tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

ROFL 

OMG I knoww! 

It think it's cause I admin their page 

ohh okay ROFL i found only one pic for right now. it's not very good though! i have to go eat, but i'll try to look if i have time later. bye!
-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
ROFL 

Okay! cya! 
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
So I finally got a chance to watch No One Killed Jessica.
Both Vidya and Rani have done a great job-Vidya ruled the first half and there wasn't much of Rani before the interval and the second half was completely dominated by Rani Mukherjee. The direction was great too-I've seen Aamir as well and Raj Kumar Gupta is a really talented guy.

I liked the soundtrack and they didn't go overboard with too many songs. As a matter of fact they didn't even play all of 'aali re' and I was kinda looking forward to that. :\

I really liked the way the film starts with the comparison of Delhi and Mumbai. The candle light protest at India Gate made me a little teary-eyed. Watching the film reminded me of the kind of society we live in and how easy it can be for justice to be denied despite living in a so-called democratic country. Money, power, class and contacts mean so much in this world but they mean nothing if the general public decide to take a stand against it.

Only complaints? The film could've been a little shorter and it could've done without Rani's repetitive dialogues 'I know I'm a bitch..' lol

Watch out for the scene where one of the key witnesses comes for an audition.

I remember reading a review for this film and an important point was raised. The point that was raised is that in this case justice has been served but what about those thousands of pending cases in the country where there's been a gross miscarriage of justice? The question that we should then ask is 'who killed justice in India?' and that is exactly how I felt at the end of the film.

The film definitely deserves a round of applause. Wow this post is long!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aaliyah-tulipbaby53

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
Hey Dia! 
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
"The point that was raised is that in this case justice has been served but what about those thousands of pending cases in the country where there's been a gross miscarriage of justice?"

This is what I wondered to when I kept seeing the promos for the movie. Jessica's family did get their justice (in a sense), but there are 1000s more like her who have not. I hope it helps to change the future, but it will take more than just one movie to change the whole of society. India just needs to realize there are more of them than these politicians. If they put all their differences aside, they CAN change the future. Sadly enough though, people don't really care. They see movies like these and feel bad at the time, but then they shrug it off thinking, "Nothing I can do about.", but the truth is, the power of the masses CAN change things. It will take time, but it will happen because even these politicians fear the masses.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
Hey Simi and Tulip! :) what's up?

Tulip I've always believed in the power of the masses but sometimes I find myself questioning if it's enough to prevent injustice from occurring. Recently there were massive student protests in the UK in an attempt to prevent tuition fees from tripling but no matter how many people turned up, all the media coverage, people injuring themselves etc nothing could be done to stop the MP's from voting in favour of the rise. 

Nevertheless it was a great feeling seeing so many students came out on to the streets to protest even when there was a lot of snow and ice in the country.

Edited by hindu4lyf - 12 January 2011 at 5:19pm
-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
Nothing. Just chilling.. literally LOL

Go to top