Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Memories - what do you do with them? (Page 16)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
The mind these days have to match the iphone.
So mentally I click a lot of the people I knew and many are gone now. They rest in my mental archives which I pull out occassionally and review them. As you keep staring they become so real.

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 12:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 1:26am | IP Logged

We feed the memory system and the mind keeps the memory...Memory can function only abt those things which are known to us bt life consists of the known, of the unknown.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 6:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

"its human nature to forget bad things and remember good... the reason we keep bad memories is out of curiosity of the consequences... we are programmed to be forgetful of unpleasant things in life!!!"

It's the opposite that happens to me! I don't seem to remember the good ones as much as I do the bad ones! That[s why I want to get rid of my memories!
Memories are locked somewhere in the brains and often when there is a stroke some of the memories are lost; after a while if the nerves slowly get "rewired" the memories may come back again.

The physical brain must also be represented by a "subtle" brain located in the astral body or our subtle body. So some of these could be pretty well lodged in our minds.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

We feed the memory system and the mind keeps the memory...Memory can function only abt those things which are known to us bt life consists of the known, of the unknown.

Well an advanced mind is able to cognise the future too.
Developed minds can also control other minds.

Mind can be the God as well as the Devil in us.
MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
If the Memories are good ones, cherish them forever. If they are bad ones, learn something from them. But more than learning from those, I guess I try to discard them :D
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 22 February 2011 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ashrozia

If the Memories are good ones, cherish them forever. If they are bad ones, learn something from them. But more than learning from those, I guess I try to discard them :D
Yes as they say we should not lose the lesson.LOL
In life we stumble and fall many times but we must never stop walking.
Pleasant memories can also be brought about when we listen to some nice songs.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixX

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 23 February 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Our memories and thoughts play a significant role in shaping our personality. Without  memories do we still maintain the same significance in each other's life?
We take our memories for granted but we can fully appreciate its importance in cases of   people with post traumatic amnesia such as after head injury or in Alzeimer's disease where people suffer from memory lapses. It can give rise to several problems in normal day to day activities.

Go to top