The torture of Arpita

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I think all of us were shocked by what we saw in yesterday's episode. The torture of Arpita was gratuitous and for one's pleasure only! I found it impossible to reconcile the RV we had seen so far with the RV of yesterday. How can a man change so much overnight? Or has he always been like this just that we never saw this sadistic side of him before? Whatever the reason, I feel like there is a link missing...it is rankling and rubbing me raw but I have got to accept what was shown...Still hoping it was all a dream/nightmare by someone!

The episode really was all about pushing Avdesh's buttons till he could not accept it anymore; till he gave in and reacted blindly only dictated by his emotions alone. So RV orders  Arpita to be tortured, hoping to turn her love into hatred and blame the man she worships blindly. He wants to make her regret ever falling in love and setting in motion the chain of events that led her to the filthy cell she now occupies. He wants her cries to go back to Avdesh, sear his heart for all time. And that is just the beginning.

Once again, another person underestimating the love Avdesh and Arpita have for each other. Arpita would gladly enter that cell again and again throughout her saat janam if it meant saving her Avdesh from more violence or going to prison. She would smile and accept anything that comes her way, if it meant Avdesh is safe. At the moment, her fears were uppermost in her mind. It is not unexpected, she is young and has never been in jail but she must have heard enough to dread whatever was coming next. Her worst fears were realised when the female officers enter her cell and start taunting and beating her up.

At one point, RV seems to be relishing Arpita's pain. Enquiring like a gentle lover, he wants to know why she is quiet. His next words, to my ears, were suggestive and intimate...that "there is an interlude before the climax".... He seems to be taking sadistic pleasure from her cries of pain, calling her 'Arpitha' in that soft tone. He sat there all smug and superior, even thanking Bhauji for handing over Avdesh's greatest treasure (and weakness) to him. One thing I agree: Bhauji has been short sighted and plain stupid. Soon she will be paying for her mistake, big time.

My heart broke as I heard Arpita's cries and a part of me cannot accept what I saw. It is not because of my western upbringing, but the sheer horror that such a gentle and loving person could be punished so. And she was being punished; for marrying a man of Avdesh's ilk, for daring to love him and dream of a future where they were both able to get on with life without fear of the law and the police. Most importantly, she was being punished for daring to shoot RV and leaving him for the dead. She was being used to reel in her husband into RV's hands so the real punishment could start. She hasn't grasped this yet and I think she may realise tomorrow. One thing for definte, she will be a tigeress protecting her husband, no matter the cost to her, her own pain and fear forgotten in the face of her husband's pain and hurt. And one day RV will rue trying to use Arpita to get to her husband. The love she has for Avdesh will be the emotion that makes her lash out against RV.

As for Avdesh he proved beyond a shadow of a doubt how much Arpita means to him. When Pandit was trying to stop him from leaving the haveli for the police station he spat out that he "cared nothing about his life..if it meant Arpita experiencing a moment's pain". He showed no fear at all as he walked into the police station unarmed and alone. The burning need to see his wife and makes sure she was unharmed was driving him forward without a care for himself. That is how true and pure his heart is. Unfortunately the world has labelled him a criminal and a gunda and not able to see beyond those labels. Their loss.

However, one thing I had really hoped for was Avdesh being proactive in getting Arpita released rather than continually depending on Bahuji. As mentioned before, he would continue to trust her until he is given evidence as to why not. But I so wished he had gone to see the lawyer with her, then it would have shown more groW*H on his part. And he has developed since Arpita has entered his life but he still has a long way to go before fully reforming and will face many obstacles on his path. Like this current test of his.

We are shown in the precap Avdesh wildly coming into the cell area, his hand straining to touch his wife's ...he sees' her being beaten and wildness overcomes him...the police behind him. Again something about the scene struck me strange, there seems to be a surreal quality to it, almost dream like.

I can only see three way of resolving this stalemate. 1. Avdesh surrenders himself in exchange for Arpita being released. 2. He takes RV hostage and forces the police to release her and they all go off (the gang were behind him, held back by the police) and 3. Bhauji, having heard the news, rushes into the station with either a top notch lawyer or some influential person and they all go free. There could be more, but these are the obvious ones. All these have more tracks emerging, tentacles to tangle and trip them all in the coming days. Happiness and sadness will be their lot for the moment.

In the midst of all this darkness, a tiny ray of hope enters the Rai household. The name of the hope is Simple. Before she could even enter her new home she sees her FIL true colour and to my admiration she gives it back to him as hard as the slap he had given his wife. What a wonderful moment, what a payback for MC Rai for treating his wife so ill! I hope Simple remains like the breath of fresh air that she is. More than that, I hope she also becomes a good friend to Avita, perhaps even now in their moment of need.

For once it will be nice to see someone helping Avdesh and Arpita, rather than trying to tear them apart constantly.

So what did you all think?😊

(if you like, don't forget to press the button😊)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yoga23priya thumbnail

dreamy diπŸ€—
i'm going now for exam....will come back later and read it later....
hope i don't get any punishment today....my mam is combi of RV and MY aunty😭😭
take care 
love you alots...
yahooo i 'm first πŸ˜† πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by yoga23priya - 13 years ago
smile.sara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Draemy! very good analysis. You are so comfortable with words. so admiring πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ 
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
woohoooooooooaaaaaaa.. all this reminded me of ur other post titled pay back..

full circle again here..  and underestimate of love..

u all think mayb rv has some feelings for arpi but i say no
he is too ruthless and arrogant
i dont see a soft side of him yet. as of now for him arpi is just a tool as now given by that bhootni..

the torture now was heart wrenching now we have to see how much avdesh can tolerate

precap ws enough for our blood to boil and march off to lallanpur.

u know i had said someplace arpis love is like shield for avdesh   and viceversa

right now its arpi suffering  but avdesh is how do i compare his love..

l keep thinking of  the tagline of the show here

and ur three choices i feel the last one can happen but with some difference

bhootni doesnt want arpi in the home bt she wud take avdesh back yes..

cant say what wud happen next
smile.sara thumbnail
Originally posted by: sana141994

nice writing as always

Hi Sana! How r u and where r your GKD Khabrain yaar. and yes do you come back how is vacation with your Parents. Pls give some brain to CVfrom all of us so they can transfer to AviπŸ˜‰
smile.sara thumbnail

Dreamy all of your three choices are looking only possibilty in this situation although all of them are dangerous for Avita. if Avdesh surrender than Avita will remain separated and RV will not leave this golden chance and take Avi on very horrible remand and what bhootni will do with arpi is another thing. if Avi and gang manage to release Arpi on gun point and escape then RV has proof against Avi and have solid proof/chance to arrest Avi which he didnt get yet. and the third option. even though by this Arpi will release and Avi would not have to break law but what next Avi will become more than proud of his bhaoji and never want to even think once over bhootni decision and orde. but it seems that one of your option we are going to waatch today epi. let see what happen .

and yes simple is too good. jagat is becoming her pet in future. see how did he hold her hand after Ppa rai insult by her. may be simple force Papa Rai to bail Arpi and Avi will get to think over chance how can my bhaoji didnt get arpi release. Edited by sara212 - 13 years ago
Gaurishah thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Dreamy lovely analysis as always. Agree with point three in your analysis even I feel that bhootni will come to the police station. And agree with Chatter di too that she is sure to take Avi with her and leave Arpi behind to get more troubled by RV.

Couldnt believe of what all saw of RV yesterday and what we will see of him today too. Precap was very upsetting. Just to get Avi how can he torture Arpi for no fault of hers. She shot him for saving her husband. Wouldn't his wife would have done the same (if he had one) to save him?

BJ is mean and selfish to the core. She will go to any limits to keep Arpi where she is. For sure she must be arranging with her lawyer as to how to keep Arpi in prison for the maximum time than getting her out on bail.

The Rai household is going to go through a big transformation thanks to Simple. She was great yesterday.
Edited by Gaurishah - 13 years ago
komalSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi dreamy i m fedup writting same line for ur analysis but have no choice" It 's awesome"

I have one more choice for Avi to get Arpita free he should kidnap RV younger bro and then get arpi in exchange infact all charges withdrawed from her.

wat do u say????

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
i think cvs just might surprises us today or tommorow

they hv kept us hanging here

if avdesh forcibly at gunpoint rescues arpita then also no good he wud hv one more fault in eyes of law.

also dreamy ur point of sadist pleasure,. hee i didnt hv heart to see that again coz i was already torn by  the torture and it just made me think come on avdesh where are you..

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: yoga23priya

dreamy diπŸ€—
i'm going now for exam....will come back later and read it later....
hope i don't get any punishment today....my mam is combi of RV and MY aunty😭😭
take care 
love you alots...
yahooo i 'm first πŸ˜† πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Priya dear,πŸ€—

no problems!....best of luck for your exam.

Study comes first, always.

cya later.😊