India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Chat 2 (Page 98)

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
@Tulip - I'm not watching DID Doubles. I'm waiting for my sweetheart to be back on the screen in DID 3. Tongue

@Sarina- I'm awesome at social sciences. Too bad you can't make a career out of them! Actually you can't really make a career out of sciences either unless you like locking yourself up in a lab for hours. And despite being an introvert, I'm too much of a people's person to do that!

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Psshhht, so over that! I will definitely not be doing just a MBA by itself. If I do end up doing a MBA, it will be a dual-degree program like MHA/MBA. I think that will be better suitable for me.

As far as the bold is concerned, puh-leez, girl, I got over that LOOOOONG time ago! LOL

Nah I never thought you would do MBA. You would roll your rolly eyes at the happy hour invites.

I actually wanted to do the JD/MBA joint degree they have here. But its available to full time students only. Bummer!

Tongue
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Actually, I'm secretly considering the JD degree if med school doesn't work out. But I haven't told anyone yet, I don't think I'll make a good lawyer.
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 3:13pm | IP Logged

@Ajnu – will you complain again if I discuss A? Tongue

Well any subject you take, you have to be good at it really to make a career out of it. I really really really wanted to take Theology and philosophy and be a preacher. Then I realized not only would I be broke but as a heathen – no one would hire me. LOL

I recently met a music major. He has a pretty sucky dead-end job with no future. But he enjoys it because he works with high school girls in string quartets. Right now he is really young, I had to remind him – it will get creepy very soon.

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 3:20pm | IP Logged

Actually, I'm secretly considering the JD degree if med school doesn't work out. But I haven't told anyone yet, I don't think I'll make a good lawyer.

I think you will make a great lawyer. Honestly.

Maybe there is not much money in it, but I can see you doing great as a civil rights/human rights lawyer. You have a balanced approach to many things and your cultural background will be a plus.
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Maybe there is not much money in it, but I can see you doing great as a civil rights/human rights lawyer. You have a balanced approach to many things and your cultural background will be a plus.

Wow, thanks. I have gotten that response before, but I don't know. Somehow, I don't see it. Civil rights/human rights would be something I'm interested in actually.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

How many years does grad school last? I actually can't wait to get away from sitting exams and submitting coursework every other week. I look forward to it now but I'll probably be just as scared when it's time to step out in to the 'real world'. I've worked part-time but working in the financial industry is so different to what I've done before. It doesn't help that the employment situation in the UK is pretty bad right now.

I still have the t-shirt that all my primary school friends wrote on just before we all went our own way. I kept most of my planners, not that I ever bothered writing my homework in them.LOLI only really use my BB calendar-it helps me remember people's birthdays and appointments but I am not a very organised person at all. :\

Well, I guess it depends on what you want to do. Medical school is four years (of pure studying, not including your residency), law school is three years. I'm considering a Masters in public health or healthcare administration and that's about two years. So I'd say that a Masters is usually two years and "professional" schools for law and medicine, etc. are usually more than that.

Haha, I'm the total opposite. My whole semester is planned out the first week of classes. As soon as professors hand out/post a syllabus, I mark in my planner all due dates for projects/assignments along with all exam days. I also write down all my exam days and that way I know what to expect and when. Usually the months of March and November (depending on what semester it is) are the worst! I actually enjoy writing things down in my planner ... stupid little things make me happy and this is one of them. LOL But I am way too organized for my own good ... of course, by organization, I mean that I know what I'm supposed to be doing and when, but that doesn't really mean that I'm actually doing what I'm supposed to be doing. LOL

Another 3-4 years? Damn! Over here med/dent lasts 5 years with another 2 years (I think) to do your pre-reg. November is one of the better months for me because it's in between the first semester but March is gonna be a killer cause uni exams are in April and May.Ouch

LOL! I'm sure you've had more fun than pulling an all-nighter for exam revision. I know someone studying at Rutgers doing Med I think and they absolutely love it there. It seems like they have a party on campus every other day!

Today was the Season 2 premier of Glee in the UK. What a way to start the season! Absolutely loved it! Sue is bloody awesome.
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 3:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Wow, thanks. I have gotten that response before, but I don't know. Somehow, I don't see it. Civil rights/human rights would be something I'm interested in actually.

Think about it seriously some time. It is very relevant in our times, and it might be something that will give you a lot of job satisfaction. There is a lot of religion based vitriol and discrimination these days in USA. I can't think of a better person than you balancing religion and constitution.

Think of me too if you become a lawyer someday. Tongue

Go to top