Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
I am here to entertain and I don't care what people say about my favs including Saif, Kareena, Sonam, Deepika, SRK, Kajol, Shahid. etc etc don't bother me at all now just take it as a joke.🤣
mariasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice Topic Sis
will EDIT it SOON
It's weird for me because I care about them only when I'm in this section of IF but then I turn it "off" once I leave IF and do other things😆

I basically don't care if they endorse something because I should like the product and not what they do with it. I like watching them onscreen though. I also like it if they do more substance-filled movies rather than quick comedies or NRI-luring films

I don't rush to the movies to watch them because I'm busy with other things. I usually watch maybe 5 bollywood movies a year, which is far less than the number of posts in this section of the forum😆

As for tv, I love PR so I read the updates and discuss the ridiculousness of some of the characters. Sangini is also a show I like but that's because of Iqbal Khan😳😆

Edited by koolchick - 13 years ago
yes its strange though...they invariably effect our lives even if we dont do it intentionally...like the fashion trends etc in india stem from films...a particular actress wears a new style in a film...tht becomes vogue and thts exactly whts sold in each store....and we buy some of those too, although we dont intend to look like the celebrity...like i remember rani's "Bunty aur babli" kurtas being famous, same with ash's devdas sarees....etc....

similarly...ive seen myself admire a pair of shoes, or earrings worn by  a celeb at an event and when i go shopping, i tend to buy stuff which luks similar to the one worn by the celeb....
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I adore Akki, John, Kajol and a few other Celebs for either their talent and looks or Persona

But at the end of the day, I know that I do not know them personally and neither do they, so their impact only goes as far as me wanting to watch their movie and trigger a few debates which is always fun to be part of! But other than that, they are human beings with their own priorities and so are the rest of us

.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Impact big enough to create many more-than-150-pages discussion threads on IF a day😆

Celebrities really do have a huge impact on our lives, i don't know how...by hypnotizing, mesmerizing us during the 2 hrs/30 mins in our lives?🤔 I even know some who go to the extreme for their fav celebs, that's where i find the impact very wrong, but it's true celebs have  immeasurable amount of impact on not all, but many people.

BTW i m sadia too yayyy😛
Edited by _-sHoNaa-_ - 13 years ago
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah huge impact on my bank account 
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice topic Sadia. That's a beautiful name by the way.

Am a huge kareena fan, yes....but I don't think she impacts my life at all apart from entertainment of course. She def entertains me, that's why am a fan obviously. But to be honest, I never went to cinema to watch bebo's films. Not even one. That doesn't mean I don't want to. That also has to do with the city I live in, the cinema/theater that shows bollywood films is far away, and I don't have a car.  And I don't have that many DVDs of hers at home. If I can watch her movies online, why spend 20 dollars on the DVD? And no way, I don't buy products that bebo endorses lol. I don't even think they are meant for me since I don't live in India. But knowing me, even if I lived in India, I wouldn't buy a product just because she endorses it. Kareena is someone I like watching on screen thats it. I do love her, because she entertains me lol. And I do care about her. I want her to succeed. And being on this forum and defending her, I don't see that as she is impacting my life. Because I come here because I like to. It's entertaining for me to discuss bollywood with members on here.

But yes I do get upset when her films flop. Because I fear that directors wont give her films if she gives flops and than I don't get to see her onscreen again. But I don't see how that's impacting my life if I get upset about her flops. It's not like I get depressed about it or cry about it. She even doesn't cry about her flops anymore.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I don't sit in a corner thinking "They are mocking my favourite" Boo Hoo🤣 I am like I have better things to do then always defending my favourite actor or actress, like as if they are going to appear on India forums and say "Well done Rukhsar" or "Thank you for support Rukhsar" etc etc 🤣🤣🤣
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Originally posted by: smarie pants

yes its strange though...they invariably effect our lives even if we dont do it intentionally...like the fashion trends etc in india stem from films...a particular actress wears a new style in a film...tht becomes vogue and thts exactly whts sold in each store....and we buy some of those too, although we dont intend to look like the celebrity...like i remember rani's "Bunty aur babli" kurtas being famous, same with ash's devdas sarees....etc....

similarly...ive seen myself admire a pair of shoes, or earrings worn by  a celeb at an event and when i go shopping, i tend to buy stuff which luks similar to the one worn by the celeb....

OMG!! I always buy similar clothes as Ash...I bought a white and silver border sari like the one she wore in KNK, the red and white dari in Devdas, the blue nimbooda dress but mine was in the gujrati clothes style, the purple kurti she wore in KHGN, and make my sari blouses as same as her devdas blouses!!!