Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

MR Leaving?! - Concerns/Comment Here!

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
Hey guys! Smile

As we all are aware, there have been rumors and/or unofficial news about Mishal Raheja stepping down from portraying the character of "Dutta Bhao/Dutta Patil" in the next couple of months. And because it hasn't been confirmed or explained one way or another, there has been a lot of confusion and some heartbreak around the forum.

Is Mishal leaving? When is he leaving? End of February or in a couple of months? And what will happen of the show? What will happen of Dutta's character? Is this departure tenative or is it already in the pipeline? - If I'm not wrong, these are some of the questions that have been floating around in all our minds. And because of this, some of us have not been able to enjoy the show as much as we normally would.

So in an attempt to put minds to rest and try to get this thing figured out one way or another in a uniform manner, we've re-opened the Comments thread. Only this time, all comments related to MR's (impending?) exit should be posted here.

We will forward the link to this thread and all the messages to the LTL production house, the channel and this time to Mishal Raheja also. And hopefully (fingers crossed) we can get some light shed on this issue. *hopeful muh*

So if there are any concerns that you have or any comments that you'd like to make with respect to MR's alleged exit from the show, please feel free to post your thoughts here. And as always, please make sure that the comments are civil and respectful. Any harsh/disrespectful/rude comments will not be tolerated.

That being said, I hope we can help resolve this issue and put everyone's minds at ease. Smile

Regards,
LTL Development Team

Edited by -Fivr- - 04 January 2011 at 12:13pm

The following 56 member(s) liked the above post:

merunshamnasasalimomsx3tinanaikPinki_BaulAMANJPduttarpitadikuloloujju111Fatima82komal_w25LaTuLasikkaishamahalaxmikshruti10augustmishimanomitturajuprettywomanCrystal29shally_m-sourire--Roopa-Kevasasha_1pbtghoshmnx12mozart66Jyoemussy.jamshed.Indu.rama_2010bfunofbb123sub_rosadivy609Rose_Petalleft_foreverduskkadduushish15HumaGRiddikulussuhana19-Carrie-artikbivy_11-bharti---khushi--RoyalLEO_KrrishAnu-ReddyPrinsesse.SuvimeghapartiImmaculateDreamkhushixDew-dropMrsKhanAreYaar

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 1:27am | IP Logged

Thank you for the much needed post Fivr.

I was hooked to Laagi tujhse lagan in early august from the episode where Dutta realises his love for the quaint and not so beautiful outside girl nakusha. The intense potrayal of his complex nature in the dream in the jungle and then subsequent soothing of his heart by the glimpse of his lady love intrigued me. I surfed for more in Youtube and stumbled upon the Wedding scenes of May. And then started watching all the episodes from day one. It took me 3days back to back to catch up entire story. And what stood out for me was the exceptional acting by the male lead Mishaal raheja. He not only breathed life into the gruff, love weary, tortured soul of Dutta sriram patil, he actually brought the character so alive that it obliterated the lines between the actor and the character himself. Indeed, he is a tremendous find for the industry.

I would like to wish him all the very best for his future endevours. But at the same time i want him to stand by this show which gave proper outlet for venting his outstanding skills in all forms. Atleast, to stand by DuttaPatil till the proper culmination of this story.

Also, i would like to request Mishal to take up only those projects that are different and compliment his capabilities and not try run of the mill things. Rather than going for a regular song,action,comedy,romance recepie we would like to see him in projects which bring out only the new and mature Mishal. I believe it will also quench the thrist of artist within. Rather than seeing another repeat of all those tellystars who have tried for bollywood only to taste failure i would like to see him follow the footsteps of the like Kay Kay menon, Irfan Khan, Ronit Roy, Rahul bose, Ashutosh Rana, Manoj Bajpai. These actors have carved a niche for themselves in the industry by taking up unconventional projects. I would like to see Mishal's name amongst these worthy stars. People who have made it to success by their own calibre and talent with proper judgement and hard work. I know our Mishal is capable of it all.

I being totally an audience and bystander can only speculate but i believe Mishal is a very sensible, balanced professional and will only take the best decisions for himself. I like to congratulate him for his applaudable job as Dutta bhau, a character that brought byronic heroes alive on our screen and will stay in our minds forever.

I would like to congratulate the LTL team for building such beautiful show and characters like Dutta,baaji and nakku. But my request to them is that please don't spoil a perfect broth by overcooking it.So, please don't take leaps to Dutta-nakku's Babies or suddenly change the actors for the heck of it since the actor is not able to go forth with the show. I know you people are professional enough and resourceful enough to bring a proper end to the show without ruining its charm.

Congratulation and appologies if i unintentionally stepped on any toes with my post.

Thanks and regards to all.
A hopeless LTL addict,
Shilpi

Edited by shilpita87 - 04 January 2011 at 2:07am

The following 30 member(s) liked the above post:

merunpreeti009AMANJPduttarpitaFatima82pinkykLaTuLadivya17-7mitturajusasha_1pbtghosh-Roopa-Kevaprettywomansub_rosakadduumozart66Jyoemussy.jamsheddivy609rama_2010Strawbellaushankitvcivy_11HumaGImmaculateDreammeghapartikhushixMrsKhanAreYaar

mozart66 IF-Dazzler
mozart66
mozart66

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 1:41am | IP Logged
@Shilpita:

Thank you so much dear for voicing my concerns too so beautifully!! I agree with you wholeheartedly on your post. Agree with every word being said here.

Thanks once again!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

duttarpitaFatima82mussy.jamshedkadduu

mussy.jamshed IF-Dazzler
mussy.jamshed
mussy.jamshed

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Thanks alot Fivr. I appreciate that you have created something to share our comments / concerns on this issue.

First of all, Thanks to LTL Production House, Creatives, Channels, Cast and Crew.
This is the only show I watch on Television, as I found it very original and interesting. May be you're not aware how much it has affected us personally. We were so much enjoying this show until the rumors of Mishal Raheja exit started twitching our nerves badly. LTL is now part and parcel of our daily lives, we get carried away by the ups and down of this serial. It was so depressing to hear news of Mishal leaving LTL this February or in the next few months. We can't imagine MR leaving the show so soon. We love Dutta as Character, no matter main protagonist of the show is Nakusha, but no one can deny that its Dutta who made this show worth-watching. Mishal and Mahi have fabulous chemistry on screen and we look this show as Dutta-Nakusha eternal love story.

After hearing so much about MR's exit, weird thoughts crossed my mind....is this what we waited for patiently. I can't see any replacement of MR in the show. for me Dutta is Mishal and should be him only. I can't forbear any new actor playing this role or any track of face burn / plastic surgery......this is so not fair with the viewers, who religiously watched your show. Mishal I know, your dream is to be in Bollywood and that's not running anywhere. at least u can stay till the proper culmination of this show...at least till the first half of this year. After that , we will happily let you go to pursue your big dreams.

Moreover, don't we deserve any official announcement from you Mishal. Those who adore you so much. won't you give them respect by making an official statement about it. You can at least tell us how true are these rumors or whats in yr mind. This news has spoiled my mood to watch this show. I love LTL so much, but for the v first time I m extremely sad and disheartened.

Dutta is once in a lifetime kinda role....so many actors aspire to play this role. I hope you stick to the show sincerely and leave at the right time.....meaning till the proper culmination of the show.Big smile

I hope you do take our concerns/comments in notice. I am an ardent fan of MR and LTL..Can't think of LTL without Dutta & that for me is Mishal Raheja.

Edited by mussy.jamshed - 04 January 2011 at 2:24am

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

momsx3AMANJPfairy_naazFatima82pinkykmitturajusasha_1pbtghosh-Roopa-prettywomansub_rosakadduumozart66divy609rama_2010-Carrie-ivy_11ushankitvcprnczmeghapartiImmaculateDreamkhushix

mozart66 IF-Dazzler
mozart66
mozart66

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 2:03am | IP Logged
@Mussy:

Thank you too dear.... you said it all exactly the way I wanted to.....

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pbtghoshmussy.jamshedleft_forever

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 3:06am | IP Logged

Edit:

When I first read the news of Mishal exiting LTL on Hindustan Times I had a good laugh at it. The thought that LTL can exist without Mishal itself was preposterous. But that was the just the beginning...soon news started pouring in...some sent by fake Mishal's facebook profiles and some apparently by the real Mishal himself. I didnt know what to believe or how to react. I simply wanted to shut out the news as the news not only took away the enjoyment of watching LTL but also spoilt my mood in general...add to that 'Dutta dies' news on Tellychakkar and all horrible ektaish nightmares started coming alive. Only ray of hope was there was no official announcement by the PH or channel or Mishal himself in the media of him leaving...and whenever he was asked this question by the media Mishal said he was very much a part of LTL.

Now IF...its a big if Mishal really exits I feel that shows can go on without their original leads...maybe LTL will too. But for me LTL is Naku and Dutta played by Mahi and Mishal. The show without either of them is unimaginable. So I guess the show will be over for me if either leaves.

Coming to Mishal leaving and his reasons for the same...if the reason is the rumours of tantrum throwing in the media then he must develop a thick skin. The media ONLY writes about people the public is curious about. If the reason is because of some differences between Mishal and the PH/channel...I hope things are sorted out...the show is bigger than personal egos. If the reason is a big break in Bollywood as a fan I understand that. Every actor dreams of making it in films and Mishal has it in him to make it. If Mishal has got a really good break he must not let go of the opputunity. Afterall good breaks are hard to come by in Bollywood. But here too I hope its a really good break...good enough to let of a character like Dutta Patil. Afterall the character is one of the best written characters on TV today and every male actor would want to be in Mishal's shoes. One bad decision and Mishal may end up like the many other examples of successful telly actors failed in Bollywood.

Anyways Mishal seems to be a sensible guy and I hope he takes the best decision for himself. I wish him all the best for the future whereever it is...with LTL or elsewhere.

Edited by kshreya2002 - 04 January 2011 at 6:14am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

AMANJPFatima82sasha_1Keva-Roopa-sub_rosakadduurama_2010JyoeushankitvcRiddikulusmeghapartikhushix

ujju111 Groupbie
ujju111
ujju111

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 3:17am | IP Logged

I was the one who spread the msg that mishal's leaving by feb. end, as my frnd told me this.But i'd be really hurt if mishal doesn't give an official announcement. Can't he spare 5 min. for us to officially tell his decision? He must remember that this was his 2nd project n infact, far more popular than his stepping stones.. he must not leave it in such a manner. I would pray that Mishal doesn't leave. I would stop watching colors if he leaves ltl...!!!!!AngryCryAngryDeadAngry

n thanxx for opening this section....Smile
sub_rosa IF-Dazzler
sub_rosa
sub_rosa

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 3:19am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot for the thread...! Will edit my post later!

Go to top