Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by return_to_hades

@Dia - I don't think I will ever try to be fully in the loop with whats going on with the Geet forum. Just get the birds eye view and fly over you know. 😉 I'll say this - I know some involved to be very protective of their celebs. I once had to deal with a situation where they took offense over some comments about a celeb. Had to fight with a CM back then to keep a topic open.

To be honest when you have a perspective it is hard to be unbiased. Its not easy to be fair. I've made judgment calls on DM which from another perspective would seem horribly wrong. Sometimes you have to forgive some mistakes. Its also harder when you have a lot of people who are young and really inexperienced. From an outsider perspective things look really different. That is why the switched the DMG DT to have mods who don't even watch the show. For me it almost appears like a kindergarten class with a bunch of kids going he said, she said. Sab ekse badhkar ek hai. KSG has his fans who take offense at the slightest things, but the other side also has people who go over the top to bash KSG. Once people remove the attachment they have to shows things get better.

One of my friends who went to school for sound engineering. He had an internship with a major record label and some of the tasks given were to moderate forums for some music celebs. He was literally pulling his hair out some days saying teenage girls are bunch of rabid dogs who should be caged and put in obedience school. 😆 

And noooooooooooo my three years was not in following DMG. In a certain bands most ardent fan groups I am known for pioneering the infamous couch and the cult of the believers. 😆 I was part of a group like GurTi, pure fantasy based, just for fun. The opposition camp thought we were delusional. The worst thing was that we the GurTi group were a bunch of the geekier people who loved arguing - so we would constantly disprove newspapers/articles mostly yellow press that supported the opposing theories. Basically it would be like proving GurMina is a lie and that the entire news media is lying in a big conspiracy too fool you because the truth is GurTi are together. Then people started taking it too seriously. Some of us were just doing it for fun - but a whole group of people was starting to really believe in GurTi like it was the absolute truth.  The GurMina group would pick on everything I said because I was on the other side even. Even though I was a moderator and it was not even half as bad as here I quit because the whole two groups at war was getting ridiculous to me. I'm actually still good friends with people on GurTi and GurMina groups for we go way back before the divide. Since then I've met three GurTi and three GurMina people. There is more drama though with the Finnish guy who makes IF MIDs seem like a piece of cake, some creepy UK guys, and all. 😆

I hope I did not bore you with that story.

That's like the total opposite of me. Once I find some interesting gossip then I make sure I find out everything that's gone on.😆Yeah, i'm sad like that. Hmm I wonder who you're referring to?

I think it was a great idea to change the DMG DT  and that too to mods that don't even watch the show haha. I do agree ki sab ek se badhkar ek hai. So much emotional attachment to a show or an actor can never be good. Reading some posts makes me think that some peoples entire lives revolve around a show or an actor. It's almost a bit scary seeing the extent to which people go to protect their favourite actors from any form of criticism/bashing. I mean I've seen people get angry about bashing but I was quite shocked when I saw people calling Sid an 'insane stupid dog' on the DMG forum. People clearly have nothing better to do with their lives.

I would've begun doubting your sanity if it was DMG that you'd been following for the past 3 years. 
Tbh I think that's all we were doing too-having a bit of fun. GurTi fans know very well that Gurmeet is getting married next month so he would end up with Debina unless of course he turns out to be like KSG. :P I think most GurTi fans have more fun listening to the mods and Gurminas have a go at us than from linking GurTi together.

On a side note..I never knew 'ununderstood' is actually a word? Guess you really do learn something new everyday!
Originally posted by old-black-joe

what happened? 😆

Just feeling irritable. Want to smack some people.

G'night Joe. You are going to bed early these days.

Just feeling irritable. Want to smack some people.

G'night Joe. You are going to bed early these days.

duuh how else will I learn about the stock market?

By staying up all night tracking global indexes and tickers. Pooling online resources to develop your own perfect prediction model and algorithm. Engaging in discussions whether BRIC funds are all what they are made out to be. Pondering the futures of the fuels markets. Finally demystifying futures trading. 

As

Old school was: buy low sell high
These days : the trend is your friend. Average up rather than average down.

I guess if one is not too greedy one should be fine.
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

That's like the total opposite of me. Once I find some interesting gossip then I make sure I find out everything that's gone on.😆Yeah, i'm sad like that. Hmm I wonder who you're referring to?

I think it was a great idea to change the DMG DT  and that too to mods that don't even watch the show haha. I do agree ki sab ek se badhkar ek hai. So much emotional attachment to a show or an actor can never be good. Reading some posts makes me think that some peoples entire lives revolve around a show or an actor. It's almost a bit scary seeing the extent to which people go to protect their favourite actors from any form of criticism/bashing. I mean I've seen people get angry about bashing but I was quite shocked when I saw people calling Sid an 'insane stupid dog' on the DMG forum. People clearly have nothing better to do with their lives.

I would've begun doubting your sanity if it was DMG that you'd been following for the past 3 years. 
Tbh I think that's all we were doing too-having a bit of fun. GurTi fans know very well that Gurmeet is getting married next month so he would end up with Debina unless of course he turns out to be like KSG. :P I think most GurTi fans have more fun listening to the mods and Gurminas have a go at us than from linking GurTi together.

On a side note..I never knew 'ununderstood' is actually a word? Guess you really do learn something new everyday!

Trust me the temptation to be in on all the gossip is there. I'm trying really hard to fight it. There was a time I would not even have bothered finding out more. But curiosity got hold of me. Especially when the nature of CC posts was so 'mysterious' and all those subtle references to you know who. 😆

Haha, I bet you know who I am referring to. Mums the word now. 😛

I don't get why people get so attached to shows, celebs and celeb couples. Honestly, I think Karan Sing Grover, Karan Wahi, Gurmeet, Debina, Drashti don't really give a rat's a$$ on which fans love them, which don't and who is saying what. As long as their show runs and they have daily bread. Why can't they all be like Harry Potter fans - and fantasy ship whoever and however they want to. Not sure about IF but thats one thing HP fandom has over Twilight fandom. There is no team Jacob/team Edward in HP fandom. Even when someone creates the crazy ships like Harry/Dumbledore no one gets bashed. Everyone knows its all fun.

When I was part  of a GurTi like group, the most fun part was how the other side got riled up. The more the other side protected their couple the more convincing arguments we made that reality was all a lie. It was all fun, people took it way too seriously and thought we were abusing reality. It always baffles me. If I have a fantasy ship in my mind how in the heck does it affect any real relationships or alter truth in anyway. Can't a person have their fantasies peacefully while you enjoy your realities?
Edited by return_to_hades - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Summer3

Old school was: buy low sell high
These days : the trend is your friend. Average up rather than average down.

I guess if one is not too greedy one should be fine.

Summer market trend has always played a key factor in stock markets.

Even with buy low sell high, you have to guesstimate when the lows and highs are and if it will go any lower/higher. Also the buy low sell high is a vary basic trading perspective. A lot of people invest in stocks and funds as long term securities.
Nothing like the thrill of a good old fashioned standardized test. Before I die, I want to take MCAT, LSAT, GRE everything that is out there.

Summer market trend has always played a key factor in stock markets.

Even with buy low sell high, you have to guesstimate when the lows and highs are and if it will go any lower/higher. Also the buy low sell high is a vary basic trading perspective. A lot of people invest in stocks and funds as long term securities.

Yes long term investment strategy and trading punts are two different things. Recent crash has seen the best names go down the drain. Fortunately some have managed to claw back.
It is best if we are not over geared as once there is a hiccup the margin calls set in and more panic starts.
Luck too plays a part at times but we cannot depend on it all the time.
Hope Joe is doing good.Edited by Summer3 - 13 years ago
*edit*

IF can be so weird at times.
Edited by hindu4lyf - 13 years ago