Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Take a shower Dharmesh and leave your cell outside (Page 2)

Archanafan Senior Member
Archanafan
Archanafan

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:13am | IP Logged
Okay, seems the phone connection will be made after all!

Dharmesh...get ready to lose some serious pounds cuz its time to get caught, jiggly cheeks!

Teri gadi gai!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23

naava IF-Dazzler
naava
naava

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 3:07am | IP Logged
i , ummm, don't want to step on any toes here, but i think we need to be careful about separating the character from the actor.  When we poke fun at the physical nature of Dharmesh  - being chubby and using derogatory terms about his looks, we are no longer talking about Dharmesh, but about Sumit Arora who plays his part.  I understand that if Dharmesh were a sweet man then either the chubbiness wouldn't be noticed, or it would be endearing, but i think a line has been crossed in some of the threads, including this one.  And no matter how despicable  the character of Dharmesh might be, Sumit is one great actor.Star Clap   He has made all of us hate this character, but, please, dont hate or make fun of the man who plays him.....Cry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchicklunza

naava IF-Dazzler
naava
naava

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tanyaz

can't wait to see his bhanda phod soon .....Angry

tanya, what is a bhanda phod ?  i can figure the general meaning..like comeuppance...exposure, taking down...but...exactly what is the translation...or is it one of those phrases that can't be translated?  Smile  thx. 
koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Bhanda phod = getting caught red handed...or Cat is out of the bag...

He will be exposed...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

naavakoolchick

Archanafan Senior Member
Archanafan
Archanafan

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Naava, totally agree with you.

Actually, I was referring to the character, not the man who plays it.

Or I would have used the words Sumit Arora in my post.

I'm in the medical field and aware of the emotional toll of obesity, so I totally get your point.

I guess the casting director could have picked a tall, slim guy to play Dharmesh.

Because if they pick someone who looks a certain way, the viewing audience will make comments about everything.

But they chose this physical type on purpose. Dunno why. Wohi jaaney.

No offense intended in any way.

In fact, I'll go a step further for you, and never call the character of Dharmesh jiggly cheeks. How's that? (-: I just call him Dharmesh.

Cheers to all.

naava IF-Dazzler
naava
naava

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Archanafan

Naava, totally agree with you.
Actually, I was referring to the character, not the man who plays it.
Or I would have used the words Sumit Arora in my post.
I'm in the medical field and aware of the emotional toll of obesity, so I totally get your point.
I guess the casting director could have picked a tall, slim guy to play Dharmesh.
Because if they pick someone who looks a certain way, the viewing audience will make comments about everything.
But they chose this physical type on purpose. Dunno why. Wohi jaaney.
No offense intended in any way.
In fact, I'll go a step further for you, and never call the character of Dharmesh jiggly cheeks. How's that? (-: I just call him Dharmesh.
Cheers to all.

lol archanafan...it wasn't the jiggly cheeks that got me as much as the slapping for losing weight...and then the j.c. added on, and many threads as i said who attack this part of the character...but while the CV's develop the personality of the character, unless they asked him to put on a lot of weight for the role, the physique is that of the actor alone...i just was trying to be sensitive to how he might feel with people making fun of his looks..  

-  u r right, they chose sumit as the actor for a reason. at the beginning it seemed because he was shy and awkward and wasn't too successful with the girls...obviously they switched his character...and yes he (sumit) does capitalize on his figure in some of his rather cute commercials...so in a way he might expect it, and i suppose there is a fine line.....  still.....

Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Archanafan

Go to top