Sasural Genda Phool

Dont Cry Telly-IE article

Shwets1502 IF-Addictz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 6:20am | IP Logged

Don't cry, telly

Shailaja Bajpai
Tags : Saas Bina Sasural, Sasural Genda Phool, Na Aaana Is Desh Laado Posted: Tue Jan 04 2011, 16:16 hrs New Delhi:
Last week, in my regular TV column, Telescope, I praised television entertainment for showing signs of joy. It was really going to be a happy new year, I had hoped. I was wrong. On Monday night, looking for something to smile about on such a winter's day, I found nothing but tears. That too, on shows such as Saas Bina Sasural (Sony) and Sasural Genda Phool (Star Plus), my favourite smilies. I had been let down, badly, heavily and my rear end is still smarting from the impact of the fall.

In Saas Bina Sasural , it's the in-laws who have betrayed my trust. Last seen, this all-male household was ever so pleasant and full of silliness. Now, the unfortunate result of Toasty (yes, that is her name, poor dear.) marrying Tej is that they're mistreating her. They actually enjoy her cooking -- even when there is a cockroach in their soup, sorry dal. Imagine that. Shame on grown-up men – the very least they could have done is to make her have her dal and eat the cockroach too. No wonder she was reduced to tears.

And they're behaving like men will behave the moment there's a woman in the house: leave all the household chores to Toasty, who never brushed off even the crumbs from her mouth, let alone sweep them off the floor. Enough to make anyone weep.

So there she is in tears. And there's her husband, Tej, looking like he saw a fearsome ghost when it's only his mother-in-law. What's happening here? Why is everyone so serious, suddenly?

Meanwhile, in Sasural Genda Phool , Suhaana is weeping copiously – she could fill a Sintex water tank with her tears. Honestly. It's pathetic. Where has that lovely, smiling girl gone? On Monday night, her husband Ishaan was giving her a lecture the length of a college tutorial and she just couldn't stop crying, even though it was making messy inroads into her foundation cream or whatever it is they use on actors' faces, these days. As in every other soap opera, the marriage seems to have gone sour and he tells her that she never cared for him, etc. It's all so sad, she had to cry.

These two serials defied popular convention and were happy, happy. Now, they look suspiciously like Na Aaana Is Desh Laado (Colors), the serial on female foeticide. Sombre. Sad. Soppy. Sob-sob.

Well there's nothing for it, I'll have to settle for a good cry – boo-hoo.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

DiiviGarima_04--sree--Keenu.GYusBeeiViews

Keenu.G IF-Rockerz
Keenu.G
Keenu.G

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 6:36am | IP Logged
haha well funny article! but makes sense! LOL
SGP needs to be lively again! itni tension sahi nahin hain! 
I have this feeling ke tension will raise the TRPs again jus like Sona did! Public! LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

whatfunGarima_04YusBee

infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 7:17am | IP Logged
I really enjoyed the article, evry well written didnt do any bashing but plain reality. SGP should get out of Star Plus spell ASAP

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBee

mjtruelegend IF-Rockerz
mjtruelegend
mjtruelegend

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 7:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by venture

I really enjoyed the article, evry well written didnt do any bashing but plain reality. SGP should get out of Star Plus spell ASAP

Yes me too. I also want SGP to get back to how it used to be at the beginningBig smile.

Shwets1502 IF-Addictz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:01am | IP Logged
i would actually disagree a bit...
if the article was about the proceedings of SGP for the past few weeks i would have been happy...but just taking mondays episode....no...

mondays episode was a very important episode...
SGP is not a comic show....there will be some seriousness...

and i totally disagree with
As in every other soap opera, the marriage seems to have gone sour and he tells her that she never cared for him, etc. It's all so sad, she had to cry.

their marriage was never a perfect marriage...and he tells her that she never cared for him????she told him that...!!!!

if the story always is rona dhona i agree....but taking only mondays episode....iam sorry i totally disagree...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Garima_04Tani91YusBee

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top