Debate Mansion

Chat 2 (Page 45)

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by old-black-joe

"The stop loss order is useful for minimizing (restricting the loss) the loss while  placing the order for Buy Stop loss (Buying Position) the trigger price is equal to or higher than the order price and for sell stop loss (Selling position) the trigger price is equal to or lower than the order price. Your order will be valid FOR THE DAY only."

WHAT THE f**k?! Angry
These are often used by day traders, who love to follow the price trend.
Once it trends downwards they like quickly cut loss.

Best explained

oh well tata steel broke out of its 673 range so I got it at a little less than 700, I wanna set the stop loss at 670, but it seems I have to place this damn order every night :/

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:12am | IP Logged

"The stop loss order is useful for minimizing (restricting the loss) the loss while  placing the order for Buy Stop loss (Buying Position) the trigger price is equal to or higher than the order price and for sell stop loss (Selling position) the trigger price is equal to or lower than the order price. Your order will be valid FOR THE DAY only."

WHAT THE f**k?! Angry

Best explained

oh well tata steel broke out of its 673 range so I got it at a little less than 700, I wanna set the stop loss at 670, but it seems I have to place this damn order every night :/
Guess those are the house rules. I thought you can leave a standing order with your broker.
Most stock markets are not 24 hours except the currency market. IN currency markets they accept good till cancelled orders.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.ass

crazybobblehead Senior Member

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:12am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psychoboblehead

"The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket." - Kin Hubbard Smile
These days with inflation some investment in properties would be wise; while you stay in the house the value too goes up.LOL
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:15am | IP Logged

WHAT THE f**k?! Angry

Best explained

Guess those are the house rules. I thought you can leave a standing order with your broker.
Most stock markets are not 24 hours except the currency market. IN currency markets they accept good till cancelled orders.

yeah I think so, I know abt good till cancelled orders, but my foolish brokerage house doesnt do them Clown
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:30am | IP Logged

WHAT THE f**k?! Angry

Best explained

yeah I think so, I know abt good till cancelled orders, but my foolish brokerage house doesnt do them Clown
Over here everything spoken on the phone is recorded so there is no controversy too. Guess with the Aussie flood the price of Steel and Coal are going to be squeezed upwards.
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 6:33am | IP Logged

WHAT THE f**k?! Angry

Best explained

Over here everything spoken on the phone is recorded so there is no controversy too. Guess with the Aussie flood the price of Steel and Coal are going to be squeezed upwards.

actually I use the online system although they allow us to place orders through phone. I thought you could have good till cancelled stop loss orders. anyway I guess it has its merits too. we get to change it as and when we like.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 6:37am | IP Logged

Hey Debs I watched the CID Episode 24April 2009 on Murders and Brides. It was interesting n the story was pretty twisted.LOL

Go to top