Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Nakku's Faith on Bappa a Travesty (Page 2)

nightoffullmoon Senior Member
nightoffullmoon
nightoffullmoon

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lizdarcy

As fickle as her faith may seem now, i'd still defend it. I'm guessing that her outburst is after hearing of D's supposed death. Bappa is the one she's closest to, other than D and Babi. Most of the time she's in front of him, she talks to him, as if he were a friend. In that sense, their relation has been beyond faith. She's shared her deepest sorrows with Bappa. She's been strong even when everyone has given up faith. And her outburst here seems justified to me. I am no great believer, but my prayers are more like conversations. I have always believed in things happening for a reason, but recently something shook my faith so bad that i denounced God and vowed never to believe again. Surprisingly, the wound is healing, and now i've rediscovered faith. I cannot do without it.

Naku has never asked anything for herself. She has believed in bappa even when Kala played her dirty tricks. So now her anger is because Bappa has let evil win, she believes that her saab has come to harm.

I'm hoping that she states it loud, that she doesn't believe Dutta is dead.

That's what I am hoping too. It is because of her outburst that I believe she will believe he is dead. When the chopper crashed, she asked the right questions - did you find his body?

I hope she asks the right question again - Can I see his remains? No matter how charred the car was, you cannot mistake human ashes and remains.

What I have learned about faith: you can never get into "why me?" mode; you may ask "why?" when you lose someone or something most precious to you.

I think faith will not waver if we acted ourselves instead of divine intervention. Take Nakku's example, Kala is playing dangerous dirty tricks, and she is keeping quiet. Anyone else in her shoes would have started a counter campaign. They say, God helps those who help themselves.

"Nakku has never asked anything for herself"...Liz, I am not so sure if that is entirely true. When you love someone and ask for their happiness, it is ultimately for your ownself. You want them to be happy; because their happiness is the source of your own happiness.

Edited by nightoffullmoon - 04 January 2011 at 11:35am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Carrie-

nightoffullmoon
nightoffullmoon

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:46am | IP Logged
I posted this, because I am seriously tired of seeing protagonists of TV serials and movies giving their gods the ulitmatum: "If you don't, I am never coming back again."

Then miraculously, their demand (mind you, not prayer) is fulfilled.

"Khush to hoge tum?"...powerful line spoken by Amitabh Bachchan in Deewar. All other similar scenes pale in comparison. Why? Because Vijay, the non-believer, is asking why is his mother, the great believer, suffering. And to see her suffering end, he is willing to go any length, also to a temple. It is his pain, desperation, cynicism and the way his pride takes a fall that makes this scene so memorable.

It is tiresome to hear people, who time and again, keep asking for things, and then say: "I have never asked for anything before", or  "If you don't, I am never coming back again".

If I were the deity of that Temple, I would probably shrug and say, "whatever..."Tongue 

Edited by nightoffullmoon - 04 January 2011 at 11:53am

-Carrie-

gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nightoffullmoon

I posted this, because I am seriously tired of seeing protagonists of TV serials and movies giving their gods the ulitmatum: "If you don't, I am never coming back again."

"Khush to hoge tum?"...powerful line spoken by Amitabh Bachchan in Deewar. All other similar scenes pale in comparison.

Because it is tiresome to hear people, who time and again, keep asking for things, and then say: "I have never asked for anything before", or  "If you don't, I am never coming back again".

If I were the deity of that Temple, I would probably shrug and say, "whatever..."Tongue 
I see your point.  In serials, which by nature are pretty low-brow (except the vestiges of LTL), I get so annoyed when they take Bappa's or God's name because they do it way too often and in usually ridiculous ways:  If you don't bring him back to me, I'm going to stop talking to you!

Honestly, I would advise God to post a "GONE TO LUNCH" sign, and would recommend the shows to ease up on taking God's name.  Most of the tracks on these serials are so elementally disgusting, they should never have the name of God evoked in them.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nightoffullmoon-Carrie-

nightoffullmoon
nightoffullmoon

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gp00

Originally posted by nightoffullmoon

"Khush to hoge tum?"...powerful line spoken by Amitabh Bachchan in Deewar. All other similar scenes pale in comparison.

Because it is tiresome to hear people, who time and again, keep asking for things, and then say: "I have never asked for anything before", or  "If you don't, I am never coming back again".

I see your point.  In serials, which by nature are pretty low-brow (except the vestiges of LTL), I get so annoyed when they take Bappa's or God's name because they do it way too often and in usually ridiculous ways:  If you don't bring him back to me, I'm going to stop talking to you!

Honestly, I would advise God to post a "GONE TO LUNCH" sign, and would recommend the shows to ease up on taking God's name.  Most of the tracks on these serials are so elementally disgusting, they should never have the name of God evoked in them.

Hee, hee, GP00, good to hear from you after a long timeLOL Gone to Lunch LOL

I remember Dadi Sa on Balika Vadhu, when Anandi took a bullet in her brain, tell the Goddess in the temple "This Kalyani is never ever going to step again on your threshhold if you do not get my bindni back". Then when the bindni is back, all is forgotten, and she becomes her old self.

Then, people who do nothing to stop evil, like Sheela Chachi and the other women folk in Naa Aana is Des Lado, are telling the deity in their house to do something.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gp00divy609-Carrie-

Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 3:26pm | IP Logged

I get where you're coming from, because I too have seen this in too many shows nowadays, women not getting what they want and running to God and throwing tantrums about how they will never pray until they get their desired person or happiness back. But can that really be applied to LTL as much as it is applied to other shows?

Nakusha's character has always been different to other women on TV shows, she doesn't take Bappa for granted, as Bappa has been her support from day one- Naku has suffered so much in her life, yet she didn't go running to Bappa complaining why He has given her this fate, why He had let perverted men cast their dirty eyes upon her beauty and why he had made the soot a part of her life. Her faith upon and love for Bappa has always been unwavering. She's always put her life in the hands of God, with no complaints- yes she has had her little moments, yet it is never like other women who go and scream at God for not very credible reasons whatsoever.

From the precap, you could sense Naku's despair, she was more like begging in front of her friend, her God, than shouting at Him to bring her love back safe. You know there is a saying that people seek out God whenever we are suffering and forget Him when we are happy- in my religion, there is a unique story where a man is confused when the Prophet prays that he should always remain unhappy, just so that he can always seek out refuge in God's mercy and find peace in all that God showers us.

But Naku has gone to Bappa in all happiness, as well as sadness- she's shared everything with her Bappa, that's is why I am defending her and asking you not to compare Naku to all other women of TV shows. Her faith on Bappa can never be a travesty!! Love Zahra. x

Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 04 January 2011 at 3:28pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

anupamas2sikkaishashruti10augustKavitaDRdesigrl414gp00sub_rosabfunofbb123HumaG-bharti-ImmaculateDream-Huma-

-bharti- IF-Rockerz
-bharti-
-bharti-

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Unhappyplease dont compare nakku to other women on tv shows. Nakku is unique in the sense she has never asked anything for herself, she has always kept duttas happiness above everythg, if tmw she has to leave dutta for his happiness she would gladly do it as long as he is safe nd at peace.

ImmaculateDream

left_forever IF-Dazzler
left_forever
left_forever

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
I completely disagree with you..i dont know if I would be able to justify my view but Naku's outburst is natural for me.

I am very religious person and leave things in God's hands when I know I cant do anything and in return I get His reply too that "Dont worry I will take care" but if sumday or sum point I see things falling apart or going against my so-called faith on Him I shatter and keep crying for hours in front of Him to help me and not let me down with the faith I have entrusted on Him and trust me He answers back telling me "Hey be patient..I am working on it"

This I am talking of mostly those things which I cant control, where lives and deaths are involved...say surgeries, here Naku's Saab's life who is Gangster and whose sister is trying to kill him etc. In such scenrios where you have no control if you see thngs going against your faith then it is natural to take out all your outburst on the only one person whom you have put down all your worries and fears.

See if my loved one is serious and is in ICU I will pray and keep saying that God will take care...he/she will recover but wat if doctor comes out and say "I am really sorry we tried our best. Now only if he/she responds in sumway in next 48 hours we can do sumthng". Now will u still keep saying same above sentence?? I wont...now I will get agessive with my God and start fighting...see its natural for me

And yeah as far as Naku is concerned you see her such outbursts in front of God are only when her Saabs's life is in danger. DId you ever see her doig such things when Saab ddint accept gori Naku??

Sorry for such long postEmbarrassed

Edited by ccolaco - 04 January 2011 at 10:24pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

anupamas2sikkaishaKavitaDRsub_rosa-bharti-

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:50am | IP Logged
This is the second time Naku has repeated these words, first after taking kaul from Bapa & second now, first  time for revealing her truth to Datta & now for his life. Both these incidents were very big in her life.Most of us always go to God when very big things in our life are beyond our control & we are totally helpless.Naku's situation is same so she is questioning Bappa-the super power ,because after faith in Bappa, Datta is the most important  in her life, so she is justified.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sikkaishaKavitaDR

Go to top