Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by lensahunte08

Yes it depends on who the jury member is. But if  that reporter anna is gonna be the jury. It's gonna be totally bias.

yeah she has issues with lots of stars but that just one person against the rest of the jury 
preciecely...most of the good performances this year have been from actors who are not that popular on twitter, or who are not on twitter at all...so i think its fair-ish...rishi kapoor, udaan guy, vidya, natha guy from peepli etc...im pretty sure they wont nominate kareenas and priyankas for WAFs, golmaal 3, AA and PI....so we can take a breather...
But the jury decides the nomination..and it consists of some very sensible and trusted critics.

I think we might not see the usual nominations from the other award shows in this one. I certainly feel movies which might not get their due in the other awards like Udaan, LSD, Peepli Live, Tere Bin Laden, BBB will dominate this nomination list. I don't see Kareena, Priyanka, Deepika, Sonam, Kat making this list..not this year atleast..
Edited by chocolover89 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by MissIffiy

yeah she has issues with lots of stars but that just one person against the rest of the jury 

It takes one vote to decide a winner. So yeah even one person matters.
yeah since Taran adarsh is not part of it we can take a breather ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by smarie pants

preciecely...most of the good performances this year have been from actors who are not that popular on twitter, or who are not on twitter at all...so i think its fair-ish...rishi kapoor, udaan guy, vidya, natha guy from peepli etc...im pretty sure they wont nominate kareenas and priyankas for WAFs, golmaal 3, AA and PI....so we can take a breather...

I guess will see if their nominations is any better than the actual awards.
So they are biased against slapstick comedies.. that puts me off right there.. i prefer the slapstick much more than plagiarized so-called serious cinema.. yes some of the slapsticks are also plagiarized.. but still calling them outright bad cinema.. is a bias against a genre.. then again it is one of the most unecessarily bashed genre.. but still one of the highest grossing one at boxoffice.
Originally posted by ladygaga

So they are biased against slapstick comedies.. that puts me off right there.. i prefer the slapstick much more than plagiarized so-called serious cinema.. yes some of the slapsticks are also plagiarized.. but still calling them outright bad cinema.. is a bias against a genre.. then again it is one of the most unecessarily bashed genre.. but still one of the highest grossing one at boxoffice.

You have a point there. I prefer a Housefull and Golmaal 3 over sad film like Guzarish any day. Some people think good acting/good films only comes in the form of serious cinema or whatever. The only actress from recent time I recall who won from a comedy film is Kajol in K3G and maybe bebo from JWM if you call what she did in that film comedy. Both films JWM and K3G were kind of funny. And both films that have repeat value.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
^^agreed but wht sajid and aneez bazmee present is anything but credible...its not even slapstic....its a bizzare genre wherein they think its funny to be slapped by a monkey, or make racist jokes...slapstic films like hera pheri, no entry, andaz apna apna, golmaal have been appreciated b4...but the same cannot be done for the likes of housefull or tees maar khan....comedy is one thing, making films with the arrogance that the audience would definately find it funny is atrocious. 

and i dunt think the "slapstic" films of this year deserve a nomination above all the other delightful films. If we had something to the calibre of Paresh rawal in hera pheri, or in aawara pagal deewana, or shakti kapoor, aamir, salman in andaaz apna apna or arshad warsi in golmaal/munnabhai series...then by all means they deserve to be nominated...but none of the comedy this year even comes close to those. 
Edited by smarie pants - 13 years ago
I def didn't like TMK. But I enjoyed housefull. Yes there were racist jokes. But that's always made in bollywood films not just comedy. Some jokes were bad, but there are parts in the film that made me giggle and smile and even laugh. Am not saying Housefull deserves a nomination, but people are way too harsh on the comedies made in bollywood. The serious films also have flaws too. The one comedy I recall that the critics loved this year is that Ati film with ajay and koko. That was not funny at all. It was so boring. 😕
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago