Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
ya the general critics view all over was that Milk deserved it much more but oh well slumdog won

I can pull up the articles here but they are way too long
nikhiltaneja thumbnail
Hey everyone
Someone directed me to this page because of the discussion that was going on! Went through it all and its SO very heartening to see most of you support the awards and have understood the point behind it :).

Just posting a reply to those who think we are against comedy. We honestly aren't! If Housefull and Golmaal 3 would have been comedies that were SO funny and unique that they deserved to be in the Best Film category, we'd have certainly put it there. For example, a Khosla Ka Ghosla is a super film that would have easily been a best film contender had it released this year.

But for those who've seen Phas Gaya Re Obama - do compare that with a Housefull and Golmaal 3!  Phas Gaya is funny without being gross or crass, slapstick without being loud, intelligent without being insulting! Now that could be a best film nominee! 

But of course, as one of you pointed out, the idea behind the awards is not to show another awards function down, its to give the underrated, unnoticed, but much more deserving performances/films of the year their due, even if they dont have the star power.

Like I said - this initiative's started for the love of good cinema not the hatred of bad cinema!

Cheers
Nikhil  
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bandicoot

phew saawariya is also plaigiarised...

plagiarism is when you do not cite the original source. saawariya's original source was Dostoevsky's story and it was given it's due credit right in the beginning of the film. Many movies have been made based on that story..... don't know about Guzaarish.
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree about Oscars having it's own bias. But at least the movies that get nominated are well worth a watch. I remember Winslet saying that she needed to do a second world war/holocaust related movie to get best actress. she does reader and voila! LOL!

Does this have to say "Twi Fi" though?...it reminds me of twilight😕😆
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
COME ON The King's Speech lol bring an OSCAR back to England😃
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
seems interesting! will follow this closely (:
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

I agree about Oscars having it's own bias. But at least the movies that get nominated are well worth a watch. I remember Winslet saying that she needed to do a second world war/holocaust related movie to get best actress. she does reader and voila! LOL!

the reader might not have been winslet's finest performance but it was high time she won an oscar. what film she won it for was really irrelevant ;p
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: koolchick

Does this have to say "Twi Fi" though?...it reminds me of twilight😕😆

It does doesn't it😊
U-No-Poo thumbnail
TwiFi reminds me of twitards/twihards - and they are the last group of fans on earth that I want to think about ðŸ˜†