Debate Mansion

Chat 2 (Page 94)

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Why does Qwerty ji appear to be the topic starter of this thread?

i have no clue! Confused

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged

Thanks Ajnu. You reminded me that I still have to buy textbooks for spring.

The only thing I had in my tiny brain is that I have to meet with my team tonight for the communications paper. Thanks to it being a winterim class we have one week to do a term paper. On the bright side Saturday after the winterim session is done, our class is doing a fleece pub crawl.  We will all be wearing our MBA fleece jackets. LOL

Last Friday we had our schools cocktails and connections speed networking event. We were all joking on how science students never do anything fun. Whenever we walk down the science halls, the poor kids can't even smile or greet. Tongue

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

yes, i was, but i found out i didn't need to take it >.> i'm studying psychology, and i want to go into social work and be a licensed practitioner Big smile

you're premed, right?

Oh wow! Congratulations! That's the best feeling in the world, isn't it? Knowing that you don't have to study for something? LOL Psychology and social work ... sounds interesting!

Oh man, I've given up hope now. At this point, I am just a biology major. That's it. The rest will come along when it does! Also, could you send me your GRE prep books? I think I'll have to study for the GRE instead now in order to apply to grad school - sigh!
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
I usually don't buy my books until the first week of classes because many professors don't require the textbook listed online.
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Thanks Ajnu. You reminded me that I still have to buy textbooks for spring.

The only thing I had in my tiny brain is that I have to meet with my team tonight for the communications paper. Thanks to it being a winterim class we have one week to do a term paper. On the bright side Saturday after the winterim session is done, our class is doing a fleece pub crawl.  We will all be wearing our MBA fleece jackets. LOL

Last Friday we had our schools cocktails and connections speed networking event. We were all joking on how science students never do anything fun. Whenever we walk down the science halls, the poor kids can't even smile or greet. Tongue

You're welcome. Why do I sense sarcasm in that tone though? Its not my fault the term is starting soon! LOL

And your MBA program sounds like one big party. Not fair! Science students are so boring, I swear. If someone asked me the craziest thing I've done all throughout my undergrad years, I think I'd probably have to tell them that I pulled off an all-nighter studying for three exams or that I pulled off another all-nighter and wrote two papers (with a total of 30 pages) in one night and managed to do about 70 miles off driving that same day. That's how pathetic being a biology major is!
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I've got two more years of thatOuch
I always look forward to student finance money coming through! Not sure I'll be as excited when I'm paying it back with interest though.

We had some weird project to do at uni so I took out my Year 7 planner and looked at all the stickers I had stuck all over and it brought back so many memories.

Its okay, hon! Grad school awaits me, too. The only thing different now is that I feel like there IS an end to all this, and its not just one long, dark, dreary, never-ending tunnel. LOL On the other hand, it is also scary to step out into the "real world". I've worked throughout my undergrad years along with studying and worked full-time during summers etc, but it still doesn't feel like I'm prepared. All this uncertainty really creeps me out!

Ahhhh, I'm always one of those crazy people who saves all her planners every year. Even in college, I have a physical planner that I carry with me since I need to be able to write in it. Everyone else things Google calendars is amazing and allows them to do all these cool things, but somehow I can't get myself to do it. LOL

How many years does grad school last? I actually can't wait to get away from sitting exams and submitting coursework every other week. I look forward to it now but I'll probably be just as scared when it's time to step out in to the 'real world'. I've worked part-time but working in the financial industry is so different to what I've done before. It doesn't help that the employment situation in the UK is pretty bad right now.

I still have the t-shirt that all my primary school friends wrote on just before we all went our own way. I kept most of my planners, not that I ever bothered writing my homework in them.LOLI only really use my BB calendar-it helps me remember people's birthdays and appointments but I am not a very organised person at all. :\
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

Why does Qwerty ji appear to be the topic starter of this thread?

I was wondering the exact same thing a while ago.LOL
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

How many years does grad school last? I actually can't wait to get away from sitting exams and submitting coursework every other week. I look forward to it now but I'll probably be just as scared when it's time to step out in to the 'real world'. I've worked part-time but working in the financial industry is so different to what I've done before. It doesn't help that the employment situation in the UK is pretty bad right now.

I still have the t-shirt that all my primary school friends wrote on just before we all went our own way. I kept most of my planners, not that I ever bothered writing my homework in them.LOLI only really use my BB calendar-it helps me remember people's birthdays and appointments but I am not a very organised person at all. :\

Well, I guess it depends on what you want to do. Medical school is four years (of pure studying, not including your residency), law school is three years. I'm considering a Masters in public health or healthcare administration and that's about two years. So I'd say that a Masters is usually two years and "professional" schools for law and medicine, etc. are usually more than that.

Haha, I'm the total opposite. My whole semester is planned out the first week of classes. As soon as professors hand out/post a syllabus, I mark in my planner all due dates for projects/assignments along with all exam days. I also write down all my exam days and that way I know what to expect and when. Usually the months of March and November (depending on what semester it is) are the worst! I actually enjoy writing things down in my planner ... stupid little things make me happy and this is one of them. LOL But I am way too organized for my own good ... of course, by organization, I mean that I know what I'm supposed to be doing and when, but that doesn't really mean that I'm actually doing what I'm supposed to be doing. LOL

Go to top