Pratigya

India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

Pratigya : Hypocrisy personified (Page 2)

corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
you make a lotta sound points and that is undeniable....

the punishments you suggest however are ridiculous

As a woman, I could never condone or wish rape on another woman (character or otherwise) or the physical chastisement of a woman at the hands of a man - that is plain lame not to mention setting real women empowerment back some years......

I have no idea if you are a male or female, but if you are of the female persuasion, i would urge you to rethink the punishment ideas....it isn't a good message to give out IMHO

Finally, I'd like to point out that this is supposed to be entertainment - if you don't like it - you can abstain - it may be thought provoking to some,  trash to others, but it gets people talking and discussing.

Surely the show does not have a responsible to be "real" why??

I'd watch documentaries for that......I don't learn from soaps and am pretty sure no one with a few working  brain cells would.<<pray>>

Its far fetched, at times nonsensical, very often annoying, but utter fiction nevertheless, and cannot be taken seriously Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

a_umaloveanime_charu_hussainramsoMitu_....Poojie....

carisma2 IF-Stunnerz
carisma2
carisma2

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

Originally posted by carisma2

YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL - lovely post and much needed - Thank you. It's just a shame - when we make post's rearding Pratigya's behaviour - some people come along and classify it as Pratigya bashing. She really had me fuming yesterday.

I read it . U must ignore . When arguments start threads get closed down .So best is to reply only to like minded people who echo your thoughts .Those who dont agree , simply leave those posts .That way thread continues .
true i just send them a sign like this one Sleepy. hehehehhe. yah true no point wasting good energy.
buh your post was a reviver - lubbed it yaar.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mitu_

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
 have no idea if you are a male or female, but if you are of the female persuasion, i would urge you to rethink the punishment ideas....it isn't a good message to give out IMHO
What is NOT a good message to give out is showing that ladies can be this foolhardy and get away with it so self righteously like Pratigya and Arushi .
Who condones rape ? Not me ! Nor u or anyone .But what I felt was if some reality is shown with these TV characters ...........many innocent young gals , brimming with spirit and idolising TV characters like Pratigya will think twice before they copy such foolish things .The actress Pooja Gor herself admitted that some gals decided to deal with eveteasing like Pratigya did .  U see , Viewers r very naive and believe fiction .

It is awful to enter marraige with purposes like teaching lessons or showing family members spite .

This show did show awful reality ..the blackening of face , domestic violence , Kesar's marital rape , abortions etc .So why not show some more to warn people of the real consequences such a foolish action would merit .

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Krishna_krishnadamon_bitemeAeryn--Hope--a_uma_charu_shumi.unknown18

frockstar Senior Member
frockstar
frockstar

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
well written.....

is there any ay this can be sent to the creatives?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolsadhu1000

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Very nice post Kools. Watched the serial on and off when at home, and boy oh boy, I was extremely put off.

Pratigya is such a put-off. I mean, the way she even talks to her own husband, her self-righteous i-know-it-all manner is so irritating to watch. And so is her sister.

Krishna was a good character, but they ruined him completely. The spark is gone.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Krishna_krishnaAeryngawker--Hope--a_umashumi.unknown18

unknown18 IF-Sizzlerz
unknown18
unknown18

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 6:37pm | IP Logged
Maybe today TV can send a good message to viewers by showing a bold track of Arushi paying for her childish mistakes.

Some ppl might think that this wud hav a negative impact and its not a moral thing to show etc. I agree its not moral to show rape or something but if there was a situation like this in life, Arushi wud hav lost her virginity long back. Phir rooti saari zindagi. Maybe by showing this bold track, the viewers will start thinking abt these kinds of childish decisions. By showing that Arushi gets out of this situation as a virgin and harmless, it will hav a more negative impact as ppl will think they can fight these kinds of situations easily, created by themselves. Its not that easy in real life!! Show that!! Its easier to show a harsh reality on TV than to endure it urself. Show the reality on TV so that ppl dont such hasty and stupid decisions.

Pratigya showed a lot of good and real social issues but it failed to solve them. I guess it was not their responsibility....

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Krishna_krishnalighthousepierelle45AerynMili27

Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Kudos to you for your bold and forthright views. I am actually a little confused about how to classify Pratigya. Is she the true representative of the hypocritical middle class morality or is she one helluva clever woman. Is she a super smart manipulative lady who guages the weaknesses of the people she deals with and gets them do her bidding by pulling a few strings. If we do away with all simplistic explanations, I would go as far as to say that P is a woman who is aware of her powers and uses her wiles to get what she wants in life. Other people(non Saxena ones) and their feelings be damned. It's always her way or the highway.A true rep. of a 21st century woman. Wotsay?

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Krishna_krishnalighthousepierelle45Aeryndamon_bitemegawker--Hope--a_umashumi.koolsadhu1000carisma2

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mili97

Kudos to you for your bold and forthright views. I am actually a little confused about how to classify Pratigya. Is she the true representative of the hypocritical middle class morality or is she one helluva clever woman. Is she a super smart manipulative lady who guages the weaknesses of the people she deals with and gets them do her bidding by pulling a few strings. If we do away with all simplistic explanations, I would go as far as to say that P is a woman who is aware of her powers and uses her wiles to get what she wants in life. Other people(non Saxena ones) and their feelings be damned. It's always her way or the highway.A true rep. of a 21st century woman. Wotsay?

I agree with u . She is the representative of a selfish breed of women who are vain and egoistic ......as u said ....My way or the highway . I honestly dont like her senseless glorification by this serial ....it must show off and on that Pratigya is pulled up for her mistakes

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Krishna_krishnalighthousepierAerynMili27damon_biteme--Hope--shumi.carisma2

Go to top