Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 12

MissIffiy

IF-Rockerz

MissIffiy

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bandicoot

Originally posted by MissIffiy

I would actually like to see something like the Academy Award/Oscar kind of an award happen in Bollywood is that too much to ask for Cry

oscar awards have their own issues..there is actually a joke on a recipe for best movie award..because of the audience who votes for it..LOL

Say whatttt  Broken Heart  I still appreciate & like watching the Academy Awards though 

LOL

Okay no offence meant here...

but here is the recipe i heard of... most of the voting population at the kodak theatre are conservative jews who made it big.
the recipe is this
-nothing homosexual(Milk Lost)
-nothing anti-holocaust(Reader lost)
-nothing weird(Benjamin button)
-pro holocaust movies
-super hero movies dont win as well(dark knight)

there was more in the list but i cant remember it off the top of my head

when was the last time a comedy won oscarLOL

Shocked NO COMMENT 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards (Page 9)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:43am | IP Logged

I would actually like to see something like the Academy Award/Oscar kind of an award happen in Bollywood is that too much to ask for Cry

oscar awards have their own issues..there is actually a joke on a recipe for best movie award..because of the audience who votes for it..LOL

Say whatttt  Broken Heart  I still appreciate & like watching the Academy Awards though 

LOL

Okay no offence meant here...

but here is the recipe i heard of... most of the voting population at the kodak theatre are conservative jews who made it big.
the recipe is this
-nothing homosexual(Milk Lost)
-nothing anti-holocaust(Reader lost)
-nothing weird(Benjamin button)
-pro holocaust movies
-super hero movies dont win as well(dark knight)

there was more in the list but i cant remember it off the top of my head

when was the last time a comedy won oscarLOL

OScars are overrated on this forum LOL They might be a little better than bollywood awards, but I agree they are also biased towards certain films/genre. lol that's funny no weird films so Benjamin button was out lol..that's funny.

Edited by lensahunte08 - 05 January 2011 at 12:44am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

petticoat

MissIffiy

IF-Rockerz

MissIffiy

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:46am | IP Logged

oso was a weak film... oh and btw there is a running joke in rediff that raja sen is an SRK fan

he praises SRK movies irrespective of content

Congrats to Srk on the nomination then LOL just kidding but srk should get nominated for MNIK the jury is not deciding who will win the fans are 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

petticoat

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:47am | IP Logged
arre i read an article which kinda went over the nominations and related it with the voting members of kodak academy..the rpedictions were spot on..slumdog did not deserve the best movie award..but given the economic depression then it was the only movie in the list that had a positive ending and favourable to the voters.

the rules i listed are solely for the best film. im aware ang lee won the best director for brokeback mountain as well

Edited by bandicoot - 05 January 2011 at 12:53am

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by smarie pants

lensa i agree ishqiya was overrated...i found it quite boring too at a lot of points...and also...the end just ruined the entire muvie for me...but i liked the filmmakers vision...the performances, the music, the flavour etc...plus the sensibility was new and different...and not to mention bold...which is precisely why i liked kaminey too...it was too wannabe quentin tarantino for me...but i liked the texture of the film and the technical aspects of it, i.e the ones i mentioned above. 

Yes totally. I think the director is def talented. I think he is a newcomer. He had a good vision, but fell to make the film entertaining. The film was def interesting but yet still fails to grab your attention at part. And yes the performance was good but not as great as people said it was.

MissIffiy

IF-Rockerz

MissIffiy

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:52am | IP Logged

arre i read an article which kinda went over the nominations and related it with the voting members of kodak academy..the rpedictions were spot on..slumdog did not deserve the best movie award..but given the economic depression then it was the only movie in the list that had a positive ending and favourable to the voters.

the awards i listed are solely for the best film. im aware ang lee won the best director for brokeback mountain as well

although from the films nominated that year for Best Picture I only saw Slumdog I was happy it won the film was good so they have issues  in the Best Picture category in others Kate won Heath won & Sean also won 

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged
ya the general critics view all over was that Milk deserved it much more but oh well slumdog won

I can pull up the articles here but they are way too long

nikhiltaneja

nikhiltaneja

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:17am | IP Logged
Hey everyone
Someone directed me to this page because of the discussion that was going on! Went through it all and its SO very heartening to see most of you support the awards and have understood the point behind it :).

Just posting a reply to those who think we are against comedy. We honestly aren't! If Housefull and Golmaal 3 would have been comedies that were SO funny and unique that they deserved to be in the Best Film category, we'd have certainly put it there. For example, a Khosla Ka Ghosla is a super film that would have easily been a best film contender had it released this year.

But for those who've seen Phas Gaya Re Obama - do compare that with a Housefull and Golmaal 3!  Phas Gaya is funny without being gross or crass, slapstick without being loud, intelligent without being insulting! Now that could be a best film nominee! 

But of course, as one of you pointed out, the idea behind the awards is not to show another awards function down, its to give the underrated, unnoticed, but much more deserving performances/films of the year their due, even if they dont have the star power.

Like I said - this initiative's started for the love of good cinema not the hatred of bad cinema!

Cheers
Nikhil  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

qwertyfiedchocolover89Chippeshwini

Post Reply New Post

Go to top