Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 12

MissIffiy

IF-Rockerz

MissIffiy

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
yeah since Taran adarsh is not part of it we can take a breather LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

petticoat

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards (Page 4)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by smarie pants

preciecely...most of the good performances this year have been from actors who are not that popular on twitter, or who are not on twitter at all...so i think its fair-ish...rishi kapoor, udaan guy, vidya, natha guy from peepli etc...im pretty sure they wont nominate kareenas and priyankas for WAFs, golmaal 3, AA and PI....so we can take a breather...

I guess will see if their nominations is any better than the actual awards.

ladygaga

IF-Dazzler

ladygaga

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
So they are biased against slapstick comedies.. that puts me off right there.. i prefer the slapstick much more than plagiarized so-called serious cinema.. yes some of the slapsticks are also plagiarized.. but still calling them outright bad cinema.. is a bias against a genre.. then again it is one of the most unecessarily bashed genre.. but still one of the highest grossing one at boxoffice.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.petticoat

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

So they are biased against slapstick comedies.. that puts me off right there.. i prefer the slapstick much more than plagiarized so-called serious cinema.. yes some of the slapsticks are also plagiarized.. but still calling them outright bad cinema.. is a bias against a genre.. then again it is one of the most unecessarily bashed genre.. but still one of the highest grossing one at boxoffice.

You have a point there. I prefer a Housefull and Golmaal 3 over sad film like Guzarish any day. Some people think good acting/good films only comes in the form of serious cinema or whatever. The only actress from recent time I recall who won from a comedy film is Kajol in K3G and maybe bebo from JWM if you call what she did in that film comedy. Both films JWM and K3G were kind of funny. And both films that have repeat value.

Edited by lensahunte08 - 05 January 2011 at 12:00am

ladygagapetticoat

smarie

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:00am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MissIffiychocolover89Chippeshwini

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:02am | IP Logged
I def didn't like TMK. But I enjoyed housefull. Yes there were racist jokes. But that's always made in bollywood films not just comedy. Some jokes were bad, but there are parts in the film that made me giggle and smile and even laugh. Am not saying Housefull deserves a nomination, but people are way too harsh on the comedies made in bollywood. The serious films also have flaws too. The one comedy I recall that the critics loved this year is that Ati film with ajay and koko. That was not funny at all. It was so boring. Confused

Edited by lensahunte08 - 05 January 2011 at 12:08am

ladygaga

IF-Dazzler

ladygaga

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:05am | IP Logged

This is the definition of Slapstick from wiki

"Slapstick is a type of comedy involving exaggerated violence and activities which exceed the boundaries of common sense"

Slapsticks are supposed to be OTT and bizarre.. thats the whole point.. honestly the bashing of slapstick by critics is just beyond pathetic.. a lot of people enjoy watching these movies.. yes critics don't have to like them or praise them.. if they don't want to.. but sorta make it a point to bash them again and again.. and call them bad cinema is stupid.. if you watch any old holly slapsticks.. like after the fox .. or the naked gun franchise then they are also silly.. or any newer ones..

Edited by ladygaga - 05 January 2011 at 12:06am

smarie

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:06am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

qwertyfiedChippeshwini

Post Reply New Post

Go to top