Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   
Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Chat 2 (Page 92)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Joined: 25 March 2008
Posts: 9354

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by hindu4lyf


Do it! I dare you!Tongue
I read one that was really good but the author is yet to complete it and because they were scared of mods and it was an 18+ SS, they moved it to their blog. 


I love how he's cheating on Debina in this.LOL


I'm pondering editing one of my pre-written fictions. I wonder how a DebTi fiction might fly. Gosh darn it, its going to be hard to adapt slash to be IF appropriate. LOL



I hope you're not thinking of making a DebTi FF Sarina!Shocked
I've come across many FF's that are x-rated and it's about worrying seeing all those 13 year olds comment on them. Yaz (yasu09) does an amazing job at describing such scenes and somehow it doesn't come across as cheap either. Unfortunately she got herself temporarily banned recently.

I decided to check out FF HOF to see which FF's are the most liked and surprisingly the most popular ones were some of the worst I've read. That's not me trying to be mean but they really aren't that great considering one of them gets over 1000 likes a day. :\ I hate reading FF's with slang words and abbreviations.

Night Joe! :)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006
Posts: 23331

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf


Done!

Tbh I wouldn't be so annoyed with the DT if it was a one time thing but it's happened way too many times now and it just makes you think that some people sure know how to abuse power. I have no respect for people who send PMs full of swear words and neither do their views affect me. If someone wants to talk about something I said or did then they should do so appropriately but even then IF has the ability to make people do things they wouldn't normally do.

No idea what 'fagged out' means, it's not slang you hear very often but I know what a faggot means. Wasn't there like an episode in Glee on it where Finn gets told off for using the word?


I just think you hang out in the wrong sections way too much Dia. Tongue You need to move to cooler smarter sections.

 

Fag in original Queen's English was 'to toil'

Fag in British Slang is 'cigarette'

Faggot in original Queen's English meant a servant like or lower person made to work hard

Fagged in original Queen's English meant being exhausted after toiling

Fagged in British slang is exhausted or smoked.

 

British derivatives of fag are related to smoking or exhaustion.

 

Faggot in modern slang is a derogatory slur for homosexuals

Fag in modern slang is short for faggot

 

American English never had the original 'fag'. The slur developed in America as an insult. Now globally the modern connotation is the slur, unless people are aware of and using British derivatives.


The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Joined: 25 March 2008
Posts: 9354

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by hindu4lyf


Done!

Tbh I wouldn't be so annoyed with the DT if it was a one time thing but it's happened way too many times now and it just makes you think that some people sure know how to abuse power. I have no respect for people who send PMs full of swear words and neither do their views affect me. If someone wants to talk about something I said or did then they should do so appropriately but even then IF has the ability to make people do things they wouldn't normally do.

No idea what 'fagged out' means, it's not slang you hear very often but I know what a faggot means. Wasn't there like an episode in Glee on it where Finn gets told off for using the word?


I just think you hang out in the wrong sections way too much Dia. Tongue You need to move to cooler smarter sections.

 

Fag in original Queen's English was 'to toil'

Fag in British Slang is 'cigarette'

Faggot in original Queen's English meant a servant like or lower person made to work hard

Fagged in original Queen's English meant being exhausted after toiling

Fagged in British slang is exhausted or smoked.

 

British derivatives of fag are related to smoking or exhaustion.

 

Faggot in modern slang is a derogatory slur for homosexuals

Fag in modern slang is short for faggot

 

American English never had the original 'fag'. The slur developed in America as an insult. Now globally the modern connotation is the slur, unless people are aware of and using British derivatives.



It's kinda sad that I actually agree with you.OuchLOL

I do think that Jess is doing a great job as mod of DID though. No idea how she keeps her cool with so many idiotic posts on the forum.

Thanks for the history lesson on the usage of the word fag! Out of all things in life, never did I think someone would ever explain the meaning of fag, fagged and faggot to meTongue

But how do you know that a fag here is the same as a cigarette? Or over time has it become a part of American slang too?
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006
Posts: 23331

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

It's kinda sad that I actually agree with you.OuchLOL

I do think that Jess is doing a great job as mod of DID though. No idea how she keeps her cool with so many idiotic posts on the forum.

Thanks for the history lesson on the usage of the word fag! Out of all things in life, never did I think someone would ever explain the meaning of fag, fagged and faggot to meTongue

But how do you know that a fag here is the same as a cigarette? Or over time has it become a part of American slang too?


Yes, Jess does a great job. I like Realitybytes too, I can't believe she handles BB. My favorite DT on IF of all times was Angelic_J. I was actually bummed when she retired. Minnie used to be a really nice GM. She also retired a while back for kids and family.

Haha, I'm a dork like that I guess. I grew up in India and back in the day British slang was more common than American slang. I also try to be on top of most global slang and abuse.  LOL
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Joined: 25 March 2008
Posts: 9354

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

It's kinda sad that I actually agree with you.OuchLOL

I do think that Jess is doing a great job as mod of DID though. No idea how she keeps her cool with so many idiotic posts on the forum.

Thanks for the history lesson on the usage of the word fag! Out of all things in life, never did I think someone would ever explain the meaning of fag, fagged and faggot to meTongue

But how do you know that a fag here is the same as a cigarette? Or over time has it become a part of American slang too?


Yes, Jess does a great job. I like Realitybytes too, I can't believe she handles BB. My favorite DT on IF of all times was Angelic_J. I was actually bummed when she retired. Minnie used to be a really nice GM. She also retired a while back for kids and family.

Haha, I'm a dork like that I guess. I grew up in India and back in the day British slang was more common than American slang. I also try to be on top of most global slang and abuse.  LOL

I never interacted with Minnie but heard lots about her and I've seen her around FB. She has an adorable voice. :) I know Bhaskar was very popular on IF too and he was also quite a big fan of Minnie. Speaking of older members, do you remember Princess? I'm pretty close to one of IF's veteran members and she always talks about her.Ouch

Interesting you say that cause Indians may use British slang yet when it comes to the pronunciation of the letter 'Z' then they pronounce it Zee just like Americans do.
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006
Posts: 23331

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I never interacted with Minnie but heard lots about her and I've seen her around FB. She has an adorable voice. :) I know Bhaskar was very popular on IF too and he was also quite a big fan of Minnie. Speaking of older members, do you remember Princess? I'm pretty close to one of IF's veteran members and she always talks about her.Ouch

Interesting you say that cause Indians may use British slang yet when it comes to the pronunciation of the letter 'Z' then they pronounce it Zee just like Americans do.


Nope I don't know Princess. I did not know Bhaskar either. I came at the tail end of his stint. Did not get to interact much. I hear a lot of good things about him.

Back in the day before Indian culture was more 'Americanized' all our influences, especially in English were British. I learned the alphabet as X, Y, ZED. Everyone I know learned it as ZED. I'm presuming due to many American NRI and American expatriates people are adapting American language.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Joined: 25 March 2008
Posts: 9354

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I never interacted with Minnie but heard lots about her and I've seen her around FB. She has an adorable voice. :) I know Bhaskar was very popular on IF too and he was also quite a big fan of Minnie. Speaking of older members, do you remember Princess? I'm pretty close to one of IF's veteran members and she always talks about her.Ouch

Interesting you say that cause Indians may use British slang yet when it comes to the pronunciation of the letter 'Z' then they pronounce it Zee just like Americans do.


Nope I don't know Princess. I did not know Bhaskar either. I came at the tail end of his stint. Did not get to interact much. I hear a lot of good things about him.

Back in the day before Indian culture was more 'Americanized' all our influences, especially in English were British. I learned the alphabet as X, Y, ZED. Everyone I know learned it as ZED. I'm presuming due to many American NRI and American expatriates people are adapting American language.

Congrats on your 10,000th post!! :)

I wish I got to know her. She sounded like a gem of a person. I think there was another member from the Remix forum that I heard about who passed away a couple of years back.Ouch

I think things have changed a lot now. There seems to be more American influence than British. Other than the fact that a lot of Indians love the idea of going to London, everything else seems to be completely Americanized. All the shows on Star World seem to be American, American brands are very popular in India too. A&F is a quite big in India, I'd say even more popular than it is in London. In London Hollister is a lot more popular than A&F (even though Hollister itself is owned by A&F). 

Oh wait there is one British thing that is quite popular in India-the official Manchester United Sports cafe in Mumbai. Judging by the pics I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if footie becomes more popular than cricket in a couple of years.
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007
Posts: 22970

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Purchasing textbooks, looking at weekly schedule, paying tuition, taking care of other administrative things ... all signs that the winter holiday is coming to an end. Sigh. Not fair.

On the other hand, this is the last time (*fingers crossed*) that I will have to worry about this for my undergraduate career. That creates such mixed emotions in my mind that I don't even know if I should be sad or excited.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
A chat with Dr. Shetty Cardiologist

Author: Summer3   Replies: 1   Views: 771

Summer3 1 771 24 August 2010 at 4:24am by _Angie_
Chat with God on facebook - Biggest ROFLer !

2 3

Author: .DontKnow.   Replies: 21   Views: 1927

.DontKnow. 21 1927 29 September 2009 at 7:33am by .DontKnow.
Is Internet chat ruining the language?

2 3

Author: Pensive   Replies: 19   Views: 3024

Pensive 19 3024 09 August 2008 at 1:03pm by Perfangel5655
Best Celebrity Chat/Game Show Host/Judge

Author: pradyam   Replies: 5   Views: 1282

pradyam 5 1282 18 June 2008 at 6:25pm by return_to_hades

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index