, events, and really small details. At first i thought it was cool, but then i saw how dangerous it was. She could not even forgive a person fully because the event would play back in her mind like it was still happening. That's scary.

Memories are important for learning and growing, and it's good we have access to this knowledge and the ability to retain such knowledge.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 3:49pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by crazy_sunny

What last longer? good or bad memories?

I remember the 'good' memories quite well whereas I tend to only remember the effect the bad memories left on me. 

I have a lot of memories from childhood, school, uni etc but if I was asked to choose one in particular that meant a lot to me or one that really stood out and I'll never forget for the rest of my life, then I wouldn't be able to.

I guess to me it's those little things that make such a difference in my life. Let's see if that changes in the next 10 years or so.

I have a lot of good and bad memories. I think I remember anything that makes an impression good or bad. Luckily good memories far outweigh the bad ones. I don't think it is because they last longer. In general life is much more good than bad. We just spend too much time crying about the bad stuff. If it really was more bad than good, we would all be miserable perpetually.

I have great memories from all parts of life. But every year some memories fade away in a blur and I don't even remember what I forgot unless someone asks me "Do you remember?" . I have a theory that my brain size is finite and every year as I make more memories old memories get blurred away. I'm sure my brain has a data rewriting and reallocation system, but I have not figured it yet.

It sucks that I don't remember much of my childhood. The first 10 years of my life have sort of become a blur.OuchI remember random things every now and then when brought up like all 10 cousins fitting in to an auto in JaipurLOL(Ricks in Rajasthan are a little bigger than the ones we get in Mumbai) I also remember misbehaving in playgroup and winning school competitions but I've forgotten a lot of other stuff. :(

I don't think I've had any major events like the ones Gauri listed and any thing that was considered major to me was when I was above the age of 10. So I remember travelling on a plane on my own for the very first time when I was 11 and I met some awesome people that I'm still in contact with 7 years later. Then there's my first day at secondary school..I still remember feeling so lost and scared of my head teacher. The woman was so damn scary.

@Xo: LOL luckily I don't have that many embarrassing stories to share. There is one, but you know how people always say 'omg it's too embarrassing to say'? Well, my story really is too embarrassing to tell anyone even though I was quite young when it happened and I shouldn't be ashamed any more.

Edited by hindu4lyf - 05 January 2011 at 3:52pm
Angel-likeDevil IF-Sizzlerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
I never really had an answer to this question.

Memories are important to me. At the same time, they can make your life a living hell sometimes, good memories too..

Originally posted by Summer3

Any memory that you always cherish or a face or event you can never forget and keep playing in your mind or keep dreaming of ?

Yes, there are quite a few memories that I always rewind and play in my mind.

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 05 January 2011 at 5:36pm

Go to top