nanditasingh
nanditasingh

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Blessed With Love

Love is my religion
And I could die for that.
I could die for you.

John Keats 

Love that is the very foundation of Devotion ... is his religion to Maan & Geet is the source of it...the orbit around which his world revolves ...his love , his life.

Though not an atheist he never found it necessary to channelize his faith for 'the divine' through 'outside sources'.... He has been shown to equally respect every religion & pay his respect at  their places of worship be it The Golden Temple or The Dargah, The Church (Demello Wedding) or Diwali pooja at his home .....
Shown taking blessings of Pirr-Fakhir & elders, his Dadi maa...
But never shown carrying his faith as in mark of religion or something related to belief or for luck....

He is a man who has carved his own destiny by the sheer force of his determination , dedication & will .. he finds his means of worship in his work itself, to him  God is but your soul
more profoundly ...'God is within us' .

I will love you with all my heart,
To have forever - never to part.
This is a promise ingrained in me,

To him the taveez given by Geet is a thread of divine binding that binds both their destiny ....

"Love was for me a delicate thread stretched between two adjacent pegs, but now it has been transformed into a halo; its first is its last, and its last is its first. It encompasses every being, slowly expanding to embrace all that ever will be. "

He wears it proudly & with faith , faith that he has in her & their love ....

It marks both as the memory of the moment when she confessed her heart out to him ...her fears & her love & trust for him and also is a Promise to keep the small flame of the trust & love burning for eternity

Love works magic.
It is the final purpose
Of the world story,
The Amen of the universe.

'Love, the pulse of life. The emotion that encapsulates within itself your entire world ...It is amazing how this single emotion has woven itself so intricately into the fabric of our existence. A novelty, like the first drops of dew on an untouched leaf, of the feeling makes it special & unforgettable and brings with it new feelings that are unknown to you.'

As in Maan's case concern & extreme fear for Geet's safety that always haunts him.
Though he has always been for her in times of need to such an extent that it can be called 'super human effort' on his part ...but still he is not satisfied  with it.

There can be miracles, when you believe
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles you can achieve
When you believe, somehow you will
You will when you believe

Love makes us do things we never thought of .... the fear for her wellbeing that has him on his toes all the time makes him think of things that otherwise is so unlike him to ever do ...
Its not being superstitious but it shows his unconditional love & immense care for her that makes him hearing the Fakhir's words want the 'taveez' for Geet ...

Doing something thats so beyond your nature does not come to you easily & hence he is unsure if or how to approach the holy man... but when God resides in a loving heart & Maan being the epitome of love no wonder his soul can be clearly read through his eyes ...

The Fakhir senses his dilemma & offers him the taveez on his own & blesses him saying that this taveez will make their bond even more strong & protect their happiness & peace always ....

Something that he wanted always for Geet & himself, something that he has always promised her of & something that the taveez that Geet made him wear marks of ...

He smiles with gratefulness.

I'm not afraid of dying and I'm not afraid of death
I'm not afraid of hurting or taking my last breath
I'm strong enough to laugh even when I'm blue
I'm not scared of much I'm just scared of losing you

He rushes home to her & as surprised  as he himself is at his act, and sure of same reaction from her too....he gives her the taveez ....

Surprised she is , but is overwhelmed too seeing him go all out of his way to bring small comforts to her, for her ...With a bright smile on her face &  with tears of pride & joy held in her eyes she tries to comfort him , trying to rest his heart ....

To which unashamed he confesses his fears , fear of losing her. A fear that grips his soul.

Touched  to the core of her being by his love so pure & so  divine she knows it itself is all the protection she needs , yet she agrees to wear it for the sake of his concern & faith.

Love and faith these are two,
Intangible things God looks for in you.

Wanting to do everything right for Geet  &  in accord to her faith ..

Maan who never wishes for anything for himself goes to the 'mandir' & with his  heart filled with both anxiety & hope , head bowed down in  veneration & hands folded in total surrender to the Divine .. eyes closed with trust

he prays & conveys his fears & seeks blessings for the girl who is blessed already to have got a Soul-mate like him.

You are the one I cherish and love,
A blessing sent from Heaven above.

Love
Nandita

Edited by nanditasingh - 05 January 2011 at 6:30am

The following 44 member(s) liked the above post:

mahikaarania786MANEET_BABYimraanaTamy95SilentDreamerChotiiwhitepearlreea88sksgJadee777Ms-Min-Ho--Revv----Magnificent--SweetRozie123rinku4ubrokenmirrorssweet-and-cute* ~ Roshni ~ *AngadzgirlShadowImbueRituparnaamaneet_forever9sanu3108macho_muffinkhushi_4everroseinbloom_Invincible_shah10Silentsoulswan20-Kash-sptrno--Nargis--adoremevirgoInfinitedreamsa2zahidAmor.AnjanaYYZKhatamKahaniblackb28mysteriousmillibobby13rocksJennyPenny

sksg Goldie
sksg
sksg

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
Nandu, Your post is a good showcase of those subtle and touching nuances of Maan's eternal love. You make a good point about him not being an atheist. Lot of people have been calling him that. But, in reality, he was always showed as respecting religious faiths, but never exhibiting rigid beliefs abd superstitions related to them.

Edited by sksg - 04 January 2011 at 9:19pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-eiya-whitepearlShadowImbuesptrnonanditasingh

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
Beautiful

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nanditasingh

Shweta13 IF-Dazzler
Shweta13
Shweta13

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
Wonderful Post as usual, I am really surprised how you put such beautiful feelings into such beautiful and apt words .... love reading your post.

nanditasingh

Infinitedreams IF-Stunnerz
Infinitedreams
Infinitedreams

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
ClapClap Brillianto as usual Nandu, seriously love the way you write your take with pics....

Muniza

nanditasingh

JennyPenny IF-Addictz
JennyPenny
JennyPenny

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
Nandu, love the post yaar.

It is strange. The journey of Maan and Geet began with such a bittersweet note and to see him do the things we never thought he would do, he did them. He was adorable today and he managed to break the imperfectness that MSK never had before. Though I wish they would cover a bit on why he is like that.

But the journey of Maan and Geet, the belssed ones indeed, because their journey is not an ordinary one. It's filled with blessed moments and I really kinda somewhere wish that despite all the troubles, I want Maan and Geet to be married under the blessings of love. 

I wish we would get Teri Deewani back again. Loved seeing the fakhir there too.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nanditasinghroseinbloom

roseinbloom IF-Sizzlerz
roseinbloom
roseinbloom

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Aww I was waiting on my toes for a post from you and I got my wish fulfilled!

As usual your post is brilliantly worded and beautiful!

Loved your take on him not actually being the atheist everyone is declaring him to be. Yes, he wasn't exactly practicing his religion but at the back of his head knew it exists, and had the equal respect for all other religions. I would'nt be surprised if he went to the Church next! This man has respect for those who follow religion and all religions out there.. but hasn't had total faith in the Divine as you say... that too till now.. and all because of his Geet.

Beautiful episode. Brilliant post. Keep rocking sista! Hug

Love,

Z

<3

nanditasingh

maneet_forever9 IF-Rockerz
maneet_forever9
maneet_forever9

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
ClapWOW GREAT POST Clap love everything you said and the pics GREAT JOB !!!!! and Thanks soooo much Big smile

"Loved your take on him not actually being the atheist everyone is declaring him to be. Yes, he wasn't exactly practicing his religion but at the back of his head knew it exists, and had the equal respect for all other religions. I would'nt be surprised if he went to the Church next! This man has respect for those who follow religion and all religions out there.. but hasn't had total faith in the Divine as you say... that too till now.. and all because of his Geet."

quoted frm Mk.Gh I could not agree more even though in the show they said MAAN was a atheists i did not believe it at all Big smile

nanditasingh

Go to top