Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Yes, GMAT is a b-school entrance test. However, most grad schools will accept a GMAT in place of GRE; but b-schools rarely accept GRE in place of GMAT. Of course since GMAT is harder and much more expensive, if business is not at all an option, it makes sense to take GRE instead. I suggested GMAT because I know Ajnu's minor is in business.

And she likes to challenge herself. Right Ajnu 😛

Psshhht, so over that! I will definitely not be doing just a MBA by itself. If I do end up doing a MBA, it will be a dual-degree program like MHA/MBA. I think that will be better suitable for me.

As far as the bold is concerned, puh-leez, girl, I got over that LOOOOONG time ago! 😆
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Standardized testing isn't exactly my cup of tea either!  I am a biology major and a business management minor. Is GRE seriously going to be harder by then? That's so unfair! Every time its my turn, something stupid like this happens! 😆 I guess I will have to keep that in mind and take it before that. 😆

And that is really sweet of you - thanks in advance! :)

Well, are you applying for Fall admission to graduate school? Then I suggest just taking the GRE before the end of this month so that you will have your scores for the written part before the deadlines for graduate school. 
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Has anyone seen JDJ yet? How was it?

Mondays are my days over the holidays! I usually catch up on Koffee With Karan episodes - Rani and Vidya's episode was enjoyable! And Pretty Little Liars has a new episode tonight. :) And JDJ! I don't remember the last time I was keeping up with this many shows. 😆
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

Well, are you applying for Fall admission to graduate school? Then I suggest just taking the GRE before the end of this month so that you will have your scores for the written part before the deadlines for graduate school. 

Well, I don't think that's going to happen because deadlines are approaching soon. February 1st for the MPH program I was looking into. That's way too soon! So I will probably consider spring admission.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Psshhht, so over that! I will definitely not be doing just a MBA by itself. If I do end up doing a MBA, it will be a dual-degree program like MHA/MBA. I think that will be better suitable for me.

As far as the bold is concerned, puh-leez, girl, I got over that LOOOOONG time ago! 😆

@ Bold: That was a program I really liked b/c like you, I have taken tons of science classes, and I think this area would be interesting. I don't have any business knowledge though, so I didn't apply for that program.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Well, I don't think that's going to happen because deadlines are approaching soon. February 1st for the MPH program I was looking into. That's way too soon! So I will probably consider spring admission.

Oh okay, then just take the GRE before it changes! ðŸ˜† Take it in July...😆
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Has anyone seen JDJ yet? How was it?

Mondays are my days over the holidays! I usually catch up on Koffee With Karan episodes - Rani and Vidya's episode was enjoyable! And Pretty Little Liars has a new episode tonight. :) And JDJ! I don't remember the last time I was keeping up with this many shows. 😆

Yeah, I barely have time for DID, but I've heard from people on here that JDJ is good. ðŸ˜ƒ
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Tulip, I made time for Terrence! 😉 And JDJ, I've been watching, I just meant about today's episode. You should watch it when you get a chance. :)
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Tulip, I made time for Terrence! 😉 And JDJ, I've been watching, I just meant about today's episode. You should watch it when you get a chance. :)

TL isn't there this season! ðŸ¤” 

I tell myself I will, but I usually forget or don't have time. ðŸ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Yes, I did pick the science major. That's what my parents keep telling me to ... I've been asking myself why the hell am I so STUPID? I could've easily picked a social sciences major and walked through my undergraduate years as though it was a cake walk and graduated summa cum laude. All my non-science courses, no matter how difficult, have a perfect 4.0 GPA. Its the science courses that have made my life living hell. 😆

And I was not at all suggesting that MBA is a cakewalk. I know its far from that! I was just saying that it must be nice to feel as though grad school can be a party. I've told my parents that I will kill myself, but I refuse to do my Masters in Biology. I like Biology, but not enough to put myself through all that again!

That's precisely the reason why I did not take up science – it was too hard for me. I actually did better in my science subjects than social science in my SSC. However, it involved way too much effort for me. Thankfully, my parents did not throw a big fuss. Social sciences is not for everyone either. It's too subjective and abstract for some people. History dates also are tedious to a lot of people. Its supposed to be a left brain/right brain thing, I've heard. Science people tend to have an analytical/fact processing mind. Social science people have the abstract/big picture view mind. Did you ever do those aptitude test things in HS?

Nah, I didn't think you were suggesting MBA is a cakewalk. I just wanted to make sure I was not devaluing my own degree on the forums. I still want people to see MBA as a prestigious thing and not dilute it with my posts on the social life. 😉