who does Damon love??

Posted: 13 years ago
hello every1😳

i am newbie to this section, i justed got hooked to TVD a week back😍 and when i get addicted all i do is watch episode after episode and hence i managed to watch S1 full and S2 till the last episode😳. 
Now all i can think is DAMON DAMON and DAMON😲😲.......🤪☺️

i just came across a thread where Katherina's true feelings for Stephan were discussed. I loved everyone reply and hence i was eager to know what you guys think about Damon's love?

Did he truly love Kat? or was it just obsession! (140 yrs of obsession)
His feelings for Elena. Is it love? or something else.

I feel Damon truly loved Kat to the point of obsession. He was so blinded by her love, her charm that he failed to see the difference between right and wrong. He was willingly playing along with Kat to be with her forever. He believed all along that Stephan stole her from him and his only aim became to free her from the tomb. When Anna revealed that Kat was never in there in the first place and in spite she (Kat) being around for so long never bothered to see him - scattered Damon!💔

His interest in elena was because of the striking resemblance in her looks with Kat and she being Stephan biggest weakness! After knowing her for sometime he realized what a wonderful selfless person she is, unlike Kat. Elena is the one person who can hurt Damon and walk away with it without facing his wrath.

i really hope Damon finds his own girl, in elena's life Damon will forever be the 'other guy'.

your valued comments - please!

cheers
Kai

p.s. how many more days for jan 27th!😡😭

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i think Damon did love Katherine back then...a 140 odd years ago but he was left completely shattered when he found out he didnt really care about him, she was just toying with him and this is later confirmed by Kat when she says "it was always Stefan"
Like Stefan, Damon is first drawn to Elena because of her resemblence to Kat but as he gets to know her he finds out how different she is from Kat n hows she's loving,caring and unselfless and falls for her...
Damon truly loves Elena, so much so that he lets her be with Stefan-thats where her happiness lies

-dhruvi thumbnail
Exactly what you said. But my analysis differs at some point. I shall be back.
Originally posted by: shona.

i think Damon did love Katherine back then...a 140 odd years ago but he was left completely shattered when he found out he didnt really care about him, she was just toying with him and this is later confirmed by Kat when she says "it was always Stefan"
Like Stefan, Damon is first drawn to Elena because of her resemblence to Kat but as he gets to know her he finds out how different she is from Kat n hows she's loving,caring and unselfless and falls for her...
Damon truly loves Elena, so much so that he lets her be with Stefan-thats where her happiness lies

thanks shona for replying😃 i loved ur last line very beautifully put!😳

All the girls go ga ga over Damon but the only women Damon ever loved prefer Stephan over him...wht an irony!😭

Originally posted by: dhruvi.

Exactly what you said. But my analysis differs at some point. I shall be back.

Dhruvi, i loved ur analysis on Kat in the other thread👏 looking forward to take on Damon!😉
StarshineHues thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Katherine was Damon's first love, or he believes that she was his first love. Before that, he hadn't known love, and whatever he felt for Katherine, it was love for him. He worshipped the ground she walked on, he was infatuated by her, he was obsessed to the extent that he waited 145 years for her. But I don't think he loved her....or if he did, not like the way he loves Elena.

With Elena, initially it was about her striking resemblance to Katherine, and how he could get under Stefan's skin by being close to her. But then, as time went by, he saw how different Elena was, and how she actually cared. Inspite of his bad-ass attitude, his put-on evilness, she could see right through him, from the start. And she genuinely worried for him, and felt for him. Like she said to him right in the beginning, "I'm sorry. You lost her too." Nobody had said that to him before. And that's how she made a place herself in his heart. No matter what he did, she could never shut him out of her life, even when she wanted to. And that's the connection that Damon came to care for, and eventually fell in love with.

Like he said, he loves her, and therefore he can't be selfish with her. He's willing to let her walk away from him and be with Stefan, even though it means nothing but heart-ache and agony for him. He erased her memory after his confession, so that she wouldn't have to carry the burden of his love with her. He's willing to be whatever she wants-a friend, a protector, or even nothing at all, as long as she's happy. All that matters his her happiness, and her safety. He's selfless with her, something that he couldn't be with Kat. So yeah, I think he loves her.
Another thing that strikes me about Damon's feelings for Elena is that after all Katherine did to him, she literally ripped his heart out, he still fell in love with Elena inspite of her resemblance to Katherine. That, I think, says a lot about the intensity of his feelings for her.

Like Ian said,

"Damon waited 145 years for Katherine who wasn't worth his love. What he didn't know was he waited 145 years to find his true love Elena because she is the one who gave him a chance, because in spite of everything she saw something in him worth saving."

Edited by StarshineHues - 13 years ago
shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
^that is beautifully put
Originally posted by: StarshineHues

Katherine was Damon's first love, or he believes that she was his first love. Before that, he hadn't known love, and whatever he felt for Katherine, it was love for him. He worshipped the ground she walked on, he was infatuated by her, he was obsessed to the extent that he waited 145 years for her. But I don't think he loved her....or if he did, not like the way he loves Elena.

With Elena, initially it was about her striking resemblance to Katherine, and how he could get under Stefan's skin by being close to her. But then, as time went by, he saw how different Elena was, and how she actually cared. Inspite of his bad-ass attitude, his put-on evilness, she could see right through him, from the start. And she genuinely worried for him, and felt for him. Like she said to him right in the beginning, "I'm sorry. You lost her too." Nobody had said that to him before. And that's how she made a place herself in his heart. No matter what he did, she could never shut him out of her life, even when she wanted to. And that's the connection that Damon came to care for, and eventually fell in love with.

Like he said, he loves her, and therefore he can't be selfish with her. He's willing to let her walk away from him and be with Stefan, even though it means nothing but heart-ache and agony for him. He erased her memory after his confession, so that she wouldn't have to carry the burden of his love with her. He's willing to be whatever she wants-a friend, a protector, or even nothing at all, as long as she's happy. All that matters his her happiness, and her safety. He's selfless with her, something that he couldn't be with Kat. So yeah, I think he loves her.
Another thing that strikes me about Damon's feelings for Elena is that after all Katherine did to him, she literally ripped his heart out, he still fell in love with Elena inspite of her resemblance to Katherine. That, I think, says a lot about the intensity of his feelings for her.

Like Ian said,

"Damon waited 145 years for Katherine who wasn't worth his love. What he didn't know was he waited 145 years to find his true love Elena because she is the one who gave him a chance, because in spite of everything she saw something in him worth saving."

very insightful!!😛 thank you for posting😳
i feel very bad for Damon!
ian's quote summed up everything abt Kat and Elena!

viniva sharma thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
gr8 topic!!

well cuminn to kat n damon!! damon wz alwayzz a veryy nicee guywho 1864 (iguess 😆) luvd his brother too bt the thing was that he was actually obsessed bt KAT n soo he alwayz wanted to b widd her!! it wz alwayz hiss obsession that madee him heartless that he killed people bt deep downn insidee damon wz alwayzz a nicee guy as he alwayzz helped stefen whenever he needed his help

cumin to elena n damon! in d promo of d upcumin episode elena says "i care abt damon bt i luv stefen" dis statement of hers sayz she care abt him n deyy may end up togather u never know tvd is alwayz a mystery 😆
HPmaniac thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kai_Hiwatari

hello every1😳

i am newbie to this section, i justed got hooked to TVD a week back😍 and when i get addicted all i do is watch episode after episode and hence i managed to watch S1 full and S2 till the last episode😳. 
Now all i can think is DAMON DAMON and DAMON😲😲.......🤪☺️

i just came across a thread where Katherina's true feelings for Stephan were discussed. I loved everyone reply and hence i was eager to know what you guys think about Damon's love?

Did he truly love Kat? or was it just obsession! (140 yrs of obsession)
His feelings for Elena. Is it love? or something else.

I feel Damon truly loved Kat to the point of obsession. He was so blinded by her love, her charm that he failed to see the difference between right and wrong. He was willingly playing along with Kat to be with her forever. He believed all along that Stephan stole her from him and his only aim became to free her from the tomb. When Anna revealed that Kat was never in there in the first place and in spite she (Kat) being around for so long never bothered to see him - scattered Damon!💔

His interest in elena was because of the striking resemblance in her looks with Kat and she being Stephan biggest weakness! After knowing her for sometime he realized what a wonderful selfless person she is, unlike Kat. Elena is the one person who can hurt Damon and walk away with it without facing his wrath.

i really hope Damon finds his own girl, in elena's life Damon will forever be the 'other guy'.

your valued comments - please!

cheers
Kai

p.s. how many more days for jan 27th!😡😭

I agree with everything you said....I'm not a huge stefan-elena fan or anything(I like them together,but they can get boring) but I think it's pretty clear that Elena loves Stefan and only him! There can be no change. And yeah, so I really really wish Damon finds someone whom he can love and who loves him back with all her heart (wouldn't all of us just love to be that girl?????😆)...