preetysadia thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
hey everyone I come here very often but dont post much...😊

so just wanted to introduce myself...........πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

nyways

what do you think about Celebrity Impact on our lives

I mean do you think they have too much impact on our lives???

Would you buy a product just because your fav celeb is endorsing it or you just like to watch them on screen

Also I wanted to add to discussions that How much time you spend watching/talking about and thinking about celebrities or TV in any form????

Sadia😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wonderful topic sadia...

considering the amount of time and effort we all put in into swooning over and defending our favourite celeb on this forum...i'd say they have quite a big impact on our lives...i mean..every year we spend around about 1000 rupees for movie tickets, magazines, internet downloads etc concerning our fav celeb and though i dunt buy products based on the celebs endorsing it....im sure a lot of ppl do...why else would jhandu balm have record sales after malaika and salman gyrated to a song featuring the brandname in munni badnaam? πŸ˜†...

preetysadia thumbnail
hey smarie pants

thnx for your feedback

and ya I know I was thinking abt this yesterday that we spend so much time and its of no use but still we do............
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
not really... at least, none of the celebs effect anything in my life, except provide entertainment, when is see their movies... it's fun to debate in my spare time, but other than that, my personal life is completely different... i don't get upset if my favourite movie or my fav's movies flop... meri jeb se paise thodi jaa rahe hain... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†   and i would never buy a product just because it was endorsed by my favourite... i know it happens a lot, but to be honest, i find it silly... 😳  some people are so star struck, that they can't form their own opinions... imagine people wasting time in building mandirs, and standing for hours at an end just to get a glimpse of their favs... himmat hai bhai... main to kabhi naa karon.... i'm happy with what i see on celluloid... that's where it ends for me...

mere ghar ki problems hain naa jo mujhe deal karni hain... why should i worry about what's happening in the life of other stars... it provides good gossip, and that's about it...!!
preetysadia thumbnail
Nuktaacheen

I totally agree with you...... it is entertainment and shud take it as entertainment......
interesting topic!!

fortunately i am among the very few who limit their craziness of a celebrity for my entertainment and gossip needs. I am definitely NOT the person who spends money on watching movies in a theater  or DVD, buying posters, their endorsed stuffs, waiting in long queues just to get their glimpse and screaming on top of my lungs on seeing them!!

i appreciate an actor for being a good at his craft that is acting, i have no marriage plans or even getting autographs! i always admire actors who are down to earth, respect their fans and keep a check on their attitude and ego.

a celebrity never impacts me it's just the characters that drive me insane occasionally like right now i am all for Damon Salvatore!☺️ .............. it will fade off soon!πŸ˜‰

cheers
Kai

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice topic... 😊

Personally they are a form of entertainment for me... What they endorse... what they dont endorse does not matter... If I like something i will buy it... if i dont like something i wont...

If i want to get Zandu balm...does'nt matter who endorses it... Rakhi Sawant or a Malaika Arora... I will buy it if i like it...

If i want to buy Head and Shoulders... doesnt matter if its Kareena endorsing it or Mallika Sherawat...

Same with their personal life too...

What I care is what they do on screen..... off screen does'nt matter...

But Yes for me... their off screen antics does provide lots of entertainment here in the forum .... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜Š
preetysadia thumbnail
Kai_Hiwatari

maddy1973

hey thnx for reply and ya........totally great feedback....same here I dont go mad about them...its always how down to earth they are and what they portray on screen.......

p.s thnx every1 for your replys

I will be posting more topics soon...😳 so I can know you more all by your views...😳
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Well, I think celebs do impact our lives...I mean freakin' spent $140 on Guzaarish tickets...now that's beyond crazy, but see how huge Aishu's  impact is on my life!

But I buy L'Oreal products b/c she endorses them....ok I'm living proof celebs have a huge impact!!

BUT...I would not buy anything I don't believe in even if my favs endorsed it like....whitening creams, etc.

Also, I spend a load of time either on this forum or Geet forum....usually I used to read for fun, but now I even gave up that! I think it's kind of unhealthy that I spend so much time on IF just chit chatting with ppl....but I guess ppl have different interests! My bro plays video games, my dad likes to watch action flicks for fun, and I like discussing my fav celebs!!!

BTW: GREAT TOPIC!!!
RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yeah, when I went to Pakistan, I seen this Garnier Face Wash Ad endorsed by JOHN ABRAHAM, and i went everywhere looking for it, the main reason why I wanted it bc its not available here at the USA

But I went everywhere, could not find it, and than 2 months later, when i was here, My friend sent it to me from Pakistan!

His movie, johtha hai sahi, well did not impact me to become an compulsive liar, but to study hard bc he made it being a geek super cool πŸ˜†

Btw I did not get the fairness one haha, i just got the face wash..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hqTyiP6N-M[/YOUTUBE]