Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Chat 2 (Page 34)

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

@Naina: yeah I want another k3g too! I heard there might be a sequel :o :D although the grandiose sets and costumes were really important to the film, I thought the real achievement of k3g was in filling that enormity with really dramatic dialogues and awesome acting. Karan Johar knows how to ham it up.

Sequel? Really? I totally agree with you - the KJo's movies always have fabulous dialogues - the comic ones and the serious ones. And great actors are involved so the dialogue delivery makes them even better to listen to. KJo is simply brilliant.

I haven't seen MNIK, but I see that you and Dia seem to disagree.

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

Naww I like MNIK! There were some really powerful scenes. but I think it didn't do as amazingly at the box office as karan johar expected. He prolly thought he was gonna make the definitive movie on the terrorism and islamophobia issue and get lots of accolades. In fact I've read a report which says it didn't recoup it's costs :O

I think the film New York did a better job of showing all that than MNIK. Considering it was a KJo film, I was expecting a lot better so the film disappointed me. John was really good in New York and even the usually annoying Katrina was slightly less annoying than usual. That film had some great scenes and it had me in tears.

I have an iPod too but mine doesn't have internet access :(

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

debayon

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
MNIK was overrated! Sorry for butting in, but I don't understand how a man walks all the way to Florida from DC in the midst of the Katrina storm. And all of a sudden they jump from 9/11 to Hurricane Katrina?Confused Looks like somebody didn't do their homework

hindu4lyf

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Oye Lucky Lucky Oye. Please don't watch MNIK. It wasn't that bad of a film but there were bits where they really dragged the film. At one point I wanted to slap Mama Jenny. Why did they keep showing her?!

Nah Guzaarish wasn't an emotional film, a tinsy bit depressing but not enough to make someone cry. Well, it didn't make me cry anyway. I'll never forget K3G..it was the first Bollywood film that made me cry so much! 

@Xo: You might wanna skip Action Replay too. I heard it was almost as bad as TMK!

Edit: LOL @ waxy raaganROFL
This is why BB's are so much cooler, right Ajnu?Cool

Was OLLO good? I haven't seen it. K3G was brilliant ... nothing more to it.

Absolutely! BBs are awesome. ;-)
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Was OLLO good? I haven't seen it. K3G was brilliant ... nothing more to it.

Absolutely! BBs are awesome. ;-)
OLLO is a very serene type of comedy cum drama. I watched it a long time back, so can't recollect as much, but I enjoyed itBig smile BTW, does anyone know if Phass Gaya Obama is worth watching?
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
I agree MNIK wasn't perfect. It had flaws. But it is definitely worth a watch.

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
OLLO was good but again, not everyone's cup of tea. It's not the usual slapstick comedy which we've been seeing a lot of in Bollywood with films like TMKDeadI liked the witty dialogues so if you like that sort of a film, then go for it.

@Debu: Sorry I haven't even heard of the film? :S

debayon

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
Oh and Dia yesterday you asked what songs Kailash Kher came out with recently. His album Chaandan mein is kinda like his previous albums. But his major songs this year were Love Sex Aur Dhokha and Tu Nangi Achchhi Lagti Hai from LSd.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfdebayon

Go to top