Pratigya

India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

Pratigya : Hypocrisy personified (Page 12)

Aeryn Goldie
Aeryn
Aeryn

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by damon_biteme

As far as her walking out on the marriage goes well every person has the right to walk out of a marriage when he/she is not happy but what do can u say if you have walked into that mess with your eyes fully open. Was she not aware of the fact that she would be unhappy there. Was she unaware the nature of the Thakurs. Did anyone decieve her into the alliance. So why she acting as a martyr. How can that 'I AM ALWAYS CORRECT' Pratigya convincing others that it was a mistake and we should forgive her. Mistakes are done unknowningly what Aarushi did was scheming. She signed up for this marraige intentionally with a ploy to make Prat's life miserable so her whole act is more than a mistake. She cut her nose to spite her face and I am sorry to say such people have to pay a price for that.

Damon (strange to call you damon now I was used to KC Tongue), you have brought up the point which I wanted to make.

Some forum members have said that a woman should have the right to walk out if she's unhappy. I agree to some extents. If the girl marries with the full intention of honoring her marriage, give it a chance and if unfortunately despite all her efforts it doesn't work then yes I agree she can seek divorce.

Lekin IMO Aarushi's case is different. Aarushi walked into this alliance with no intention whatsoever of honoring it. She did it simply to SPITE her sis as Kools said. She took the institution of marriage as her playground and THAT I don't agree with. Marriage should not become a child's play.

So Aarushi going scot free (as the new article seems to imply) is completely unacceptable to me.
Shakti has a point: whether she realised her 'mistake' or not she has to live with her decision. If she ends up being forced to return in TN as Shakti's wife I won't feel sorry for her. Now maybe it's not the best solution and I personally would want her to be sentenced with jail but either way I want her to be punished and I think she fully deserves it.

@YM di - concerning your position that YKW didn't deprive S of consummation of their marriage (purposely), I respectfully disagree. Yes the first night if S had not been drunk then they would have had their SR but simply because teeny twit, foolish as she is, didn't think of any way of escape but certainly not because she wanted it. Then there has been many occasions where she has actively done her max to prevent any kind of physical relationship between them. So IMO she never had any intention of fulfilling her marital duties -- she never was comitted to this marriage.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepierdamon_biteme...Binny...koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
I totally agree with Aeryn . I especially dislike Pratigya's hypocrisy in saying MY SISTER DID A MISTAKE . She had shown no sympathy for JAI"S MISTAKE although he and Arushi r of same age group . And mind u , it was NONE OF HER BUSINESS . I mean , Adarsh was FINe with it , it was totally HIS prerogative , HIS CALL , whether to forgive or nOT . Yet she had gone to that IG's house where she was unwelcome to give her oversmart unwanted opinions .Even Shamu had been rattled , he was badly trying to suck up to the IG and didn't really appreciate her tactless rigidity . Dear old chaalu Shamu .LOL
Why shud one sassy teenager be forgiven and one shudn't ?

She has not given any moment of happiness to her husband .

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepierAeryndamon_biteme...Binny..._charu_

Aeryn Goldie
Aeryn
Aeryn

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
Kools,

Prats did protest against Jai's freedom but it was a very weak, token protest. She was hypocrite in this case too because in the end she relented pretty quickly to her family's wish without so much fight (a 'chup' from nainaji did it) and later she even justified Adarsh's stance by saying he's done as his duty as a brother.....but I do get your point that initially she refused to label Jai's deed as 'mistake' but still.....

Prats is irritating me big time!!! and I thought 'papa dearest in jail' track was the most infuriating one of MKAP....this one is coming close...She not only said Aarushi did a mistake...all throughout this track she has kept harping about how she can't watch her sis being wrongedAngry She refused to acknowledge her sis responsibility in all this mess!! Listening to her it seems it's all Shakti's fault despite the fact it was teeny twit who dragged him to the altar AngryAngry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepierelle45

koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 3:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aeryn

Kools,

Prats did protest against Jai's freedom but it was a very weak, token protest. She was hypocrite in this case too because in the end she relented pretty quickly to her family's wish without so much fight (a 'chup' from nainaji did it) and later she even justified Adarsh's stance by saying he's done as his duty as a brother.....but I do get your point that initially she refused to label Jai's deed as 'mistake' but still.....

Prats is irritating me big time!!! and I thought 'papa dearest in jail' track was the most infuriating one of MKAP....this one is coming close...She not only said Aarushi did a mistake...all throughout this track she has kept harping about how she can't watch her sis being wrongedAngry She refused to acknowledge her sis responsibility in all this mess!! Listening to her it seems it's all Shakti's fault despite the fact it was teeny twit who dragged him to the altar AngryAngry

What angers me is showing the Sax sisters getting away with it all the time.  Each and every mistake of the Sax family is 'forgivable' .

Marrying GUNDAS with eyes open is what BOTH the Sax sisters did . Thats what it really boils down to . The message in this show was GUNDAS can be tamed with sex . So its perfectly ok to do that . Go on , marry GUndas and tame them with sex and this is supposed to be an achievement for women ............HOW RIDICULOUS is that ? Krishna was tamed by witholding sex , and Shakti was on the border of becoming one ............see the treatment he gave to Arusiya as compared to Kesar . He praised her food , her looks , everything .

So why is the education thing harped on then in the serial ? It honestly plays no significant role as such ............Pratigya shamelessly freeloads off that very man she abhors and whose corrupt ways r against the so called principles of her father Shamu . Neither has it been shown that education plays an important role in helping to thaw the Thakur family on an emotional level as it enables Pratigya to understand them better .

Education ko maro goli , its good old sex that Works and does the trick is the message . And so in this sense why is Pratigya are Arushi any different from any GAAV WAALI who is ANPADH ? Even Anpadh women use sex as a tool to get what they want after judging that their husbands r nOT like shakti ! In fact they have better common sense to scurry away if their husbands r abusers . They know where to draw the line and r never foolhardy .

Both the daughters of Professor married GUNDAS . Vol;untarily . So how come they r the victims ? Why do they need being 'SAVED" ?

The GUNDA family meanwhile was fine till they came along . A most dysfunctional family , but they were getting along just fine . Their lives were disrupted and thrown in a turmoil by this woman who did nothing but fight fight and fight with them from day one . Neither did she give their son peace , nor did she like their ways .

Yet she continued living there to freeload . Her Father obviously likes to preach principles from afar .....he is not so keen on taking responsibility however  moneywise . He cleverly gives his daughter ideas from afar and insists she freeload from there only ...inspite of the BLACKENING . At that point his double faced dialogues r .......AAKHIR WOH TUMHARA SASURAL HAI . So Sasural is for freeloading , using it as a base for sex and sleeping and waltzing off to the maayka to solve maayka problems after the husband is in the pocket and willing to give u a ride to ur maayka on his bike .

And THIS is a fight for justice and woman empowerment . WOW . Then why the hell r normal viewers feeling more sorry for the Thakurs at this point and not for the SAx sisters ? Any answer to THAT one ?

devila10lighthousepierAeryndamon_biteme_charu_

corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

Originally posted by Aeryn

Kools,

What angers me is showing the Sax sisters getting away with it all the time.  Each and every mistake of the Sax family is 'forgivable' . Remember the Pratster is a consistent annoying nepotistic nutcase!

Marrying GUNDAS with eyes open is what BOTH the Sax sisters did . Thats what it really boils down to . The message in this show was GUNDAS can be tamed with sex . So its perfectly ok to do that . Go on , marry GUndas and tame them with sex and this is supposed to be an achievement for women ............HOW RIDICULOUS is that ? Krishna was tamed by witholding sex , and Shakti was on the border of becoming one ............see the treatment he gave to Arusiya as compared to Kesar . He praised her food , her looks , everything .

Awww that's a tad too harsh.....I wouldnt say K was tamed by lack of sex - he had many an opportunity for that but made it clear it wasnt sex he was after - it was her love and for that he had to earn it - this much is true. See the difference here actually is not about sex at all - even Shakti knows that whenever he wanted sex he could get it one way or other (paid or unpaid) the difference is Shakti is actually attracted to YKW, may even in his own delusional way think he loves her and you know what he prolly does compared to any other woman ever in his life! He certainly never loved Kesar and continues to despise her and consider her a blot on his life - idiot!

In both their cases, the men want these girls to actually LIKE them and come to love them, THAT is why they are trying so hard, and also the reason why these girls have been allowed to get away with so much! 

So why is the education thing harped on then in the serial ? It honestly plays no significant role as such ............Pratigya shamelessly freeloads off that very man she abhors and whose corrupt ways r against the so called principles of her father Shamu . Neither has it been shown that education plays an important role in helping to thaw the Thakur family on an emotional level as it enables Pratigya to understand them better .

Education is what separates the two families, but it is a red herring in every other way, and at worse a stick that allows the Saxes to beat the Thakurs with in the same way the Thakurs can use their wealth to beat the Thakurs with, as and when they have been so minded.

Education ko maro goli , its good old sex that Works and does the trick is the message . And so in this sense why is Pratigya are Arushi any different from any GAAV WAALI who is ANPADH ? Even Anpadh women use sex as a tool to get what they want after judging that their husbands r nOT like shakti ! In fact they have better common sense to scurry away if their husbands r abusers . They know where to draw the line and r never foolhardy .

Awwww, you are too harsh, but to be honest all wives know the ways of how to get round their husbands!Wink Its the end result that counts - not the means!!!!!LOLLOL It's not so much that they are using sex as a tool, more that they know they have the capacity to affect because they are loved and wanted.

Both the daughters of Professor married GUNDAS . Vol;untarily . So how come they r the victims ? Why do they need being 'SAVED" ? I dont think the Pratster wants to be saved !!!!!

The GUNDA family meanwhile was fine till they came along . A most dysfunctional family , but they were getting along just fine . Their lives were disrupted and thrown in a turmoil by this woman who did nothing but fight fight and fight with them from day one . Neither did she give their son peace , nor did she like their ways .

I dont feel that sorry for them - calling them dysfuntional is a much underrated word to describe them as tyrannical, misogynistic and an utterly controlling family. Having made women like Kesar suffer pretty much all her married life and no doubt Amma too in her early days if not Dadi in her time too, I have no problem in such a dysfuntional family landing an obstinate fine character of a woman(!) as a bahu inn the form of the Pratster...they soooo deserve her as moral retribution!!!

Yet she continued living there to freeload . Arre uska sasural hai yaar, kisi ka ghar thodi na hai???LOLLOL

Her Father obviously likes to preach principles from afar .....he is not so keen on taking responsibility however  moneywise . He cleverly gives his daughter ideas from afar and insists she freeload from there only ...inspite of the BLACKENING . At that point his double faced dialogues r .......AAKHIR WOH TUMHARA SASURAL HAI . So Sasural is for freeloading , using it as a base for sex and sleeping and waltzing off to the maayka to solve maayka problems after the husband is in the pocket and willing to give u a ride to ur maayka on his bike . Exactly!!!!!!ROFL

And THIS is a fight for justice and woman empowerment . WOW . Then why the hell r normal viewers feeling more sorry for the Thakurs at this point and not for the SAx sisters ? Any answer to THAT one ?  Like I said the Pratster is an annoying prig, but I dont feel that sorry for the Thakurs either - believe me if anyone can deal with it - they can. If I feel sorry for anyone to be honest its K - he has been left shafted and must wonder who the hell he is sometimes - I think his Dad said it all when he called him Krishna Pratigya Singh.....right on the headClap

Hey Kools!

I have to congratulate you on the fact that this thread is still going!!!! IT JUST SHOWS your topic hit a nerve with many fans here who are disgruntled and I seriously hope the people known as CVs (debateable at times, I KNOW!) actually read this post to guage the feelings of many MKAP die hards. Nice one!ClapThumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 5:40am | IP Logged
madmadgirl .......
Thanks for ur congrats , but the success of this thread only shows how pissed the viewers r with whats being shown in MKAP currently .Unfortunately the CVS dont read us enough .
I agree with most of ur points but 3 ..................
About Prats freeloading ...........The 'its her sasural ' excuse .  Look , when a woman attempts to jail her sasural members , constantly lectures them on the type of people they are and toots the horn of her Father's principles all along , its makes no sense to show that she hates everything about them but is ok with eating their food , especially when her husbad isnt earning anything and contributing towards the income . The least they cud have shown was she used her education to get a job and she earns and eats . Neither she works nor Krishna , they lecture Sajjan all day and yet live in his house , eat at his expense , wear jewls , chiffons from his expense , Krishna gives Diwali gifts worth lakhs to her at Dads expense ..............its too much yaar . Either earn ur money or go freeload off that man with hAQ and filial right whose principles u believe in ........SHAMU . U believe in Shamus principles but u eat at Sajjans expense ..........how hypocritical is THAT ?

About the tyrannical family desrving Pratigya ............Sorry darling I disagree here too . U see , they were FINE till she came along . Kesar , Amma dont want her meddling . They dont mind Sajjan and Shakti or their way of life , their values , their upbringing is different . Have we seen a single scene in which Amma or Kesar have repented marrying these men ?
Amma as a woman loves SS and doesnt mind his bullying , Kesar craves for Shaktis attention . Even seeing him going to prostitutes doesnt affect her , she wants Shakti only . This may sound harsh but even the loss of her children is not that big an event for her ......acquiring Shaktis love is . Its not just fear factor here , these r their innermost wants and choices too ......as the life that looks horrific to Pratigya is not so horrible to THEM , its a way of life for them . So why interfere ? They were all , including Krishna , fine with Sajjans corrupt wealth , their life , that Guruma , everything . Its Pratigya who is the misfit there and its hi time someone tells her if u dont like this , move ur butt out .

And if u see ALL the Sax siblings ..........Pratigya Arushi and Adarshh ............They have failed at making their spouses feel respected , wanted , loved . All the 3 made unwanted marraiges voluntarily to teach lessons ...............Pratigya wanted to teach Krishna , Arushi wanted to teach Pratigya , Adarsh wanted to teach the Thakurs so HIS sister cudnt be troubled by them .............All the 3 made a mockery of marraige . They married for the wrong reasons , then they preached to their spouses and wanted everything on THEIR terms and conditions .Its Hi time a public IZZAT AARTI is made of the SAx siblings on the roads of illahabad in front of Shamu , that cantankerous old hag Dadi who sends Komal to her room as if she is a servant girl , and that tearful Madonna Naina who actually pampers Arushi .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 10 January 2011 at 5:42am

lighthousepierb2011Aeryndamon_bitemecorvette

corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 6:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

madmadgirl .......
Thanks for ur congrats , but the success of this thread only shows how pissed the viewers r with whats being shown in MKAP currently .Unfortunately the CVS dont read us enough . We live in hope.....a lot of us have been unhappy for some time now - for different reasons maybe but unhappy nevertheless the the original feel of this show has been seriously sledgehammered..
I agree with most of ur points but 3 ..................
About Prats freeloading ...........The 'its her sasural ' excuse .  Look , when a woman attempts to jail her sasural members , constantly lectures them on the type of people they are and toots the horn of her Father's principles all along , its makes no sense to show that she hates everything about them but is ok with eating their food , especially when her husbad isnt earning anything and contributing towards the income . The least they cud have shown was she used her education to get a job and she earns and eats . Neither she works nor Krishna , they lecture Sajjan all day and yet live in his house , eat at his expense , wear jewls , chiffons from his expense , Krishna gives Diwali gifts worth lakhs to her at Dads expense ..............its too much yaar . Either earn ur money or go freeload off that man with hAQ and filial right whose principles u believe in ........SHAMU . U believe in Shamus principles but u eat at Sajjans expense ..........how hypocritical is THAT ?

Yaar - she is doomed if she eats as a freeloader and doomed if she works to eat as a phasaadi nautanki masterni hell bent on her law abiding and high moralistic ways simply to set her apart from the others in her sasural!!!! The TNs would never agree to her working!!! Its against all their aan baan and shaan to do so - phir woh kya kare? Bhooki to marne nahin lagi!!!!!LOLLOL Even the wearing of expensive saris jewellery etc is about keeping up appearances - if she wore cotton the TNs would blast her for that too as destroying thier izzat - Thakuron ki bahu stuff......blah blah blah.....

About the tyrannical family desrving Pratigya ............Sorry darling I disagree here too . U see , they were FINE till she came along . Kesar , Amma dont want her meddling . They dont mind Sajjan and Shakti or their way of life , their values , their upbringing is different . Have we seen a single scene in which Amma or Kesar have repented marrying these men ?
Amma as a woman loves SS and doesnt mind his bullying , Kesar craves for Shaktis attention . Even seeing him going to prostitutes doesnt affect her , she wants Shakti only . This may sound harsh but even the loss of her children is not that big an event for her ......acquiring Shaktis love is . Its not just fear factor here , these r their innermost wants and choices too ......as the life that looks horrific to Pratigya is not so horrible to THEM , its a way of life for them . So why interfere ? They were all , including Krishna , fine with Sajjans corrupt wealth , their life , that Guruma , everything . Its Pratigya who is the misfit there and its hi time someone tells her if u dont like this , move ur butt out .

Agreed - Amma Kesar never asked for her to meddle, agreed their upbringing is different but to say They or at least Kesar is not affected is not true. She was the first to tell Krishna on his wedding night to understand and win over his darling wife with love as "every woman likes to be treated with love" She craves her husband's love yes, but is not happy with the pain and suffering she has endured - she has simply accepted it because she is meek and knows nothing better! Maybe the same shit happened in her own house - being a Thakur thoroughbred.

Prats id definitely the misfit here - agreed - but the mere fact she is at the TN is also due to K's insistence on "only P will do" otherwise not in a million years would this match have happened.

No strongwilled woman could stand by and watch another sister or mother be treated unfairly or unjustly - the method could certainly be improved in the Pratster's case but not the idealogy. Such an individual will obviously consider her "milder more refined practices"(!) to be better than brutish, bullish and forceful and tyrannical controlling behaviour.

And if u see ALL the Sax siblings ..........Pratigya Arushi and Adarshh ............They have failed at making their spouses feel respected , wanted , loved . All the 3 made unwanted marraiges voluntarily to teach lessons ...............Pratigya wanted to teach Krishna , Arushi wanted to teach Pratigya , Adarsh wanted to teach the Thakurs so HIS sister cudnt be troubled by them .............All the 3 made a mockery of marraige . They married for the wrong reasons , then they preached to their spouses and wanted everything on THEIR terms and conditions .Its Hi time a public IZZAT AARTI is made of the SAx siblings on the roads of illahabad in front of Shamu , that cantankerous old hag Dadi who sends Komal to her room as if she is a servant girl , and that tearful Madonna Naina who actually pampers Arushi .

Agreed - they are idiots in this respect! and cannot possible expect that the "saxification" of their spouses will take place without a murmur or even bloodshed......they made the compromise instead of saying no and staying firm - if youre gonna take on the might of the TNs then you'd better well be bloody prepared with more than just bhashans!!!!LOL

Loving the dialogue Kools!!! Jiyo beta!!!Clap This is a thread with balls - soemthing the Pratster needs to develop!LOLLOL Or maybe she has - K did call her a mardana aurat after all!ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolsadhu1000

Mili27 Goldie
Mili27
Mili27

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 6:46am | IP Logged

Dear Kools, I think both P and A are smart women. They know the weakness of the Thakur men and playing on it. And I say why not?  P knows when to give and  when to withhold and this trait of hers has paid her rich dividends. Look at what she has made of K.Even A knew that KN has the hots for her and therefore she did not think twice before pulling him to the altar. She had the pragmatism to understand her situation and act accordingly. We saw her resorting to sedating KN but this sanskaari girl never had the sahas of openly rejecting KN's overtures. Aru was willing to use sex(if not obstructed by P) to cement her position in TN and wreak havoc in P's life.

Hypothetically speaking, what do you think will happen if due to some reason, Kriya's love life goes for a toss, will K  still be Pratigya's the little lamb?

My problem is not with what the CVs are showing, it's about the holier than thou attitude of the unholy sisters.

If you ever have the time, can you please start a thread on the most weirdest thingy I have come across: the holy matrimony of Komal and Adarsh!  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepierdamon_bitemekoolsadhu1000

Go to top