Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 12

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Originally posted by lensahunte08

Originally posted by chocolover89

Yes comedy is the genre that critics are most biased against. Comedy films hardly win awards and it is unfair in some ways because comedy isn't easy..it's hard to make people laugh..but in the last few years, there just haven't been any good comedies barring Golmaal I guess (for me the first one was really good, 2nd really bad, haven't seen 3rd one yet but that's supposed to be good).

Most comedies seem like they're trying to force us to laugh by hook or crook, like the last scene in Housefull where everybody is laughing Confused. I thought bits and bits of Housefull were funny but it certainly isn't a great comedy like Hera Pheri or Andaz Apna Apna worthy of awards..

I don't think anyone is saying Housefull deserves an award. We are just saying critics and awards are more biased towards it. And even the audience sometimes.
I was just using Housefull as an example..mostly because it's the only one I have seen this year LOL 

Yes critics critics tend to not like comedies that the aam junta watches and turns into an average/hit/blockbuster (Housefull, TMK, Welcome, SIK, etc..) but even they love good comedies. At the end of the day, who wouldn't like to be throroughly entertained and be destressed by a good comedy?

Dabangg, G3 (help me on this) were both well appreciated by critics this year.

I don't know about Dabang. But Yes G3 was appreciated by most critics...trust me it shocked me because they don't like golmaal kind of films.  LOL

Edited by lensahunte08 - 05 January 2011 at 12:37am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chocolover89

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards (Page 8)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MissIffiy

IF-Rockerz

MissIffiy

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bandicoot

Originally posted by MissIffiy

I would actually like to see something like the Academy Award/Oscar kind of an award happen in Bollywood is that too much to ask for Cry

oscar awards have their own issues..there is actually a joke on a recipe for best movie award..because of the audience who votes for it..LOL

Say whatttt  Broken Heart  I still appreciate & like watching the Academy Awards though 

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:40am | IP Logged

Originally posted by bandicoot

I would actually like to see something like the Academy Award/Oscar kind of an award happen in Bollywood is that too much to ask for Cry

oscar awards have their own issues..there is actually a joke on a recipe for best movie award..because of the audience who votes for it..LOL

Say whatttt  Broken Heart  I still appreciate & like watching the Academy Awards though 

LOL

Okay no offence meant here...

but here is the recipe i heard of... most of the voting population at the kodak theatre are conservative jews who made it big.
the recipe is this
-nothing homosexual(Milk Lost)
-nothing anti-holocaust(Reader lost)
-nothing weird(Benjamin button)
-pro holocaust movies
-super hero movies dont win as well(dark knight)

there was more in the list but i cant remember it off the top of my head

when was the last time a comedy won oscarLOL

MissIffiy

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by smarie pants

yes...in the past, films like anand, khuubsoorat, chupke chupke, hum hain raahi pyaar ke, 3 idiots, lage raho munnabhai, munnabhai mbbs...all won the award for best film...why?? they were actually well made comedies...comedies that got it right...same with biwi no 1, dulhan hum le jaayenge, main hoon naa, OSO,partner, chasmee badoor, chachi 420, jab we met, no entry which recieved nominations for best film....comedy is recognised, if done well.  but it is hard to get them right..and very few films succeed in tht aspect. 

Okay you have a good point there even though I don't think 3 idiots won because of it's comedy. And OSO was not a good comedy. But that's just my opinion. But yes I recall when Munnabhai film won and that's one of my favorite movie that I watch over and over. It was def a well made comedy.

Edited by lensahunte08 - 05 January 2011 at 12:41am

Chippeshwini

IF-Sizzlerz

Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:42am | IP Logged
but then there's a difference between being appreciated, and being nominated for the mainstream best film's category.

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

SLB giving credit to all the movies he has blatantly plagiarized ROFL 
That'll be the day ROFL

Thanks Lensa! ..Dabangg was also well appreciated by critics Smile

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

oso was a weak film... oh and btw there is a running joke in rediff that raja sen is an SRK fan

he praises SRK movies irrespective of content

smarie

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:43am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

.khoobsurat.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top