Debate Mansion

Chat 2

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 31 December 2010 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by blue-ice

good part of Mumbai mein...kya garmi nahi hoti hai, ya baarish nahi hoti hai ya powercut nahi hota hai...

Sweltering heat and heavy rains yes. Power cuts nope. Power cut starts occuring beyond Mumbai district, i.e. from Thane and Navi Mumbai and the no. of hours of power outage progressively increases with the increase in distance from Mumbai district. Only place within Mumbai where power cut happens is Mulund, but then it is almost Thane district.
Sweltering heat !!! Mumbai!!! where are you from Chuna bhatti!!..... Mumbai never has sweltering heat.. it  has humidity... with pollution that makes it horrible for many crowded areas of mumbai!!..For sweltering heat visit nearby Pune of far end Nagpur.... Mumbai temperature seldom rises... 

Like New york, mumbai is best place in the world!!

Edited by qwertyesque - 31 December 2010 at 6:44pm

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 12:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

good part of Mumbai mein...kya garmi nahi hoti hai, ya baarish nahi hoti hai ya powercut nahi hota hai...

Sweltering heat and heavy rains yes. Power cuts nope. Power cut starts occuring beyond Mumbai district, i.e. from Thane and Navi Mumbai and the no. of hours of power outage progressively increases with the increase in distance from Mumbai district. Only place within Mumbai where power cut happens is Mulund, but then it is almost Thane district.
Sweltering heat !!! Mumbai!!! where are you from Chuna bhatti!!..... Mumbai never has sweltering heat.. it  has humidity... with pollution that makes it horrible for many crowded areas of mumbai!!..For sweltering heat visit nearby Pune of far end Nagpur.... Mumbai temperature seldom rises... 

Temperature hovers around 35 degree C even though I don't live in Chunabhatti, that's quite hot for me.
And I've lived in Nagpur and also been to Pune.

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 7:20pm | IP Logged

Temperature hovers around 35 degree C even though I don't live in Chunabhatti, that's quite hot for me.

35!!!  Again dont know which part of mumbai you are referring to.. mumbai has an average temperature of just around 30's may be sometimes its gone upto 33 or so.. anyways...i still wouldn't call for use of  sweltering heat for mumbai...wonder what chosen words you have for temperatures of pune and nagpur :)
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 7:31pm | IP Logged

35!! I have known it to hover around 30!! but anyways..something could have impacted it like global warming and what not.... i cant say where you get these numbers from..i dont expect people to be precise in choice of words.. so thats ok
souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged

35!!!  Again dont know which part of mumbai you are referring to.. mumbai has an average temperature of just around 30's may be sometimes its gone upto 33 or so.. anyways...i still wouldn't call for use of  sweltering heat for mumbai...wonder what chosen words you have for temperatures of pune and nagpur :)

35!! I have known it to hover around 30!! but anyways..something could have impacted it like global warming and what not.... i cant say where you get these numbers from..i dont expect people to be precise in choice of words.. so thats ok

Sweltering hot means uncomfortably hot. I find Mumbai to be uncomfortably hot during summers because of the temperature and the humidity. If you find it comfortable, good for you.

And that 33 degrees, you pulled that out from Wikipedia I guess. But you failed to notice that it's the average high temperature. Key word is average. It might go 2 or 3 degrees up some days and 2 or 3 degrees lower on other days.
One more thing, temperature in Mumbai is measured at two place. Colaba and Santacruz. Colaba temperature in summer is always about 1-2 degrees lower than Santacruz temperatures because of the sea breeze. But unless someone lives by the sea, it's the Santacruz temperature which really counts for them (although for official purposes it's the Colaba temerature that is considered).

Anyways, before you go on, please remember that my post was about power cuts and not about temperature and what adjectives we can or cannot use.

Edited by souro - 02 January 2011 at 1:00pm
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged

Sweltering hot means uncomfortably hot. I find Mumbai to be uncomfortably hot during summers because of the temperature and the humidity. If you find it comfortable, good for you.

And that 33 degrees, you pulled that out from Wikipedia I guess. But you failed to notice that it's the average high temperature. Key word is average. It might go 2 or 3 degrees up some days and 2 or 3 degrees lower on other days.
One more thing, temperature in Mumbai is measured at two place. Colaba and Santacruz. Colaba temperature in summer is always about 1-2 degrees lower than Santacruz temperatures because of the sea breeze. But unless someone lives by the sea, it's the Santacruz temperature which really counts for them (although for official purposes it's the Colaba temerature that is considered).

Anyways, before you go on, please remember that my post was about power cuts and not about temperature and what adjectives we can or cannot use.

see thats whats happens... looks like you are a migrant to mumbai... Suburbs feel hotter cos of pollution..and generally are more crowded.. and i said 30 degrees not 33.. so the average goes to 32-33 not 35 again i agree the keyword is average//..so much for your  wikipedia.. . Agreed that you can find it uncomfortable.. but all I am saying is its not the heat - its always the humidity and pollution.. btw just out of curiosity where is it do you find.it. hot..Mumbai is never classified as hot - nagpur and pune chennai, calcutta delhi are!!! bangalore, mumbai  arent!  if you arent used to humidity even 28 degrees can be painful in the suburbs!!
BelleFemme IF-Rockerz

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
How is the Last Supper related to heat wavesLOL
Well the heat and humidity in Chennai is pretty bad too, but I thought Delhi in Summer was unbearable.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwertyesqueglace-bleue

Go to top