-Mmmmm-

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
Hi All,

There is NO limit on the number of likes you can hit on a day. The only limit that we have set is that you cant hit "like" for the same user in more then 10 posts of theirs in 24hours time frame.

Now we have increased it to 25 and I dont think there are many who makes more then 25 posts in a day so this limit should virtually not be a problem to anyone.

We noticed that there were accounts just made to like posts to feature in the Hall Of Fame. This limit will keep a check on this.

Having said that:

There was an error from the programming team as instead of counting 10 it was just limiting it to 2 that is why we noticed so many members had this problem. This error has been fixed.

Cheers,
Vijay

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

CoCoa_19kumari3NuktaacheenqwwwsmariekoolchickKatalicious-SMay31-Kai.RagMastaBeyond_the_Veilshininggal2008Zareena_Sano_widapetticoat

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
thanks maddy.... he really needs to get rid of that stupid restriction as well... why limit to 25 posts...?  sometimes we have much more.... AngryEmbarrassedLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

qwww

Kai. IF-Sizzlerz
Kai.
Kai.

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
hey thanks for the information.

I fail to understand y ppl on IF are so obsessed about rankings and figures. MID to increase their celebrity ranking, to increase 'like counting'.........it's just numbers in the end of the day!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen.shona.-SMay31-petticoat

radha187 Groupbie
radha187
radha187

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kai_Hiwatari

I fail to understand y ppl on IF are so obsessed about rankings and figures. MID to increase their celebrity ranking, to increase 'like counting'.........it's just numbers in the end of the day!!

Rahul Khanna summarizes why nicely:

Crazed Junkie wh**e

Rahul Khanna - August 03, 2005

I've become one.

This blogging business is bringing out a very ugly side of me. I've become unrecognizably competitive about the number of comments my posts attract. I've started seeing them as blog-currency. The more you have the richer you are. And my greed for them is insatiable. I know I said I'm an ascetic – but that was just to get a full comment box.

I've started having vicious thoughts about my friends and fellow bloggers. Why did Nandita's martyred post on "being taken seriously" get 10 comments when my far more interesting post on Cuckold got only 9? At last count I managed to beat the 2 comments that Gotham's definition of 'callous' attracted by 3 with my witty definition of 'blogstipation' but he's catching up. And what will it take to achieve Dr. Chopra's ability to attract comments in the double digits within hours of posting an entry? How many comments will the manipulative portrayal of my "sensitive" side in my post on gossip be able to squeeze out of readers? What provocative subject should I exploit next? Shall I plagiarize someone else's philosophies? Create an abusive childhood? Hire an out of work programmer to post responses? Anything!

My lust for comments is out of control and consumes my every thought – both waking and reposed.

As soon as I post, I'm crazed as I hit reload over and over again, waiting for the first comment and when one is posted, it's a blissful high. But the relief is temporary. In no time at all, I'm back at the reload button waiting for the next one and then the next… I don't care what they say. I just want more.

It's an addiction, I know – and I should just cold-turkey by turning off the comments option – but I'm not ready for detox. Just a few more… it's cool. Give them to me.

I'll do anything.
http://www.intentblog.com/archives/2005/08/crazed_junkie_w.html

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheenpetticoat

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
is that it 25? Unhappy
sheee IF-Sizzlerz
sheee
sheee

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 2:52pm | IP Logged

I didn't even know "like" matter this much. I like to like posts and they should stop this counting and rank thing. No one cares about rank, people just want to like posts. Simple

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

radha187Nuktaacheen

RagMasta IF-Sizzlerz
RagMasta
RagMasta

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
edited

Edited by raju786 - 04 January 2011 at 3:04pm
sheee IF-Sizzlerz
sheee
sheee

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raju786

Originally posted by sheee

I didn't even know "like" matter this much. I like to like posts and they should stop this counting and rank thing. No one cares about rank, people just want to like posts. Simple

But i think the "Like" button matters alot to you, because i have seen in alot of your posts where your saying that oh my like button isnt working, or you didnt like my post etc..

and even when I liked KatForEva's post, you had an outburst..

You do notice Like buttons alot..i dont even remember the posts i liked

I like "like" and it matters to me, that I can like the posts, that's all. I did not know about ranks and how many people like my post, I don't even care. And by the way I had an outburst (in your words) not because you liked katforeve's post, it was because she gave Ash #1 and you liked her post. Not my business, I know. But when I wrote about Ash not deserving being #1, in next post to katforeve, you agreed with me.

The problem was not about you liking her post, it was you agreeing with both of us.

Go to top