Chat 2 (Page 101)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Dia Di, I think we should continue our conversation from yesterdayTongue

Which convo Debu?

The one about how Indian TV shows suck these days?

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 6:53pm | IP Logged

I think he might get eliminated this week....hope it's not true....Shekhar first!

Coming to Salman, well finally Yana takes initiative....all I'll say is that they deserved much better....the judges suck big time! And about your Salman, Remo changed the dance styleTongue

What happened?! Shocked

The judges are LAME
and please don't continue that conversation. LOL
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Dia Di, I think we should continue our conversation from yesterdayTongue

Which convo Debu?

The one about how Indian TV shows suck these days?
I'll quote my response.
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

I think he might get eliminated this week....hope it's not true....Shekhar first!

Coming to Salman, well finally Yana takes initiative....all I'll say is that they deserved much better....the judges suck big time! And about your Salman, Remo changed the dance styleTongue

What happened?! Shocked

The judges are LAME

No, I won't tell you anything more....it'd be like a spoilerTongue
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 6:56pm | IP Logged

Yes, I rememer watching Krishna Arjun...it wasn't exactly a 'detective series' per seLOL

CATS was the best...in fact, I have the title track of CATS. Yeah, sadly Kuljeet Randhawa and Nafisa Joseph commited suicide....Ouch

There were other reasonable detective shows on Indian TV too...starting from Byomkesh Bakshi to Avinash IPS, Raja aur Rancho etc...Star One was wonderfully in dishing out thrillers. Speical Squad, Guns and Roses, Siddhanth....and now look at it.

Krishna Arjun had a comic touch to it and they had good chemistry.
Never heard of byomkesh bakshi but dad used to watch Avinash and Siddhanth. Guns and Roses never interested me. I absolutely loved C.A.T.S though! 

There used to be a show on Zee TV called Lipstick..man that show gave me nightmares. It wasn't a detective series but it was scary as hell! It wasn't a typical saas bahu serial and it had Gauhar Khan's sister in it. (the one with the big scary eyes) and she when she found out the main actress (shweta salve) was pregnant she went and used black magic on her and using a voodoo doll she killed her child.OuchI wonder if it was just me that used to watch this show? It had a 11pm slot though so maybe not everyone watched it. 
Yeah, that's true....Bymokesh Bakshi was a DD show, back in the early 90's. I remember very little of Avinash, but I watched Siddhanth recently, and found it awesome! Aww, come on, Guns and Roses was pretty good, had a romantic touch to it too! Another show I liked was DON. Yep, CATS was awesome, I think it used to come on Sony.

Hmmm, Lipstick, never heard of it, but it sounds somewhat like Kahin Kisi Roz...speaking fof horror shows, sorry for the late reply, because I was watching an episode from Aahat Season 2. LOL Indian TV has changed for the worst. There are no more interesting shows on. Ouch Previously, there was Anhonee, X Zone, Zee Horror Show, Aahat etc...But the horror show that impacted me the most was a show called Achanak 37 Saal Baad. Boy, what a scary show, if ever there was one....too bad they don't have online videos onOuch And it's title track was scarier than X Zone's...

Ahh that brings back a lot of memories!
We never got DD here in the UK until a year or so ago and then they got rid of the channel again for some reasonConfused

I never watched Kahi Kisi Roz but the episodes that I did watch were of characters turning in to a snake or something? Indian TV actually used to be really good! Did you watch Koshish with Varun Badola and Sandhya Mridul? She ends up being deceived and betrayed by her in-laws in to marrying a guy who has the brain of a little child. Varun Badola's acting was SO good!ClapI've seen that show Bidaai and the guy who plays the same role Varun Badola did 10 years was no where near as good! I think while watching Zee Horrow Show I wasn't scared as such, but just totally grossed out by the stuff they used to show. I vaguely remember achanak 37 saal baad..I feel so old thinking about all these shows. It feels like they were aired a very long time ago.
Yeah, that's part of the reason why I fish out such shows: NostalgiaLOL

I never really followed Kahin Kisi Roz, but vaguely remember that there was this mothre-in-law(Sudha Chandran) who did black magic or something for some nefarious activities and the daughter in law(mother in law)became aware of it...something like that. Yeah, I've heard of Koshish, but never seen it. Yeah, Ramsay horror was never really freaky until X Zone came out. Yeah, me too, and I'm only 16LOL Achanak 37 Saal Baad was aired somewhere between 2002-2004 I think, very successful...I still remember the freaky title track it had....I recently found it and was overjoyedLOL
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:05pm | IP Logged

Yes, I rememer watching Krishna Arjun...it wasn't exactly a 'detective series' per seLOL

CATS was the best...in fact, I have the title track of CATS. Yeah, sadly Kuljeet Randhawa and Nafisa Joseph commited suicide....Ouch

There were other reasonable detective shows on Indian TV too...starting from Byomkesh Bakshi to Avinash IPS, Raja aur Rancho etc...Star One was wonderfully in dishing out thrillers. Speical Squad, Guns and Roses, Siddhanth....and now look at it.

Never heard of byomkesh bakshi but dad used to watch Avinash and Siddhanth. Guns and Roses never interested me. I absolutely loved C.A.T.S though! 

There used to be a show on Zee TV called Lipstick..man that show gave me nightmares. It wasn't a detective series but it was scary as hell! It wasn't a typical saas bahu serial and it had Gauhar Khan's sister in it. (the one with the big scary eyes) and she when she found out the main actress (shweta salve) was pregnant she went and used black magic on her and using a voodoo doll she killed her child.OuchI wonder if it was just me that used to watch this show? It had a 11pm slot though so maybe not everyone watched it. 
Yeah, that's true....Bymokesh Bakshi was a DD show, back in the early 90's. I remember very little of Avinash, but I watched Siddhanth recently, and found it awesome! Aww, come on, Guns and Roses was pretty good, had a romantic touch to it too! Another show I liked was DON. Yep, CATS was awesome, I think it used to come on Sony.

Hmmm, Lipstick, never heard of it, but it sounds somewhat like Kahin Kisi Roz...speaking fof horror shows, sorry for the late reply, because I was watching an episode from Aahat Season 2. LOL Indian TV has changed for the worst. There are no more interesting shows on. Ouch Previously, there was Anhonee, X Zone, Zee Horror Show, Aahat etc...But the horror show that impacted me the most was a show called Achanak 37 Saal Baad. Boy, what a scary show, if ever there was one....too bad they don't have online videos onOuch And it's title track was scarier than X Zone's...

We never got DD here in the UK until a year or so ago and then they got rid of the channel again for some reasonConfused

I never watched Kahi Kisi Roz but the episodes that I did watch were of characters turning in to a snake or something? Indian TV actually used to be really good! Did you watch Koshish with Varun Badola and Sandhya Mridul? She ends up being deceived and betrayed by her in-laws in to marrying a guy who has the brain of a little child. Varun Badola's acting was SO good!ClapI've seen that show Bidaai and the guy who plays the same role Varun Badola did 10 years was no where near as good! I think while watching Zee Horrow Show I wasn't scared as such, but just totally grossed out by the stuff they used to show. I vaguely remember achanak 37 saal baad..I feel so old thinking about all these shows. It feels like they were aired a very long time ago.

I never really followed Kahin Kisi Roz, but vaguely remember that there was this mothre-in-law(Sudha Chandran) who did black magic or something for some nefarious activities and the daughter in law(mother in law)became aware of it...something like that. Yeah, I've heard of Koshish, but never seen it. Yeah, Ramsay horror was never really freaky until X Zone came out. Yeah, me too, and I'm only 16LOL Achanak 37 Saal Baad was aired somewhere between 2002-2004 I think, very successful...I still remember the freaky title track it had....I recently found it and was overjoyedLOL

Didn't Sudhaji take part in JDJ? Considering the fact she only has one proper leg, she did a great job on the show. The younger generations sure missed out on some great shows. Mano Ya Na Mano is interesting too..some of the stories creeped me out. I think these kinda shows affect me more because they're based on real life stories. I think while I was leaving India there were about to show the new series of Mano Ya Na Mano and some new horror show that they kept advertising on Star One.

I'm a bit worried that you got excited over the sound track of a horror show.Stern Smile

Last year during Halloween all my friends went crazy and we watched a lot of scary movies. Scream wasn't one of the most scariest films made but I thought the film was genius! The way they put together all the cliched thoughts that people have while watching a scary film was interesting to watch. 
-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

What happened?! Shocked

The judges are LAME

No, I won't tell you anything more....it'd be like a spoilerTongue

NOOOOOOOOOO
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:14pm | IP Logged

Didn't Sudhaji take part in JDJ? Considering the fact she only has one proper leg, she did a great job on the show. The younger generations sure missed out on some great shows. Mano Ya Na Mano is interesting too..some of the stories creeped me out. I think these kinda shows affect me more because they're based on real life stories. I think while I was leaving India there were about to show the new series of Mano Ya Na Mano and some new horror show that they kept advertising on Star One.

I'm a bit worried that you got excited over the sound track of a horror show.Stern Smile

Last year during Halloween all my friends went crazy and we watched a lot of scary movies. Scream wasn't one of the most scariest films made but I thought the film was genius! The way they put together all the cliched thoughts that people have while watching a scary film was interesting to watch. 
Yes, she did, and even though she was trained in Bharatnatyam, her lack of a leg gave her a disadvantage. Yep, they surely did. Even if you look outside the realm of horror/thriller shows. I saw some of the episodes...more like watched it on and off...

Oh, you mean Ssshhhh Phir Koi Hai?Dead

I'm pretty sure you would too after listen to itLOL

Why is that crazy...that's ingeniousLOL Hmmm, Scream, never seen that, but I guess I watched the Japanese version of it...is it like some guy's killing off teenagers or something?

have you seen Kaun? If you think that Indian horror movies aren't scary, you are mistaken...I am not a fan of Urmila, but she did a fine job in that movie.Clap

Go to top