Pratigya

India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

Pratigya : Hypocrisy personified (Page 7)

shumi. IF-Sizzlerz
shumi.
shumi.

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Madmadgirl

After today's episode P and her stoopid excuse of a sister both need ek kataap ghumaike.....

today Pji aka pratigyaji was treating krishna as a puppet....girrrrrrrAngry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

carisma2

Aeryn Goldie
Aeryn
Aeryn

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
WoW Kools what a way to come back!! Wonderful post dear bravoClap It's good to see you here. You've said it all, I madly enjoyed reading your posts!!! Thank you.

At least CVs are consistent regarding Pratigya's character. I always thought she was hypocrisy personified. On the other hand they have butchered the Thakurs so much they're almost unrecognizable. They did it to glorify IG Mathur and now they're doing it again for sax girls Dead

I fully agree with you that if CVs have the guts to show strong social issues such as domestic violence, bigamy, rape etc. then they should go all the way and show the ugly truth too.

Aarushi marrying for teaching her big sis a lesson was the height of stupidity -- I have no word for it. Look I'm not condoning rape and I know you're not either. What I think some people don't understand is that we just want CVs to be bold and dare show the reality - that in such a case where a gal like Aarushi willingly marries a guy like Shakti (a rapist, wife beater, child murderer) there's no way she'll be able to walk out head held high still a virgin!!!! Like it or not I don't think we can deny this fact.

I don't understand why CVs are hell bent on sparing the Saxes? Why should they be spared?

Kools I hope I'll see you around here more often. Again thank you for stating the blunt truth.

BTW Kools are you still watching the serial or are you keeping yourself updated through LUD?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

damon_bitemelunza--Hope--carisma2

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Aeryn ...........so good to see u replying dear
I do watch it off and on . And i appreciate u understanding that I dont condone rape or enjoy seeing it .I wish merely to point out that CVS show Kesar being raped ....then why not show the one who really wud be in real life for being so foolhardy ?

lighthousepierAeryn--Hope--carisma2

Aeryn Goldie
Aeryn
Aeryn

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

Aeryn ...........so good to see u replying dear
I do watch it off and on . And i appreciate u understanding that I dont condone rape or enjoy seeing it .I wish merely to point out that CVS show Kesar being raped ....then why not show the one who really wud be in real life for being so foolhardy ?

Me I just keep myself updated with LUD but do watch the UK telecast epis somewhat regularly. I do because watching the characters' expressions and tone of voice help to better understand their motivations....So I'm still 3 weeks back but in no hurry to catch up -- have just watched some 'new epis' scenes which sounded interesting or were needed for me to better define my opinion....

I don't know why they only show Kesar being raped...Was this scene there because the next track will have Kesar being pregnant again in it?

Is Aarushi spared because CVs don't want prats to appear as a bad sister who didn't do anything or wasn't successful in saving her little sis? Is it just to glorify prats some more by telling us 'look prats is a great sister who despite the distateful way Aarushi behaved still was able to look over it, save her and forgive her? But then what about Kesar? Shouldn't the ever righteous pratigya be upset over the plight of the one she refers to as didi? That too a plight which was inflicted by her OWN! Shouldn't she be feeling shameful and vow to give justice to the one who really deserve it? Instead what we saw was a pratigya more work up over the fact that her little sis lost confidence in her, wasn't ready to listen to her words as truth and only truth than the plight of Kesar who had to witness her husband being snatch by her young sis!! How disgusting Dead I was really appalled by her attitude towards Kesar...

damon_biteme--Hope--a_umakoolsadhu1000

damon_biteme Goldie
damon_biteme
damon_biteme

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthousepier

Kools,

I agree 100%.  Why isn't Kesar being dragged to the police station by Pratigya to launch a complaint about the bigamy (its much easier to prove and she cannot simply claim to be mistaken later).   You can bet if Shakti had married a different second wife the matter would not have rested.

In fact I would not even characterize Arushi sleeping with Shakti as punishment - she married him of her own free will and despite everyone else's protests.  What did she think happened after you get married?  Clearly none of the Sax siblings received the birds and the bees talk at home - because each one believes marriage for revenge minus sex with your spouse is an acceptable option (and none believed that a person who holds such views owes their spouse some kind of heads up signal about their intentions before getting to the mandap).

Kesar was raped because Arushi's virginity was kept intact!!!  Despite the pain and humiliation involved her husband taking on a second wife she did not even get a reprieve in the bedroom.  I have said it in another post - if Arushi is going to try and kill herself anyway the least she can do is sleep with Shakti first since she is the one who led him down this horny path.

Right now thanks to the sax siblings none of the Thakurs are getting any - except Khrishna when he is being a good little boy and learning his lessons nicely

Light

loved your post. The last line made me LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepier--Hope--

damon_biteme Goldie
damon_biteme
damon_biteme

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by starlight123

There is no hope in this serial for the Saxes to admit their mistakes as there is always some justification to their sufferings.  Nor are they going the make Saxes learn something from uneducated people as the education class knows better.  All his kids married for revenge and it goes to show that as a father he has not instilled any values into their kids.  No one would want their child married into a family where they think marriage is a joke and game.  Personally, they've made a mockery from the institution of  marriage and for those who live through difficult marriages in reality, its a slap in the face.

Even Ekta Kapoor who shows everything from pre-marital affairs to extra marital affairs dares to does show that most people marry for some or the other positive reaon like love, compatibility, if it is an arranged marraiage then it is for getting a good bahu . In this drama marraige has been associated with negativity like anger, hatred, revenge. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepier--Hope--

elle45 Goldie
elle45
elle45

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Binny1247

According to me there should be consequences for Arushi;s actions not necessarily rape though in reality KN would have taken care of this by now but some sort of punishment for her rash decisions why should she get off scott free not only has she committed bigamy but has also ruined Kesar's life in the process !!!

I'd like to ask a question here... And I really dont know the answer to this:

Is it considered rape when a girl willingly marries a guy, but point blank refuses any intimacy with him? I understand Kesar's situation, coz she hasnt always refused Shakti, and when she did, he forced her. But Im confused about Arushi's situation.
Isnt it cruelty to the guy also to refuse to consummate the marriage even once? If he wants to, will that still be called an attempt to rape?

Im asking this question seriously, with no attempts at any sarcasm towards any character.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepier

damon_biteme Goldie
damon_biteme
damon_biteme

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by elle45

Originally posted by Binny1247

I'd like to ask a question here... And I really dont know the answer to this:

Is it considered rape when a girl willingly marries a guy, but point blank refuses any intimacy with him? I understand Kesar's situation, coz she hasnt always refused Shakti, and when she did, he forced her. But Im confused about Arushi's situation.
Isnt it cruelty to the guy also to refuse to consummate the marriage even once? If he wants to, will that still be called an attempt to rape?

Im asking this question seriously, with no attempts at any sarcasm towards any character.

Elle nice question. in a marraige if the husband forces himself on an unwilling wife it is marital rape like in the case of Kesar but if she refuses to consummate for eternity then it is different case.  Pratigya did the same thing married baba but denied any physical intimacy and when he tried to force himself on her . headlines said marital rape as it was not Prats perogative to look into the physical needs of Krishna as he forced the marriage upon her which i don't believe. But the same can't be said about Aarushi. She married Shakti out of choice and now she is trying to aviod any physical intimacies with Shakti(i really don't have time for such a t**ser) again ignoring other partners needs. Aadarsh did the same thing .I really don't understand the thought process behind this marraige for revenge or out of spitre. What do these Sucksena siblings think about marraiage just makes me wonder.

But coming to your question I believe physical intimacy  is a very important aspect of a marraige and refusing to consummate marriage is evil. So if one partner wants it and the other is not ready to comply with it for eternity the best way out is divorce the person and find some one else. Infact on those grounds you can be granted divorce quite easily.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepierelle45Aeryn--Hope--koolsadhu1000

Go to top