Debate Mansion

Chat 2 - Page 74

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

I usually wait as well because I usually tell myself that I don't need the textbook. Then I end up buying it anyways "just in case" and not using it. Just yesterday, I asked my sister to bring me a textbook from my shelf (not to read, but just to use to write something on 😆), she came back and asked me if I had ever opened those science textbooks because they looks "so new". I told her to be quiet and mind her own business because I just take care of my books like that. I do take care of books like that even when I use them, but most of them look that nice because they haven't been used at all! 😆

Yes, this is the same thing with me! ðŸ˜† I buy it just in case, then I sell it if I don't think I need it for the future. ðŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Ajnu – if you do have to take graduate admissions test take the GMAT.  You kill two birds with one stone. With GMAT being the harder test, most grad schools will accept GMAT scores in place of the GRE.

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
^^ That depends on what she wants to do in graduate school
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Yes, GMAT is a b-school entrance test. However, most grad schools will accept a GMAT in place of GRE; but b-schools rarely accept GRE in place of GMAT. Of course since GMAT is harder and much more expensive, if business is not at all an option, it makes sense to take GRE instead. I suggested GMAT because I know Ajnu's minor is in business.

And she likes to challenge herself. Right Ajnu 😛

-Aaliyah- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Mommy I love your posts on that icky Salman thread 😃
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Simi_PagalLadki

Mommy I love your posts on that icky Salman thread 😃

who's this to? ðŸ˜†
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

Yes, GMAT is a b-school entrance test. However, most grad schools will accept a GMAT in place of GRE; but b-schools rarely accept GRE in place of GMAT. Of course since GMAT is harder and much more expensive, if business is not at all an option, it makes sense to take GRE instead. I suggested GMAT because I know Ajnu's minor is in business.

And she likes to challenge herself. Right Ajnu 😛

Yeah, even my mom kept telling to take the GMAT, but I told her it doesn't make sense for me to take it. I'll need at least a year to learn all the information for it.
-Aaliyah- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: tulipbaby53

who's this to? ðŸ˜†

to RTH! 
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

Hon, you picked the science major.

MBA is not a cakewalk for sure. At UW-Mad the classes are by no means easy and the passing bar is set really high. They do ride us hard on coursework. However, I'd say B-school really balances out education with fun. I think its going to be epic with a swarm of us going around in our red school fleeces.

Yes, I did pick the science major. That's what my parents keep telling me to ... I've been asking myself why the hell am I so STUPID? I could've easily picked a social sciences major and walked through my undergraduate years as though it was a cake walk and graduated summa cum laude. All my non-science courses, no matter how difficult, have a perfect 4.0 GPA. Its the science courses that have made my life living hell. 😆

And I was not at all suggesting that MBA is a cakewalk. I know its far from that! I was just saying that it must be nice to feel as though grad school can be a party. I've told my parents that I will kill myself, but I refuse to do my Masters in Biology. I like Biology, but not enough to put myself through all that again!
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tulipbaby53

well, i was mad actually b/c i'm HORRIBLE at standardized testings. i bought the Princeton book for the GRE, and i was studying so much for it, just to find out i don't need it! 

yeah, i was once premed too, and i realized halfway through that the MCAT is probably gonna murder me b/c i don't do well on standardized tests. i make good grades, but these stupid tests are hard for me. 

oh so you're a bio major? ðŸ˜ƒ that's my minor. i  LOVE bio! ðŸ˜† i think there is GRE subject test for bio, so you might also need to study for that. GRE is changing the format for the regular in August (it's going to be harder and longer). when i get home i can PM the book i used. since i realized i didn't need to take it, so i only used one book and this website. i'll PM you what all i did when i get home from college. 

Standardized testing isn't exactly my cup of tea either!  I am a biology major and a business management minor. Is GRE seriously going to be harder by then? That's so unfair! Every time its my turn, something stupid like this happens! 😆 I guess I will have to keep that in mind and take it before that. 😆

And that is really sweet of you - thanks in advance! :)