Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Memories - what do you do with them? (Page 11)

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Ah I am also trying to remember past lives before graduating to the future Qwerty BhaiLOL

Summer ji I think mind itself is only a biocomputer.... It has a memory system just as any computer has...we feed the memory system and the mind keeps the memory..memory can function only abt those things which are known to Us ...Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

thegameison IF-Sizzlerz
thegameison
thegameison

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Bad bad memories are extremely contagious! Whereas, there always are a very few memories that make you smile hard, like a complete idiot. I don't know, I am not sure if am fond of any of the two I mentioned. :D

Summer3

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by old-black-joe

Anyway, won't new memories replace old ones?

I don't know - they haven't yet. If they ever do, I'll let you know. But I don't think memories ever replace each other. Our priorities change over time, so the significance of different memories also changes. But I don't think that ever means that we lose a memory dear to us or replace it with another one.

Well, you are 21 or so, so perhaps it hasn't happened yet, but picture yourself at 40, will bad memories really stay with you that long? I highly doubt it, unless you're like me who holds grudges, because I still ignore people on fb who I've held a grudge against at school. Weird, but I cant help it.
crazybobblehead Senior Member

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 4:54am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 5:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psychoboblehead

Originally posted by qwertyesque

[/DIV]Have you heard the song "karoge yaad toh har baat yaad aayegi.." it means we remember because we want to... as humans we are veri fickle minded.. so if you dont get too invovled.. these old things will just pass you without impacting!!

Can a raped woman ever forget her troth to save her virginity ?

<div align="left">That very forgetting and replacing with good thoughts depends on how optimistic a person is. Some crib the slightest split milk, where as some show a heart of stone.

Perhaps such nightmares should be classified separately as the most unkind injustice and tragedy. Some of these are carried even into the next lives. Hypnosis has been a useful tool in bringing these out. The loss of a very close and dear one is also hard to get over.
crazybobblehead Senior Member

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 5:22am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psychoboblehead

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

put them in attic.. visit them once in a while.. if you find too much of clutter.. just get rid of them.... trust me.. your brain is not going to let you go off those memories.. you have to do it yourself...

but HOW? i know we have to do it, but how can we forget something? 
Have you heard the song "karoge yaad toh har baat yaad aayegi.." it means we remember because we want to... as humans we are veri fickle minded.. so if you dont get too invovled.. these old things will just pass you without impacting!!

Can a raped woman ever forget her troth to save her virginity ?

That very forgetting and replacing with good thoughts depends on how optimistic a person is. Some crib the slightest split milk, where as some show a heart of stone.
Thats not just a bad memory but a trauma.. and it needs healing counselling and therapy.. when we speak of bad memories, like being cheated, fired, losing dear ones...loved ones dying... our brain is programmed to forget unpleasant memories... we tend to walk to them more often..

Think about these things.. doesnt life resume after the wost bereavement one could imagine..
does one stop driving a car if they get in a car accident and lets say some dear ones die?.....Life goes on.. whatever you do.. dying is certain.. so one should  take it easy and enjoy what you ones blessed with

Summer3

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:27am | IP Logged
^^ "our brain is programmed to forget unpleasant memories"

I don't think so! I think our brain tends to remember memories that have strong emotional connotation. Be it pleasant or unpleasant. 

We forget things that are either mundane or that are irrelevant to us.

Edited by tulipbaby53 - 08 January 2011 at 10:27am

Go to top