Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Memories - what do you do with them? (Page 3)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

What last longer? good or bad memories?

I remember the 'good' memories quite well whereas I tend to only remember the effect the bad memories left on me. 

I have a lot of memories from childhood, school, uni etc but if I was asked to choose one in particular that meant a lot to me or one that really stood out and I'll never forget for the rest of my life, then I wouldn't be able to.

I guess to me it's those little things that make such a difference in my life. Let's see if that changes in the next 10 years or so.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I remember the 'good' memories quite well whereas I tend to only remember the effect the bad memories left on me. 

I have a lot of memories from childhood, school, uni etc but if I was asked to choose one in particular that meant a lot to me or one that really stood out and I'll never forget for the rest of my life, then I wouldn't be able to.

I guess to me it's those little things that make such a difference in my life. Let's see if that changes in the next 10 years or so.
Yes good memories are a wonderful thing.
Sometimes if I think very deeply I tend to forget everything around me and get completely absorbed in the memory which then becomes real.
Living and life is an experience in the mind I guess. Emotions add colours.

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged

I think I have a poor visual memory. Sounds, smells and feelings are stronger triggers of recollection for me.

One childhood memory that excites me and makes me a kid again is the drive back from a party with parents. My dad would drive, my mum would nag him and I would climb into the boot of our Maruti 800 and lie watching the streetlights woosh over us.

Now I'm too big and old to do that. :(

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qazplmSummer3

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:24am | IP Logged

I have a lot of good and bad memories. I think I remember anything that makes an impression good or bad. Luckily good memories far outweigh the bad ones. I don't think it is because they last longer. In general life is much more good than bad. We just spend too much time crying about the bad stuff. If it really was more bad than good, we would all be miserable perpetually.

I have great memories from all parts of life. But every year some memories fade away in a blur and I don't even remember what I forgot unless someone asks me "Do you remember?" . I have a theory that my brain size is finite and every year as I make more memories old memories get blurred away. I'm sure my brain has a data rewriting and reallocation system, but I have not figured it yet.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:33am | IP Logged

I remember the 'good' memories quite well whereas I tend to only remember the effect the bad memories left on me. My worst memories are the innumerable embarassing things I've done.

I have a lot of memories from childhood, school, uni etc but if I was asked to choose one in particular that meant a lot to me or one that really stood out and I'll never forget for the rest of my life, then  I thought you would reveal a watershed moment of your life here

I wouldn't be able to Oh Ouch

Edited by xobile - 05 January 2011 at 11:34am
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

I think I have a poor visual memory. Sounds, smells and feelings are stronger triggers of recollection for me.

One childhood memory that excites me and makes me a kid again is the drive back from a party with parents. My dad would drive, my mum would nag him and I would climb into the boot of our Maruti 800 and lie watching the streetlights woosh over us.

Now I'm too big and old to do that. :(

How do you ride in the boot of a car? Confused

Anyway, I know I still fit into the boot of a Ford Focus. A few years ago we were playing hide and seek in the house. My friend and I hid in the boot of my focus. The others never found us. We hid there for two hours. But then we got sweaty and decided to go back in. We discovered the others had quit looking for us and sat down to watch TV. Now thats a memory I will never forget, two people crammed in the boot of a car.

Car memories remind me of being a kid in school. All the school camping trips and school bus day trips. I have vivid memories of all those and all the masti we did, and all the besura singing we did and the thought of passers by enduring our besura singing. I also have fond memories of BEST buses from college. I had to be careful when I skipped class because one of my teachers rode my bus. If we traveled in a group we would sit at the very back and wait for all the khaddas to bounce, Mumbai shehar ka roller coaster we called it. Most awkward is when you end up taking a nap with a stranger on a BEST bus. Hopefully the stranger is a cute fellow and not some pervy uncle. I love road trips so I have many road/travel memories.

Although my worst/best memorable car moment is that once I kissed the window and said it was warm. LOL  My best nap memory is at the back of a Dane county courtroom. I was at my sister's mock trial and after having seen the same case all morning it got boring so I fell asleep at the back during an afternoon trial. Great nap. It is very toasty in a courtroom even in the middle of February.
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:48am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top