India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Chat 2 (Page 130)

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
I am really pissed at the unnecessary criticism Daya is getting for JDJ...I hope he gets eliminated next...no need for him to be in such a rigged show. The channel only understands money, and the vulnerable audience goes for that, and doesn't look at the other variables involved. 

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:03pm | IP Logged
@hindu: Yeah, that's my big issue with India too. People see all the wrongs happening, but then they think, "Aam aadmi kya kar sakta hai?" Then they shrug it off and wait for something big to happen. Then it gets media hyped, but nothing happens. Just maybe a movie gets made on the issue, and people like you and I who live abroad really wonder and question why the people of India ignore things like this. Aam janta does actually care, and those who few who do care convince themselves that they have no power to do anything. 

The power of the masses can do so much. People just need to believe it. At first things will be hard and results will not be instant, but you have to start somewhere. Starting and failing even does have some significance and an impact. Government realizes that people will not tolerate injustice any longer, and aam janta will get inspired. 

I think even the Bollywood people need to do something besides making movies to evoke the masses of their power. Perhaps since they have the money and power, they can set up groups and sponsor events against certain injustices. They have stop one thing at a time. No way you can stop everything at once. Sadly though, majority of the people in Bollywood could care less about the janta's rights. They're making money, so they're happy. Even here, Hollywood people could donate their money to the government to help out SOME of the national debt, but who's going to do that? None of them.

Edited by tulipbaby53 - 12 January 2011 at 6:03pm
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Or drink some hot drinks or soup.

I drink hot chocolate when I'm cold in my house
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

I am really pissed at the unnecessary criticism Daya is getting for JDJ...I hope he gets eliminated next...no need for him to be in such a rigged show. The channel only understands money, and the vulnerable audience goes for that, and doesn't look at the other variables involved.

Yes frustrating
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Does that roughly translate to drooling over Salman? :P Don't you have any work to do? Or am I the only one having to catch up on work? :\

I just finished my winter class today, so i am free until next Tuesday. Then, I don't know what will happen to me!LOL

Jo bhi hoga accha hoga
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:07pm | IP Logged

Aww....I don't watch JDJ this season, but last season it was annoy that KSG kept being safe while other better dancers got in! Even the judges would almost openly tell the audience to not vote for him, but they would say, "bad dancers"! LOL
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Does that roughly translate to drooling over Salman? :P Don't you have any work to do? Or am I the only one having to catch up on work? :\

I just finished my winter class today, so i am free until next Tuesday. Then, I don't know what will happen to me!LOL

Jo bhi hoga accha hoga

No I mean, I start my Spring semester, so I don't know how free and relaxed I will be after that. LOL
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:09pm | IP Logged

Aww....I don't watch JDJ this season, but last season it was annoy that KSG kept being safe while other better dancers got in! Even the judges would almost openly tell the audience to not vote for him, but they would say, "bad dancers"! LOL
The problem I have with the concept is putting contestants with some experience against contestants with no experience....how the hell can you compare? Obviously, Daya looks like an amateur in front of people like Sushant. But Sushant's taken a jazz course in for 2-3 years from none other than Shaimak Davar.

Go to top