Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 12

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:19am | IP Logged

Yes comedy is the genre that critics are most biased against. Comedy films hardly win awards and it is unfair in some ways because comedy isn't easy..it's hard to make people laugh..but in the last few years, there just haven't been any good comedies barring Golmaal I guess (for me the first one was really good, 2nd really bad, haven't seen 3rd one yet but that's supposed to be good).

Most comedies seem like they're trying to force us to laugh by hook or crook, like the last scene in Housefull where everybody is laughing Confused. I thought bits and bits of Housefull were funny but it certainly isn't a great comedy like Hera Pheri or Andaz Apna Apna worthy of awards..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwertyfiedpetticoat

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards (Page 6)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

beboholic

IF-Sizzlerz

beboholic

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by smarie pants

lensa, i dunt think many would appreciate guzaarish  being nominated...kurbaan was a serious movie too...was it nominated in a lot of categories tht year??...3 idiots recieved more nominations...and ppl didnt mind tht coz it was clearly the better film amongst the two....similarly...saawariya was shunned at awards while OSO recieved many nominations....why?? because ppl appreciate good films...not the genre they are made in...thts the way it should be. 

I actually enjoyed Kurbaan more than 3 idiots. But awards giving importance more to OSO and 3 idiots over Sawariya and Kurbaan has to with boxoffice more than anything.

ladygaga

IF-Dazzler

ladygaga

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:20am | IP Logged
I thought Welcome and No entry were way funnier than OSO.. Comedy deserves its own awards.. screw the regular bolly awards..  Comedy is such a popular and powerful genre in bolly.. they should have their own special awards.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

beboholic

beboholic

IF-Sizzlerz

beboholic

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Yes comedy is the genre that critics are most biased against. Comedy films hardly win awards and it is unfair in some ways because comedy isn't easy..it's hard to make people laugh..but in the last few years, there just haven't been any good comedies barring Golmaal I guess (for me the first one was really good, 2nd really bad, haven't seen 3rd one yet but that's supposed to be good).

Most comedies seem like they're trying to force us to laugh by hook or crook, like the last scene in Housefull where everybody is laughing Confused. I thought bits and bits of Housefull were funny but it certainly isn't a great comedy like Hera Pheri or Andaz Apna Apna worthy of awards..

I don't think anyone is saying Housefull deserves an award. We are just saying critics and awards are more biased towards it. And even the audience sometimes.

Edited by lensahunte08 - 05 January 2011 at 12:22am

beboholic

IF-Sizzlerz

beboholic

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

I thought Welcome and No entry were way funnier than OSO.. Comedy deserves its own awards.. screw the regular bolly awards..  Comedy is such a popular and powerful genre in bolly.. they should have their own special awards.

I thought the same too. Welcome and No entry were funnier def than OSO esp because of Anil kapoor for me. That guy is really good at comedy. OSO is really overrated. I agree comdies films should have their own awards since no one gives them credit in bollywood awards.

Edited by lensahunte08 - 05 January 2011 at 12:24am

smarie

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:25am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

chocolover89

beboholic

IF-Sizzlerz

beboholic

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by smarie pants

comedy does get its due....ppl like paresh rawal, arshad warsi, govinda do recieve awards.....the problem is....such good performances only come out in exceptionally well written and directed comedies.....which is why comedy is the toughest genre...its soo hard to get it right, and very easy to screw up...and its soo rare to see ppl get it right.....it is in those rare occasions when ppl get nominated and recognized for their performances in a comedy. 

But do the comedy films get awards in the category of best film?

Edited by lensahunte08 - 05 January 2011 at 12:26am

Chippeshwini

IF-Sizzlerz

Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:27am | IP Logged
as per the way i've read into these things, these people have nothing against slapsticks.

What they're against is the way bolly awards give importance to big names, who don't necesarily create the 'most' qualitative material out there.
they hate how directors of good movies, like Udaan, and LSD, get completely sidetracked by people like Sajid Khan.

No one gives a rat's intestine about filmmakers who try to think out of the box . That's why, the most that Love Sex aur Dhoka got was "woah, what a cool movie". it didn't get recognition, and as per the nominations, it won't. 
The most these movies ever get is "best critic's". 

that's what they want to change. They want it to be possible that films like Udaan and LSD will get into the 'best film' category, not just the 'critic's best film' category

qwertyfied

Post Reply New Post

Go to top