Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Which actor needs to attend a Acting school? (Page 16)

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
I love Genelia but I think it's unfair to compare genelia and deepika together. Genelia debuted her acting in 2003 while deepika debuted in the end of 2007

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glitters

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
Genelia and Deepika both are good. They are improving by each movie but then again everyone is doing that.

Terenaina

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
yes everyone is learning as they go. I think a member mention we never stop learning. Even Denzel washington whose consider the best actor goes to acting classes every single day

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

glittersKataliciousBeyond_the_Veil

Ashiyana Goldie
Ashiyana
Ashiyana

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pragya0

Katrina Kaif- needs to start from scratch. How about a beginner course in acting? Also a hindi tutor to teach her the difference between Dal and yellow sauce.

Imran Khan- Needs to attend classes pronto. Mamu and his sweet look will not salvage his career all the time

Sonam Kapoor- For someone who claims herself to be a serious actor, her acting is pretty horrendous. also needs coaching on dialogue delivery and how not to mistake acting annoying with being annoying.

Deepika- Voice modulation and dialogue delivery. In terms of acting I would be very tempted to put her to the list, but I have seen some spark in her during 2010. She has a dominant screen presence and should opt for gutsy roles. bimbette and typical bollywood heroines are seriously not cup of tea.

Akshay Kumar and Hrithik Roshan- needs classes on Subttle acting

PC- Accent classes

PC - Accent classes... LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

after reading 15 page of post.. clear winner is katrina. Sonam and Imran are close second.

and I agree with that. I don't think any of the three would have lasted in the industry as long as they did if they didn't have GodFather.

Katrina I feel has imporved a lot in the past few years. I have noticed a trend with her, she picks scripts where the other main lead has a bigger part to play (some what exception being Namste London, APKJK where I feel she had a equal part). Other than that, when we look at all her hit movies like Rajnetti, SIK, Race, Partner.. it is the other lead in the movie who has excelled.  They have carried the film weight lot more than her.  I don't think in any of the movies where you can say that she was far better than her lead star. She is improving with each movie she does. She kind of reminds me of Ash, when she first started.  I thought she was horrible, and then HDDCKS came and made me see her in another light.  Katrina just needs her HDDCKS, where she is praised just as much for her acting as she is being praised for her beauty.

Sonam... I really can't stand her. She is horrible when it comes to acting! She needs to attend basic acting classes. Same goes for Imran. Though I liked him in JTYJN, as Ratz but it was Meow who stole the thunder. They both need to attend school.

I noticed Akshay Kumar being mentioned few times, and though I do love him, I feel his movies are more or less the same. His last few movies that I have seen are the same. It is the same action and comedy from movie to movie. He hasn't shown a lot of variety in his performance as his other actors have shown.  he could use one or two classes to just brush up, to get more variety in his movies.

John Abraham... As most of the girls on this forms would agree.. we love seeing him on screen (with/without clothes) but it is to look at him and not cause of his acting skills. I loved him in Dostana, but when I look at the movie objectively, I loved him because of his sexyness and not cause of his acting in the movie. he also need to brush up on his skills.  

Deepika, has shown promise in her acting. She could probably be better if she focus more on her career and less on her bf, ex-bf, and possible future bf's.

I hope you don't find my comments as a "HATTER" for any one celebrity.  I am strictly putting my perspective based on the movies I have seen. 

Edited by Ashiyana - 05 January 2011 at 5:44pm

QuirkyeraserKatalicious

Ashiyana Goldie
Ashiyana
Ashiyana

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AbbiePrivate

Katrina Kaif .. does that make me a hater? just wondering..Ermm I like her as a person, she s very sweet

Tusshar Kapoor.. altho I liked him in golmaal .. he was so cute and funny as the mute guy.. other than that he is terribly bad 

Upen Patel.. good dancer tho!

Also..Sohail Khan.. Mallika Sherawat.. Celina jaitley.. but ..Himesh Reshammiya is the worst of them all.. acting is just not his thing, he doesn't need an acting school, he needs to seriously quit!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Himesh Reshammiya is the worst of them all.. acting is just not his thing, he doesn't need an acting school, he needs to seriously quit!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

So true!

i agree with the list. Tusshar does need to attend Jumping Jack School of Acting.

Quirkyeraserruky786

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Terenaina

I love Genelia but I think it's unfair to compare genelia and deepika together. Genelia debuted her acting in 2003 while deepika debuted in the end of 2007
AGREE!! Plus Genelia has found much more work and she's progressively improved from each film and Deepu is doing the same!!! She's grown immensely from her debut till her last film!

Terenaina

kash4life IF-Rockerz
kash4life
kash4life

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KatForeva

Originally posted by kash4life

@KatForeva.....I dont get why you assume everyone who mentions Kat's name here is a Kat hater Confused

People are mentioning her name because this topic is based on acting, and they beleive that she would benefit from getting some acting classes. Thats hardly hating her. Ermm 
At the end of the day if so many people have mentioned her name for weak acting and generally people in the industry feel the same-actors and critics- there has to be something that makes us feel this way.

I said her name too, but by no means do I hate Katrina Kaif. And I'm sure lots of people feel the same way.

Oh you've gotta be kidding me. I know who's a hater and who's not. No need to lie and back up yourself and others. And btw this post was about STAR KIDS. But people STILL brought Katrina in!

Umm NO I'm not kidding. You obviously DON'T know who's a hater and who's not, because you've unfairly branded everyone who's mentioned Kat a hater. You maybe a Katrina fan but that gives you NO right to make asumptions on people. There is no need to get personal. End of.

And this is a request, please kindly refrain from calling someone a liar, when you know nothing about me or my views on Katrina.

And FYI, the title of the topic is 'which ACTOR needs to attend acting schools' so by the topic title, everyone has mentioned who they want, regardless of star kids, John Abrahams been mentioned, even Aish was mentioned, if you didn't know they're also not Star Kids.

Jeez.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

moon.river-iktaara-Nuktaacheen-Mmmmm-IHeartDeepika.eraser

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Terenaina

yes everyone is learning as they go. I think a member mention we never stop learning. Even Denzel washington whose consider the best actor goes to acting classes every single day

AGREE!!! And well said!! A true actor never stops learning b/c a good actor takes challenging and fascinating roles that don't necessary come easy...so they learn and teach themselves and practice techniques!!! Meryl Streep for her role as Julia Child watched countless episodes to get in the mindset and practiced her voice modulation!! 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

glittersNuktaacheen-Mmmmm-eraserTerenaina

Go to top