Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Memories - what do you do with them? (Page 12)

P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Some of them I store on my USB, like my nani,  when I miss her, I just open up her picture  on my computer and stare in to her angelic face. I miss my college too! I have a college diary with all my timetables and homework recorded, so I read that now and then.

Bad memories,  I usually don't have time for.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

Originally posted by P1nk

Some of them I store on my USB, like my nani,  when I miss her, I just open up her picture  on my computer and stare in to her angelic face. I miss my college too! I have a college diary with all my timetables and homework recorded, so I read that now and then.

Bad memories,  I usually don't have time for.

your homework? that i cant understand Tongue

Yeah, and my fake sick notes too i used for skiving classes.

mr.ass

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
There are some people who have selective memory failure when it comes to paying the billLOL
but seriously reviewing some of my past deeds it makes me wonder about my own past decisions. The question that arises is why and what if I had done it some other ways.
On hind sight I realize my mistakes and wonder at my mental inabilities.
Wonder if some things were fated too.

Edited by Summer3 - 08 January 2011 at 2:55pm
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

^^ "our brain is programmed to forget unpleasant memories"

I don't think so! I think our brain tends to remember memories that have strong emotional connotation. Be it pleasant or unpleasant.

We forget things that are either mundane or that are irrelevant to us.

Forgiving and forgetting is useful if we want some mental peace and concentrate on more important issues. But I'm sure our conscience will normally tell us what is best, provided we listen patiently. But logic goes out of the window in fear, anger, greed etc

Edited by Summer3 - 08 January 2011 at 3:06pm
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

I don't think so! I think our brain tends to remember memories that have strong emotional connotation. Be it pleasant or unpleasant.

Forgiving and forgetting is useful if we want some mental peace and concentrate on more important issues. But I'm sure our conscience will normally tell us what is best, provided we listen patiently. But logic goes out of the window in fear, anger, greed etc

yeah, that's true, and that's when memories can be scary! i'm not to anything of that degree. i forgive easily, but i don't forget everything. i think it's important to remember who did what to do you b/c if you forget, you might not truly be able to see the whole person.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 4:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Summer3

yeah, that's true, and that's when memories can be scary! i'm not to anything of that degree. i forgive easily, but i don't forget everything. i think it's important to remember who did what to do you b/c if you forget, you might not truly be able to see the whole person.

We should not throw the lesson away and life is a learning experience.

tulipbaby53

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
I just watched Harry Potter - Half Blood Prince tonight. Speaking of memories, I wish I could be a wizard now. I want to be able to take all my favorite memories and put it in a vial. Then someday down the line put them in a pensieve and relive the moments.
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I just watched Harry Potter - Half Blood Prince tonight. Speaking of memories, I wish I could be a wizard now. I want to be able to take all my favorite memories and put it in a vial. Then someday down the line put them in a pensieve and relive the moments.

I watched it, it was kinda boring. I cant believe Igot sick of pokemon and harry potter LOL

Go to top