India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

#1 Nissar and Swati's WORLD OF EQUAL BUT OPPOSITE

palmbeach1238 Senior Member
palmbeach1238
palmbeach1238

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:42am | IP Logged

For Some time now''I have noticed that the characterization and unveiling of the story as it progressed ''.has been deliberately but cleverly and intricately woven into this show. 

So''.I went back to the beginning of the show'..and came up with ideas on how Nisser and Swati may have visualized the progression of this story.  On review''.the characters and events look too deliberate to be a coincidence.

I will start with a review of the characters and'.in later posts'.(Marriage and after Marriage posts) list the events and similarities/differences as I see them.

I am calling this 'Nisser and Swati's  "EQUAL BUT OPPOSITE THEORY"

Opposite and Contrasting Characters in Geet.

Dev ' Is an NRI'not completely sure if he was brought up in Canada but has definitely lived there at some time in the past (maybe for his education).  Brought up by his mother Pammi, and could be illegitimate.

Maan ' A young man from a rich aristocratic family, probably brought up by his grandmother Savitri Devi.  He is more likely to be the legitimate heir to the Khurana fortune.

Dev ' The suave, sophisticated and charming, man.  Works his charm around everyone and impresses them from the beginning.  He seems to be the dream groom for any young girl.  He also uses his charm to flirt with women to get his own way.   He is an irresponsible Kaamchor'.doesn't like to work'..and finds the easiest way to make money i.e.; gambling.

Maan ' The reserved, quiet and highly principled person with a tough exterior and displays a strength of character.  A man of few words, he appears to be arrogant and intimidating but has a soft heart.  An angry young man'.could have been due to childhood experiences and/or betrayal in love.   Takes his responsibilities very seriously'.very shrewd and hard-working.  Don't know if he could be classed as a work-a-holic.

Dev ' Already married to Naintara.

Maan ' If he is the opposite of Dev'.'then he is not married''and probably never been married.

Darji ' Extremely traditional and conservative.  The Authoritative figure in the Handa family and he rules the family with an iron fist.   He believes in upholding his cherished morals, values and beliefs.  Therefore exercises strict discipline and lives by rules and regulations.  Family honor is of the greatest importance and he treats males as superior to women who are treated as  2nd class citizens.

Dadima ' Liberal treats all her grandchildren as individuals and regards them all with equal affection'though Maan seems to be her favorite. 

Darji ' Family honor in the most important thing in his life.  Will sacrifice family for honor.

Dadima ' Family happiness is very important and '.to some extent'..has strong principles'..knows what is wrong and what is right.  Family honor is important to her'but in the end''not at the expense of her family's happiness.  So''..she is the one the cvs will play with being the one who will swing in the choice between family reputation and family happiness.

Darji ' Completely rules and controls the household by fear and intimidation.

Dadima ' Allows family members to be independent personalities in their own right.

Geet's Brother (Brij) ' Like Darji, he is a cultural fanatic.  Honor, pride and power are of the utmost importance to him and will go to any lengths to achieve them.  He believes women should do as they are told and not have any opinions of their own.  Brij is physically strong but he is not a clever or cunning character''.he gets his own way by force.

Maan's Brother (Dev) ' Only contrast to Brij's character that I can come up with is that he is a completely weak character physically'.but he is quite cunning and devious and uses any means possible to get his own way.

Geet's Sister-in-Law (Brij's Wife - Dolly) ' Was chirpy and extrovert and quite sweet and helpful to Geet.  She is happy in her own way'with what little life she has with the Handas.

Maan's Sister-in-Law (Naintara) ' Is a witch and a sociopath/psychopath.  Will do anything for status and money.  Dreams of taking over the Khurana fortunes and company.

Geet's Mum & Dad ' Love Geet and try to shield her from Brij and Darji.  Both shower Geet with all the love and care in the world.

Maan's Mum & Dad ' If they are alive'..I would expect them to be the complete opposite'..or Maan does not have a real mother'but Pammi is his step-mother.

Geet's Sister (Rajji) ' Very sweet and cute and loves Geet to death.

Maan's Sister (Kamya) - Greedy, avaricious and wouldn't think twice about stabbing Geet in the back.

This is where the new cvs screwed up''they introduced Annie from nowhere when it should have been Kamya who should have been brought back.  I feel they didn't do their research properly when they took over from the prior cvs''.and Nisser was on vacation at that time'.so something got screwed up''and the viewers ended up with Annie.  Besides'..they couldn't have progressed with a love story as the viewers were still clamouring for justice for Geet'..and Kamya was a part of the fraud.

Geet's Brother (Tito) - Like Geet's sister, very cute and sweet and also loves Geet very much.

Maan's Brother (Vicky) ' I would expect him to be opposite and create hungama for Maaneet in the future.

Geet's Uncle & Aunt (Brij's Parents) - 

Maan's Uncle & Aunt -  I wouldn't be surprised if the cvs decide not to introduce an opposite for these two.  Annie could be their daughter and Maan's cousin.  This could be an ideal way out for the cvs.

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Edited by palmbeach1238 - 04 January 2011 at 1:58pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

KrishnaKalpanasarrmswaramChaudhrytmkumari3shivangi783ramaheshLuvScoobyArushi.pavs-pixie-vrsharmamgdg_2010Silentsoulibelieveinpink-Mrs.MSK-

Arushi. IF-Rockerz
Arushi.
Arushi.

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:44am | IP Logged
*Reserved*  

------------------

Okay..!! 

It's a pretty interesting and dense analysis of characters. Nissar used to do DMG also, and I have seen that serial from Day 1. And somehow he always seems to find a link. 

The theory that opposite attract, is evident not only in his lead romantic character's but also in the others, which you so beautifully pointed out. And this is what makes the story intriguing. Because with such different personalities, a clash of ego's is inevitable. How they handle it, how they cope with it, and how the people around them get affected is important. 

Maan and Geet. Romantic Protagonists. They are so different yet so alike. It's like they sprout from the same branch to make different, individual and independent branches on their own. Or well, vice-versa. And it is their upbringing which makes them what they are. Which makes them similar yet different. Which attracts them, among other things, to each other. Because somewhere deep beneath those contrasting layers is a mirror. A reflection of what they essentially are. 

Daarji and Dadimaa, play important roles. Because in both the cases, it is this generation that actually shapes up Maan and Geet. The other's are just other. Significant but not central. And the contrasting views of these two elderly people is what makes Maaneet interesting to see. How they shed their 'rooted' views to accommodate the other's. How they let go some views which need to be changed, to co-operate. 

Well, I don't think I made much sense. But I liked your topic :)

Edited by Arushi. - 04 January 2011 at 11:09am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

brokenmirrorsLuvScooby

vrsharma IF-Rockerz
vrsharma
vrsharma

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Loved ur post

loved ur analysis

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

palmbeach1238

palmbeach1238
palmbeach1238

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
@vrsharma

thanks

wait for post # 2 - Dev / Maan / Geet - 1st Meeting

--dolphin-- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

palmbeach1238

palmbeach1238
palmbeach1238

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
@ Arushi

True....the different backgrounds are also a contrast between Maan and Geet. 

Their upbringing also is a contrast too....and it is quite amazing how.....despite these....Maan & Geet have managed to understand and accept each other so beautifully.

I have much more to come....hope I can convince you that the events to Dev/Geet marriage are being repeated between Maan/Geet but in the opposite way.

LuvScooby

palmbeach1238
palmbeach1238

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dolphinUSA

Nice post. Very well thought out. I agree to most of it. I would like to add that Brij is smart. He does think of plotting revenges. He knows what he has to do. Whereas Dev doesn't use his brain at all. He always needs to be told what to do, either by wrong people or right ones...lol

Apart from these characters, there is much difference between the main characters also. Maan is sophisticated yet simple to understand. Geet is simple, yet complex. You know what I mean?!

Geet team is putting the phrase 'opposites attract' to perfect use :-)

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah!!  I feel that with the recent epis with Brij....they are showing him as a person who does have some grey matter between his brains. Confused

But I feel his character was never meant to be clever...initially when he was in Hoshiarpur  Most of his actions are reactionary....if you know what I mean.  He wasn't proactive.  He didn't think before he acted....so his usual solution to anything was using force....being hitting Geet, Dev or killing Channi.  Angry  The new cvs have given him a deviousness so that they can create some suspense for the audience.  He can't very well go around Delhi with his talwar.....he will get arrested on sight.  I also would like to know who bailed him out.  Is there someone else behind his being here in Delhi.  Where did he get the detailed drawings of Khurana Mansion.  His co-conspiratior in this could be

Arjun  - but now we know he is not with Brij.
Naintara - Most likely....she may have access to drawings while she was in Khurana Constructions.
Darji - not likely
Dev -  Were we all fooled by his goody goody act....and he had a more devious agenda.

With Dev - it was the other way around.  Early in the Hoshiarpur epis....he was shown as quite a devious character.  This was in the days when he showed some expressions....it was clearly visible from his expressions and his actions....that he was quite a cunning and clever.  

Dev's character went through a radical change when Abhinav decided he wanted to become a positive character and he wanted more screen space......so the cvs had no choice but try to meet his demands.  There was a drastic change in his character....so much so....that we as viewers where confused as to what happend. Confused The cvs decided to shift all the negative focus on to Naintara.  In early Hoshiarpur epis....it was clearly seen that Naintara was wary and afraid of Dev.....in certain scenes. LOL

When cvs changed his character....he became an expressionless zombie.....that is the only way I can describe him.  LOL 

Edited by palmbeach1238 - 04 January 2011 at 1:47pm

LuvScooby

brokenmirrors IF-Dazzler
brokenmirrors
brokenmirrors

Geet Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
good analysis and theory..i dont think even CVs are thinking about this
when it comes to the characters and their reasons to put them in the show like this.
all the opposite characters are a match and i bet vicky and tito will be having the same story.

@arush: it made sense jaan!!
'
Which makes them similar yet different'

hayy i didnt know you can write this beautiful too Day Dreaming

Arushi.

Go to top